Why Geelong will overtake Hawthorn and become the on field AFL powerhouse

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well were not talking about them on the hawks one soooooooo...............

lets not act stupid, you know what your saying as you have made reference in your recent quotes.
Why dont you explain the inferences for this not aware?

Go Catters

Am expecting improvement but we will never become the 'AFL powerhouse' like the Hawks. It requires a certain ruthlessness that we have never had. Even in our period of recent success -good admin, good team but still not quite ruthless. ( a ruthless club would never have lost 2008)
Hawsk have been that sort of club for a long time now and it enables them to win flags that they are 50-50 in ( or even weaker odds). Good luck to them. But its not us, and I am happy with that!

How are Bradley Hill and Langford travelling this pre-season?
Are they the two that got trained by Stephen Milne grand final week? Don't change your posting STC, I enjoy reading your work. For what it's worth, I don't want Geelong to become the "powerhouse" of the afl. I always felt that any success Manchester United achieved was discounted because they're such a powerful club that success is expected. I would rather be the underdog.

Also, is taking a screen shot and posting it on another board allowed? I always thought quotes could not be moved from one thread to the next unless a mod moves them?

I'll remain sceptical for now.

Remember these words? 'I don't need to change much ...why fix something that isn't broken. These guys coach themselves, so my job is to just fine tune a few things'.

That's ineptness from the beginning.

He was extremely lucky he inherited a list of champions who were hungry to bow out with 1 final premiership.

He was talking about how the team is run, he has been very ruthless with everything else, really taking what he said out of context.

He was talking about how the team is run, he has been very ruthless with everything else, really taking what he said out of context.
There's a thread designed for his ineptness as a coach, take it up in there please. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong Football Club has won 16 flags at the highest level of Australian Rules Football.

Hawthorn have twice as many wooden spoons as what we do, and we have never finished below 12th in our entire history.

I don't get why Cat fans are talking about whether we will 'overtake' Hawthorn, because we are already ahead of Hawthorn and everyone else when it comes to being an AFL power club.
I can only chuckle at the sheer and utter desperation it must take to dredge up and rely upon non-VFL or AFL recognised flags won in a nothing-comp in the 19th century. Absolute gold!

I can only chuckle at the sheer and utter desperation it must take to dredge up and rely upon non-VFL or AFL recognised flags won in a nothing-comp in the 19th century. Absolute gold!
I can only chuckle at the sheer desperation of Hawthorn supporters that after three flags in a row they're still stalking the Geelong board and taking offence to what is being said. :thumbsu:

Thanks for sharing that mate. That post about our VFA premierships must have made you feel insecure as hell. It's OK though Hawks are still a good team, don't let it bother you too much...:$:$

Thanks for sharing that mate. That post about our VFA premierships must have made you feel insecure as hell. It's OK though Hawks are still a good team, don't let it bother you too much...:$:$
If only they hadn't spent the first 36 years of their existence winning wooden spoons, their supporters would also acknowledge their entire history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back