Why have the Olympics lost their appeal, or have they?

Remove this Banner Ad

What i hate is the "participation award" style of broadcasting, what i mean by that is the carry on when an aussie athlete comes 6th or something and we get "what a fantastic effort you should be so proud", the olympics is about winning not coming 6th. Did anyone see that interview with that 100m butterfly swimmer who came 5th? She was devastated and all the interviewer could say was "what a great effort you should be so proud" i mean seriously the girl is upset for a reason you idiot.
She was second place from getting a medal though!!! Bas is right that is inspirational.

13934744_10206233780233683_3200372738147581078_n.jpg

I think the disappointment can also come from external sources. We are currently seeing a disappointment through Forced Marketing. That is the required purchase of extra platforms to see Premium Content. I wasn't awake for it but the reaction of the Rio Basketball Thread and General Rio thread was the continued vision of another sport when a Premium Sport in Australia v Serbia was on. The only solution was/is to purchase an app at up to $50 to watch what you want.

I can see the day when Swimming and Athletics will only be viewable on a Purchased App separate to the TV station

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went down to our lunch room to watch it. They did well. They have a crazy record. 34-3 or something over the past couple of years. The men are on tomorrow. Hopefully that win inspires them.
The are the only centralised fully professional side there and started this 4 years ago. So from a fitness/strength perspective they shouldnt loose too often to ammos. The men are the opposite players not good enough or sometimes lighter/smaller players that wont make super rugby. Thats why amongst other reason fiji is so good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why have the Olympics lost their appeal, or have they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back