Why not have Cheerleaders?

Remove this Banner Ad

Adds nothing to the spectacle or contest unless you're a 13 year old boy who hasn't discovered what the other 95% of the Internet is made up of

Pretty much summed it up :thumbsu:

And unlike those other codes, about 45% of AFL fans are women. There is no attraction to watching them 'perform' in our game.

I went to the North vs Collingwood game yesterday as an observer with a couple of mates and North introduced a new mascot which started dancing. Bit cringeworthy but not the worse I've seen.

Bring in the Cheerleaders I say :thumbsu: Why not have Cheerleaders aswell? Works in NRL and NFL and Basketball. Why not AFL? Didn't Carlton have the Blue girls a few years back?

Also what do you think of the Mascots? I like the retro ones, not this Mascot Manor shit.

I remember seeing a Swan and Bulldog or Demon going head to head in the 80s, good stuff :thumbsu:

You're that bloke who thought kids holding those clapper things was a good idea, aren't you? :thumbsdown:

For those saying it offensive to families, get off your high horse. If you are upset at girls wearing dance outfits I'm guessing you would never take your kids to the beach. (' oh no, women in bikinis! avert your eyes children, the devil takes on many forms!). Even more embarassingly there are dancing guys at some of the games, you can imagine the stick they get...

The difference is women in bikinis at the beach aren't there for your entertainment unless you're perverted, girls clad in minimal clothing shaking their assets like a deprived sex hound, is and will always be a terrible e.g. to your children. "daddy, when I grow up I wanna be lyk dat hot chic wit tha bewbs and gets sleazed on"
"No son."

Because the AFL has more credability then NRL and NFL and from a business perspective it will severely reduce the target market from a generic sense to a predominantly male audience.... and lesbians.

+ It's tacky and degrading

I'll get Funky to come show you what for again.

The difference is women in bikinis at the beach aren't there for your entertainment unless you're perverted

guilty as charged! :p

girls clad in minimal clothing shaking their assets like a deprived sex hound

geez i must be going to the wrong games. the Cronulla cheerleaders just dance like.....dancers. as a paid up member im going to demand more depraved sex hound like entertainment next AGM.

seriously though while i think its tacky, you have to draw a very long and conservative bow to find it depraved. however i'm with you on keeping it out of the AFL, it just looks like an extremely poor man's version of the laker girls/dallas cowgirls.

They have apparently tried this before. The crowd reactions were rather antisocial.

took the filth many years to realise the bluebirds were doing their brand more damage than good. the act itself wasnt the problem, it was the crowd reaction, both those 'providing verbal support' and those who just laughed at the club for supporting such cheap shit.

dont need any cheap gimmicks to stop the crowd falling asleep

that sums it up. these games have regular stoppages for TV, and hence the minimal crowds at the venues supposedly need gap entertainment.

Been to alot of NRL games.......

i think the bay refer to facepalm.jpg for responding to such.

guilty as charged! :p

geez i must be going to the wrong games. the Cronulla cheerleaders just dance like.....dancers. as a paid up member im going to demand more depraved sex hound like entertainment next AGM.

seriously though while i think its tacky, you have to draw a very long and conservative bow to find it depraved. however i'm with you on keeping it out of the AFL, it just looks like an extremely poor man's version of the laker girls/dallas cowgirls.

I've been to one or two manly sea eagles games and while I find competitive cheerleading very entertaining to watch, the stuff at footy games can't really be classified as that so it's merely just a sales gimmick but yes I do agree I may have been guilty of a few hyperboles :p

took the filth many years to realise the bluebirds were doing their brand more damage than good. the act itself wasnt the problem, it was the crowd reaction, both those 'providing verbal support' and those who just laughed at the club for supporting such cheap shit.

that sums it up. these games have regular stoppages for TV, and hence the minimal crowds at the venues supposedly need gap entertainment.

i think the bay refer to facepalm.jpg for responding to such.
Right, yep and why would that be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wait wut.

They should play Rock and Roll by Gary Glitter inbetween plays and have someone pumping up the audience!

Well if cultivating a family friendly image is the idea, you can't go wrong with Gary Glitter...

Well I for one can't see a downside if they are attractive women . However
I would rather have a weekly mud wrestling match between girls representing
opposing teams. This should replace Auskick . Actually perhaps some sort of flavoured jelly would be a better medium. The winning team at the end the year all to be offered fully subsidised breast enlargements and a modeling contract. Competition would be fierce.

From a Sydney-based female perspective, cheerleaders is just another reason to avoid watching NRL.

It's cheap and tacky and would alienate most female fans.

I can't believe somebody actually thinks this is a good idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not have Cheerleaders?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back