Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder:

This isn't the Israel/Hamas thread.

Go to the Israel/Hamas thread if you want to talk about that.

Thanks.

I don't see how that's relevant, but feel free to explain further.

Theoretically, if 80% of Australians converted to Islam overnight, do you think it would be a positive step for the country - we'd have improved rights for atheists, homosexuals, transgender people.

Price of lamb would skyrocket, ( if it hasn't already ), lots of cheap bacon and pork .

Theoretically, if 80% of Australians converted to Islam overnight, do you think it would be a positive step for the country - we'd have improved rights for atheists, homosexuals, transgender people.
I don't like dodging questions, so I will answer that yes under your hypothetical, it's not likely that rights for those minorities would improve. But there is no rational reason to fear that hypothetical!

According to research done on American muslim attitudes towards homosexuality, you can see that muslims aren't a group of people that can never have their attitudes change over time:

1720669241600.png

It's more likely that over time Muslims living in Australia will change more and more to reflect western attitudes, not the other way around. That swing towards a more progressive answer is very significant in just a decade of polling! Imagine 100 years! Do you really think the majority of Muslims living in the west for 5 generations will resemble the most fundamentalist muslims from the middle east? I mean, they already don't, but that difference will just increase over time, not decrease.

Last edited:

Sounds like a really weird hypothetical. Why are 80% of Australians converting to any religion given the fastest growing cohort (by far) is the 'not religious' cohort.

There's plenty of people who aren't Muslim that don't support rights for homosexuals or transgender people. Then there was the whole ex-PM is a fundy Christian who tried to ram a bill through legalising discrimination against gay and lesbian students (among others) thing that actually happened.

Seems like a strange exercise to me. I don't think we're in any danger of becoming a Muslim majority nation if you're worried about that. Meanwhile, in the US the Christians are doing a pretty bang-up job of starting to roll back rights for anyone who's not a rich white man.

Perhaps you might like to pick a more realistic topic to discuss?

Sounds like a really weird hypothetical. Why are 80% of Australians converting to any religion given the fastest growing cohort (by far) is the 'not religious' cohort.

There's plenty of people who aren't Muslim that don't support rights for homosexuals or transgender people. Then there was the whole ex-PM is a fundy Christian who tried to ram a bill through legalising discrimination against gay and lesbian students (among others) thing that actually happened.

Seems like a strange exercise to me. I don't think we're in any danger of becoming a Muslim majority nation if you're worried about that. Meanwhile, in the US the Christians are doing a pretty bang-up job of starting to roll back rights for anyone who's not a rich white man.

Perhaps you might like to pick a more realistic topic to discuss?
It was a theoretical idea to get you to start thinking beyond Islam = brown people. I guess it didn't work and Gralin is spouting nonsense about racism despite no mention of brown people.

At least Jazny gets it.

It was a theoretical idea to get you to start thinking beyond Islam = brown people. I guess it didn't work and Gralin is spouting nonsense about racism despite no mention of brown people.

At least Jazny gets it.
what if 80% of the population suddenly became muslim, how scary is that is you spouting great replacement theory whether you're smart enough to realise it or not

the whole point of it is that white christians will no longer be the dominant demographic

At least Jazny gets it.

I think any majority religious country that picks and chooses what religious laws they want to use or not use, and whom they apply to or don't apply to, is problematic. Since in almost every case it's using religion to justify oppressing others, as opposed to it actually being about religion.

I don't think Australia is going to become that, so it's an absurd hypothetical. Like saying 'if 80% of the Australian population were lizard people, what do you think that means for human rights'.

Why shouldn't a rational person be afraid of Islam?

Plenty of Muslims live in Australia without any problems coming of it. Some even play AFL. Probably suggests there’s a bit more nuance to it.
It's not rational to be afraid of a religion unless you believe there is some sort of conspired sudden uprising to come from it, like muslims of islamic faith are zombified and once triggered / instructed will take over our country and force us to live a lifestyle against our will.

No rational person would believe '80% of Australians converted to Islam overnight'. < This is not even remotely realistic of ever happening. Ever.

^ If that did happen, then yep fair enough, you've got reason for fear, even then, it would take the majority to have identical radicalized mind set devoted to the hard-core principles to be a problem. That'd be akin that every Catholic has a penchant to be a pedo, it just ain't true.

This is the fear I don't get, and I don't get why you (usually measured and practical in thought) would even entertain the thought in the first place. Largely based on fear of hypotheticals, just doesn't hold weight.

what if 80% of the population suddenly became muslim, how scary is that is you spouting great replacement theory whether you're smart enough to realise it or not

the whole point of it is that white christians will no longer be the dominant demographic
Perhaps one day you might come to understand the issue isn't about race, it's about ideology.

I doubt it'll be this day however.

Perhaps one day you might come to understand the issue isn't about race, it's about ideology.

I doubt it'll be this day however.
White supremacy is an ideology

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure it is.

If that was your original point then I apologise for missing it.

People aren't born racist, they're made that way, either through indoctrination, or only having highly negative interactions with people from a specific group.
And great replacement theory is white supremacist dogma and it's being spouted here in this thread but you want to claim no racism just ideology

And great replacement theory is white supremacist dogma and it's being spouted here in this thread but you want to claim no racism just ideology
But I'm not claiming GRT, I expressed my thoughts over a clear ridiculous amount of undocumented migrants being let in willy-nilly to Europe and some people in this thread jumped all over it.

If certain people in this thread are desperate to put words in my mouth, then go ahead.

It's complete bullshit that those same people think they know my actual thoughts however.

But I'm not claiming GRT, I expressed my thoughts over a clear ridiculous amount of undocumented migrants being let in willy-nilly to Europe and some people in this thread jumped all over it.

If certain people in this thread are desperate to put words in my mouth, then go ahead.

It's complete bullshit that those same people think they know my actual thoughts however.

If someone is arguing in the vicinity of ‘<insert demographic group coming in to the country> is going to somehow become the majority and the country will suddenly be Muslim’ then it’s certainly GRT adjacent.

It also doesn’t really hold up to facts. Islam isn’t the fastest growing religion, and the fastest growing ‘faith’ is non-religious.

If someone is arguing in the vicinity of ‘<insert demographic group coming in to the country> is going to somehow become the majority and the country will suddenly be Muslim’ then it’s certainly GRT adjacent.

It also doesn’t really hold up to facts. Islam isn’t the fastest growing religion, and the fastest growing ‘faith’ is non-religious.

Nobody's expecting the country to 'suddenly' become Muslim.

When one group of people are actively having less, or no, children, they'll naturally end up being outnumbered by another group that does.

It's just how it is.

When one group of people are actively having less, or no, children, they'll naturally end up being outnumbered by another group that does.

It's just how it is.

Ah, undocumented migrants and breeding. So you're like the Aldi version of Elon Musk?

It's just how it is.
Great theory. What do you think is the cause of this replacement?

It's just how it is.

So....If Muslims are breeding too much, and we assume that part of the problem with man made CO2 emissions is the that the population of the planet is becoming too high, and accept that global warming affects the weather.
We can actually conclude that its Islam's fault that it is raining today.

Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back