Why do you hate collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

sedders

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I dont want this to sound another troll thread abusing collingwood. I actually want to know why people hate collingwood. Is it their fans, eddie, the players, mick, some team rivaltry or something else?

For me, its eddie, i dont really hate collingwood or their supporters, just their president, thats why i want brisbane to win tomorrow.

so why do you hate collingwood?

and collingwood supporters - dont take offence, we know you love your club and you really shouldn't care that we hate collingwood.

Because they're not St Kilda. Also the reason I hate Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, Hawthorn, Kangaroos, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, Sydney, the Bulldogs and West Coast. :D

im gonna follow this thread with some interest, because being a pies supporter, i often wonder why there are so many people with such a level of hate towards collingwood

i can see where people are coming from in not liking eddie, as he is the face of the club and is on channel 9 all the time, but if he went for any other team woudl that team then cop the same amount of flak?

i understand there is a general view that pie fans are the worst. this is a shame cause the generalisation that we are all 'bad' means that for a bloke like me, who loves footy, loves to talk footy and is generally very open minded when it comes to discussin the greatest sport on the planet - i get put into that stereotype. i dont like it :/

i can see your point, morgues. I have a few Collingwood friends, and they are nothing like the steryotypical Collingwood fan. Steryotypes are stupid, anyway.
Though certain actions by some clubs and players make me angry for a few days or even a week if its bad enough, I personally don't care either way about any of the other 15 clubs. I hate them on the day we play them, then - apathy.
Good luck tomorrow to both Pies and Lions.

Originally posted by morgues
im gonna follow this thread with some interest, because being a pies supporter, i often wonder why there are so many people with such a level of hate towards collingwood

This thread has been tried 100 times before, but usually degrades into a fight after 10 minutes.

I hope the collingwood haters like myself can give answers without stuff like "cos they suck" and the supports can refrain from answering "no you suck"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Eddie McGuire. I had nothing against him until he started to deflect the blame for last year's GF loss on the SALARY CAP! Take responsibility... don't make excuses.

2. Nathan Buckley. He's a very good player, but he's far too arrogant. Also, add his name to point 3.

3. Anthony Rocca and Shane O'Bree. These tossers ratted out on their clubs, not even bothering to give anything at all to Sydney and Brisbane respectively. O'Bree even deliberately went into the pres-eason draft so that the Lions didn't get anything for him. WEAK!

4. The Fans. Apologies to a half-dozen or so decent Pie fans on here (Nic, Joel, NickThePieMan et al), but most of them are absolute certified morons. You all know who you are. You mirror your president and captain for arrogance, when really your club has not yet done anything. You blow more hot air than a blast furnace. You're embarassments to your club and football in general. Congratulations.

There are a couple of other sundry reasons, but they're the main ones.

Children of the universe,

Embark not on another fruitless search for answers to questions beyond mortal comprehension. We are Collingwood and that is all there is to it. You are Collingwood and you are us or you are not and are not. No rocket science, just nature. It started with Black, white was added and the rest is the fruit of the black and white loins (not Lions). Everything is a sub set of the Black and White origins. Don't seek answers to questions you don't even understand the meaning of. This is too much for Steven Hawkins to even contemplate. We understand because we are. You don't because you are not.

Anyone for a humbug?

Originally posted by riccardo
Because they're not St Kilda. Also the reason I hate Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, Hawthorn, Kangaroos, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, Sydney, the Bulldogs and West Coast. :D

What he said, and the fact that i will probably have to change my sig after tomorrow afternoon.

It's strange cos when I think about it I actually find:
1. I don't hate Eddie (don't like him much but he's just pushing his line cos he can... even though it's tiresome and OTT)
2. I don't hate all their supporters, as there are some who defy the stereotype and are just people like morgues, who love the footy, with Collingwood being their team of choice. Unfortunately, they seem to be the minority, as there are others who are just plain stupid and/or arrogant... but then you get them with all clubs' supporters... maybe it's just that Collingwood ones are more in your face offensive and arrogant??
3. I don't hate Mick - he's doing his job, does it pretty well, lies a fair bit (but don't they all), overplays the mind-games / psychological warfare thing IMO, conveniently forgets some of his more distasteful decisions (ie Worsfold -1998) while passing judgement on others, but all this just to gain an edge for game day - which is what we'd expect all coaches to do.
4. I can't stand Buckley - if ever there was a person who deserved the FIGJAM nickname it's him. He's a blood-wiping, paying-out-on-umpires, over-oozing lump of arrogance personified. I know some Collingwood supporters will pick up on this and say that all players pay out on the umpires - but he's your club captain and a seemingly respected player, and he does it more than most others. He should know better and he's no example to kids who are taking up the game. He seems to say, "if you're good, you can do what you want." And he is good - very good. But I wouldn't want him as captain of my club.
5. Apart from him, I don't hate any of the other players... some I don't like - but no more than some players from other clubs. Can't believe that for 2 years in a row there'd be a player so stupid to get himself rubbed out for a Grand Final - but that's not hate, that just pity for such a lack of intelligence...

So why do I hate Collingwood - maybe hate is too strong a word. But its hard to say... maybe it's the whole package, all the little bits that make up the whole that make Collingwood really disagreeable.

All I know is that I REALLY, REALLY hope Brisbane win this weekend. Go the Lions!!

PS. Just answering the question - trying to be honest and not trolling... people like morgues may actually care what others think. For those of you who don't give a toss - fair enough. Let it be water off a duck's back to you.

1. Fat Eddie. His constant bias towards Collingwood is particularly annoying to anyone who isn't a Collingwood supporter.

2. The Supporters. I know many Collingwood supporters who are simply arrogant and think they are right every time they say something. The ones I know also seem to think the AFL revolves around Collingwood. Another thing which is annoying.

They are probably the 2 reasons why I don't like Collingwood. It isn't because I am envious of their success, or because of their ability. It would have to be the 2 reasons I have suggested. I didn't hate Collingwood before these reasons came into effect. Now I do.

guess why grover hates collingwood....

barney_bites_grover.jpg

Originally posted by sedders
and collingwood supporters - dont take offence, we know you love your club and you really shouldn't care that we hate collingwood.

did you read this bit? If it were trolling i would have said "and collingwood supporters, up yours". This thread aint intended to abuse collingwood, it's intent is to find out why people hate collingwood. take it how you wish.

Nice try sed.....but your appeal against a major troll inducing charge has been dismissed...you are sentenced to one year of watching a continuous loop of Mark Williams at a press conference.

Originally posted by anduril
Nice try sed.....but your appeal against a major troll inducing charge has been dismissed...you are sentenced to one year of watching a continuous loop of Mark Williams at a press conference.

oh, well, it lasted a good 1hr 15 minutes before an insecure collingwood supporters resorted to name calling and accusations. Lets hope it doesn't stop other people contributing.

if you think it's trolling, then why take the bait? if you dont want to know why people hate your team or if you think it's boring, then dont read, if you want to "close down the ****er" then dont post, that only bumps it and keep it alive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you hate collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back