Why do people rate Pavlich ahead of Riewoldt ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait to when Jack Watts leads Melbourne to the 2014. 2015 and 2016 premierships with a triple Brownlow medal winning performance.

i meant that he's been performing very well in a bad side.. and it must be a bit easier to be performing well in a good side, which st kilda have been.. sorry, i should have worded what i meant better..

im really just repeating what everyone has already said before me really.. so its nothing new what im saying

But, what has he carried them to? And don't forget that big Nick (like Buddy) is one of the key reasons his side has been a good side since he came on the scene, progressing from the cellar dwellers they were when he was drafted.
Pav has carried that side for a long time in a sense whereby he busts a gut and is consistantly playing well to lift his side every week and when you consider he has had ordinary players around him delivering the ball to him he has done exceptionally well.
To me Roo and Pav are both as good as each other and its very hard to split them both

Only once in the past 6 seasons has Freo finished above St Kilda (and then only by a game).

Prior to that, Roo missed a large chunk of the season in most of those seasons.

You'd be kidding yourself if you didn't recognise which of the two has played in the better team for the vast majority of their career.

Interestingly in the 3 years they have both won the best and fairests at their respective clubs Freo have actually been on top of the saints twice.

2002- Both Pav and Roo won their clubs best and fairest. Freo finished 13th and the Saints finished 15th.

2006- Both won again. Freo finished 3rd and the Saints 6th

2007- Both won again. Freo finished 11th and the Saints 9th.

So maybe there was more competition for Pav at Freo than Roo at the saints.

Finals in 2003 and prelim in 2006

Not much really and can you say Pav was the reason solely? The team as a whole played reasonably well those seasons.

The Saints were about where the Hawks are now this time last season (perhaps just slightly better) and it was through Nick Reiwoldt that they not only improved to make the finals but actually played off for GF berth. His will dragged them from a 10th finish to a PF in a matter of about 8-10 weeks.

Anyway, they are both top notch but I'd take Roo.

The main difference is that Riewoldt seems to give a shit about winning

The thing that separates the two isn't natural talent, it's heart.

Roo is selfless in how he pays. Pav isn't.

There is no way in Hell that Pav is better than Roo.

So what if he's more versatile?

Roo has won more games off his own boot, and by willing his team across the line than Pav ever has.

Roo is a far better leader than Pav.

Those two criteria are far more important than AA (which is essentially meaningless) or how many positions you can play.

Brown>Roo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pav

i lol'd at many of these comments. i suppose they wouldnt really show docker games over east.

i wonder how roo would go with midfielders kicking over his head (or at his ankles) on a 1 vs 3 situation.

Not much really and can you say Pav was the reason solely? The team as a whole played reasonably well those seasons.

The Saints were about where the Hawks are now this time last season (perhaps just slightly better) and it was through Nick Reiwoldt that they not only improved to make the finals but actually played off for GF berth. His will dragged them from a 10th finish to a PF in a matter of about 8-10 weeks.

Anyway, they are both top notch but I'd take Roo.

I see...

roo.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I have to say to counter that brilliant argument is, 4687 68431121 68711 0 418 761153 484 38548648 846847 3132143 434 34 1381 847 31. Oh and 2584136874!

Honestly, I said it before I'll say it again, they are both great players, there is no point comparing them.

is there a 1st possession statistic aswell..?

There is from;

http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/player_profile?pid=200198

http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/player_profile?pid=20112

This year only.

Nick Riewoldt 1ST: 2 (avg 0.1) from 14 matches
Matthew Pavlich: 1ST: 61 (avg 4.7) from 13 matches.

Can't get career 1ST stats because i'm not paying $50 to sign up. (they have awesome stats, but $50 a year to find them out.... no thanks.)

Edit:

Nick Dal Santo 1ST: 71 (avg 5.1) from 14 matches.

In case you wanted to compare Pav to another midfielder. Is doing quite well in that stat.

All I have to say to counter that brilliant argument is, 4687 68431121 68711 0 418 761153 484 38548648 846847 3132143 434 34 1381 847 31. Oh and 2584136874!

Honestly, I said it before I'll say it again, they are both great players, there is no point comparing them.

:confused:argument? I posted some stats , I didn't comment on them.
You purple guys are a bit precious aren't you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do people rate Pavlich ahead of Riewoldt ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back