Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder:

This isn't the Israel/Hamas thread.

Go to the Israel/Hamas thread if you want to talk about that.

Thanks.

Is that right!?

If that is the case, finally some sensibility has come to the otherwise farcical judicial system.

You have to swear an oath. I think the bible is the default. You can choose a different publication or some different sort of oath.

Personally, if i wanted to lie in court, an oath sworn on anything wouldn't stop me.
Massive penalties for telling lies in court might stop me.

Maybe they should Straylanise it.

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" ..."Bloody Oath".

You have to swear an oath. I think the bible is the default. You can choose a different publication or some different sort of oath.

Personally, if i wanted to lie in court, an oath sworn on anything wouldn't stop me.
Massive penalties for telling lies in court might stop me.

Maybe they should Straylanise it.

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" ..."Bloody Oath".
Same same then,

You're swearing an oath to something most of or all of the courtroom don't subscribe to, so still farcical then.

Same same then,

You're swearing an oath to something most of or all of the courtroom don't subscribe to, so still farcical then.
Should just be a simple question.
"Do you understand that if you knowingly lie to this court you will be charged with a criminal offence "?

Should just be a simple question.
"Do you understand that if you knowingly lie to this court you will be charged with a criminal offence "?
Reckon there would've many cases where someone's belief in the sky god has been ridiculed, yet you have to swear an oath to any testimony in the same case.

Ironic as *

Reckon there would've many cases where someone's belief in the sky god has been ridiculed, yet you have to swear an oath to any testimony in the same case.

Ironic as *
You can affirm, nobody has to swear.

Islamophobia is the rational position - why shouldn't a rational person be afraid of the irrational?

At least you're consistent in defending other irrational beliefs like Christianity, while plenty of lefties aren't.

The rational position is to be irrational?
Yeah.
Nah.
The rational position is to be rational.

Bigotry, by definition, is not rational.

There's lots of people who have limited knowledge of Islam, who like to pretend that their knowledge is not limited, but that they are, in fact, experts on Islam.

It's called the Dunning-Kruger effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even insert their religion into the official name of some countries. Islamic republic of...

Every law in the land must first be assented to by the King.
Where does the King get his power to tell anyone what law they can and can't have?
From God.

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

As far as I’m aware, Muslims aren’t trying to stack political parties like the Christians are doing with LNP.
In the news today that they are trying to target Labor seats. Obviously well behind the curb of what has happened with the LNP but still there is more organized political activity.

The Muslim Vote runs a website and social media page and appears to be linked to Muslim Votes Matter, an entity registered with the Australian Tax Office since February.

The spokesperson, who declined to give his name, said the collective had over 2,000 volunteers and was in the process of choosing candidates to endorse in several Labor-held seats in western Sydney.

He said a candidate would soon be announced in minister Jason Clare's seat of Blaxland, with candidates to follow in Tony Burke's Watson, Chris Bowen's McMahon and Anne Stanley's Werriwa.

Every law in the land must first be assented to by the King.
Where does the King get his power to tell anyone what law they can and can't have?
From God.

Your ignorance knows no bounds.
Lol wasn't referring to that but you just want to extrapolate to make another personal attack which seems to be the way you like to operate.

The rational position is to be irrational?
Yeah.
Nah.
The rational position is to be rational.

Bigotry, by definition, is not rational.

There's lots of people who have limited knowledge of Islam, who like to pretend that their knowledge is not limited, but that they are, in fact, experts on Islam.

It's called the Dunning-Kruger effect.
Islam, like other forms of theism, requires faith. The Flying Spaghetti Monster and Invisible Pink Unicorn have as much objective evidence for their existence as Allah.

If adults want to believe in fairytales, that is and should be their right. I'm not going to infantilise theists by saying their religion is peaceful or good. It's a coping mechanism, pure and simple.

You know that feeling you get when a new mum tells you her ugly looking baby is beautiful - that's how I feel about faith. It's ugly.

That's an intolerant view, but not irrational.

Islam, like other forms of theism, requires faith. The Flying Spaghetti Monster and Invisible Pink Unicorn have as much objective evidence for their existence as Allah.

If adults want to believe in fairytales, that is and should be their right. I'm not going to infantilise theists by saying their religion is peaceful or good. It's a coping mechanism, pure and simple.

You know that feeling you get when a new mum tells you her ugly looking baby is beautiful - that's how I feel about faith. It's ugly.

Do you think parents that send their children to religious schools should be sanctioned?

How about the rainbow serpent and the singing whales? They are powerful mythical entities actually capable of delaying or preventing national resource projects! Do you debunk these fairytales too?

How about the rainbow serpent and the singing whales? They are powerful mythical entities actually capable of delaying or preventing national resource projects! Do you debunk these fairytales too?
Your willingness to use indigenous myth as ammunition in an argument - or your relish at getting someone else to tee off on them - is noted.

NO religion is dominant here in Australia, broader society is moving further and further away from religion and more and more are moving toward not being religious at all.

If you believe any religion is 'dominant' and have large scale influence on the public then you've been sucked into msm and social media bullsh*t.
I guess you missed the memo
1719877938210.png
Now look at politicians
every single leader is Christian or Catholic
the ALP is run by the catholic right, the coalition has a large pentacostal presence and the religious right is running that party

they don't care that publicly identity with their religion is falling, they're making sure they stay in power

As far as I’m aware, Muslims aren’t trying to stack political parties like the Christians are doing with LNP.
Labor has been run by Catholics for pretty much its entire existence, there is a reason they never tried to pass SSM when they were in power

Your willingness to use indigenous myth as ammunition in an argument - or your relish at getting someone else to tee off on them - is noted.
So exempt from the faith doubters. Thought so. Why is that? Are primitive superstitions different somehow? Be honest.

There are rainbow snake species. Whales do sing.

Still no evidence of sky wizards though.

So exempt from the faith doubters. Thought so. Why is that? Are primitive superstitions different somehow? Be honest.
Primitive superstitions is giving you away again old chap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back