Why do people rate Pavlich ahead of Riewoldt ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pav has bigger thighs.

I think that's the attraction.

Can't think of any other reason why he'd be rated ahead of Roo.

Bigger ego too.

The thing that separates the two isn't natural talent, it's heart.

Roo is selfless in how he pays. Pav isn't.

Not precious just know how to spot a troll when I see one and in the last few posts you have indicated that the only reason Pav has stayed at Freo is because he wouldn't get anywhere near as much money in Adelaide.

I know you're just trying to rile up responses but your arguements are so thin it laughable.

. . . and in the last few posts you have indicated that the only reason Pav has stayed at Freo is because he wouldn't get anywhere near as much money in Adelaide.
No I didn't.

Jesus, is comprehension such a hard skill to master?

I said that the fact he stayed with Freo doesn't mean he's not selfish.

Fev is probably the most selfish player in football and he's still with the club that drafted him.

The comment was made about this year so your "stats" are meaningless in regards to that point

That's funny.

It could be argued that wanting to get out of a forward line with limited opportunities was done to improve his prospects rather than the team's.

His role was determined well before the season started, as has been stated he lost weight so he could play midfield.

So your saying he wanted to get out of the foward line because of limited opportunities. (this year, right?)
But what you didn't grasp was that this year doesn't count because he isn't playing foward, he is the one kicking it to the fowards. So he can't have a lack of opportunity if he isn't there in the first place.

He may of had a lack of opportunity, by your account of things, in previous years but as the stats show he still manages to kick goals.

On that measure you'd have to argue Fev is better than Pav (which he clearly isn't). I can name plenty of other examples.

We aren't talking about Pav (CHF/MID) and Fev(FF). Its Riewoldt(CHF/WING) and Pavlich. No point bringing that up because it means nothing. Keep on subject.

this argument is going to go on forever.. no matter what good points you bring up, he's (JeffDunne) not going to back down now.. he'll look like an idiot if he backs down on anything he's said, so it's just going to keep on going

His role was determined well before the season started, as has been stated he lost weight so he could play midfield.

So your saying he wanted to get out of the foward line because of limited opportunities. (this year, right?)
Again, settle down, put your preciousness on the shelf and read what is written and not what you think is written.

The whole moving to the midfield was presented as an example of him not being selfish. I simply said that was proof of nothing as you could as easily argue the opposite.

But what you didn't grasp was that this year doesn't count because he isn't playing foward, he is the one kicking it to the fowards. So he can't have a lack of opportunity if he isn't there in the first place.
Ummm, I haven't said anything about the number of goals kicked or used it as proof of anything. You did that.

I reckon you're talking yourself into a chicken-and-egg argument on this point

We aren't talking about Pav (CHF/MID) and Fev(FF). Its Riewoldt(CHF/WING) and Pavlich. No point bringing that up because it means nothing. Keep on subject.
Again, you're the one using goals kicked to prove something. I'm not.

Roo has probably played 0.1% of his career on the wing. He's a true CHF that sometimes plays at FF.

this argument is going to go on forever.. no matter what good points you bring up, he's (JeffDunne) not going to back down now.. he'll look like an idiot if he backs down on anything he's said, so it's just going to keep on going

What's to back down on?

Surely we're debating opinions here, unless of course you have something to add? :rolleyes:

I don't mind having a debate/arguement about things, but atleast get the facts right and don't bring petty insults into it.

well if i must.. are we rating who's had the better career.. or who's the better player at the moment..? its hard to judge who's the better player at the moment due to them playing different positions this year.. but i reckon pavlich has had the better career to date.. but i have enjoyed watching riewoldt play this year, i probably enjoy watching him more than pavlich actually.. but i dont think he's the better player

how was that a petty insult.. that wasn't supposed to be my intention.. i was just saying this is going to go on forever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't - never have, never will. I think big Nick is actually the best player in the AFL and has been for a while. Still can't believe he didn't win the 2004 Brownlow - he was on a different stratosphere to everyone (including Judd) that year.

Only his shoulder op in 2005 slowed him a little for a few years. Is now back to his absolute best again.

Again, settle down, put your preciousness on the shelf and read what is written and not what you think is written.

I'm actually quite settled, thanks for asking though. Also have read what is written.

The whole moving to the midfield was presented as an example of him not being selfish. I simply said that was proof of nothing as you could as easily argue the opposite.

And i've just given a simple example on the side of him not being selfish, yet you seem to think that means nothing? as you said earlier. Yet obviously it does.

Ummm, I haven't said anything about the number of goals kicked or used it as proof of anything. You did that.

I know. Refer previous point.

Again, you're the one using goals kicked to prove something. I'm not.

Goals have nothing to do with what i said here. Your the one who said we may as well compare Pav to Fev. But thats not the subject.

Roo has probably played 0.1% of his career on the wing. He's a true CHF that sometimes plays at FF.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway nice talking to you. Good luck with finals etc. :thumbsu:

how was that a petty insult.. that wasn't supposed to be my intention.. i was just saying this is going to go on forever

Sorry mate, that wasn't directed at you.

Can we just get one thing straight;

This year Riewoldt has played better than Pavlich. Even i can see that.

But previous years Pavlich has been the better player.

( IMO )

Because some people realise it takes more then one good year on a great team to be a great player Pavlich has far more consistant then reiwoldt throughout his carrer anyone that deny's that is lying to themselves. Not to mention Pav can play any position Riewoldt is a leading forward a good one but thats it.

Riewoldt has been smashing it since he debuted back in 2001 or 2002. How many Saints B&Fs has he won - and with better teammates than Pavlich to contend against.

Riewoldt has been smashing it since he debuted back in 2001 or 2002. How many Saints B&Fs has he won - and with better teammates than Pavlich to contend against.

perhaps, but then you could make the argument its harder to carry a team by yourself, than having quality players feeding you the ball all the time

Particularly since for a few years there, when Pav was winning AA's and B&F's, Freo finished above St Kilda. :eek:

Only once in the past 6 seasons has Freo finished above St Kilda (and then only by a game).

Prior to that, Roo missed a large chunk of the season in most of those seasons.

You'd be kidding yourself if you didn't recognise which of the two has played in the better team for the vast majority of their career.

It is very simple to breakdown why Pav is better:
He's kicked more goals, despite playing in a generally shitter team.
He's won more B&F.
He's won more AA.
He is more versatile.
He is more resilient.

On what basis is Roo better?

Upon saying that, I think Roo is pretty much just as good. He certainly plays his role very well now.

Only once in the past 6 seasons has Freo finished above St Kilda (and then only by a game).

Prior to that, Roo missed a large chunk of the season in most of those seasons.

You'd be kidding yourself if you didn't recognise which of the two has played in the better team for the vast majority of their career.

I know St Kilda has been a better team (even posted that elsewhere), however I was just pointing out that it is not exactly like Pav had no competition for his B&F. One thing about Freo is that they had a bunch of very good players, but just not enough depth across the park, which really cost them over the years.

One thing about Freo is that they had a bunch of very good players, but just not enough depth across the park, which really cost them over the years.

The same is true of us.

Can I ask though, with a bunch of very good players why then did they constantly miss finals during this period bar one season?

perhaps, but then you could make the argument its harder to carry a team by yourself, than having quality players feeding you the ball all the time

But, what has he carried them to? And don't forget that big Nick (like Buddy) is one of the key reasons his side has been a good side since he came on the scene, progressing from the cellar dwellers they were when he was drafted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do people rate Pavlich ahead of Riewoldt ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back