Why the hate for Michael Clarke?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pattinson is our best cricketer because he can win matches. Clarke as you say is our best batsman, but he isn't our best cricketer.

I remember when I had my first beer.

I remember when I had my first beer.

Tell me more. Mine was a sip of warm Carlton Light, it was disgusting and I vowed never to drink beer again. I did though many years later.

You cannot be serious.

I am. Pattinson is Australia's best cricketer, he has 14 years of test cricket left with the best ahead him, Clarke has what maybe six, with maybe six months to a year left of his best cricket.

I am. Pattinson is Australia's best cricketer, he has 14 years of test cricket left with the best ahead him, Clarke has what maybe six, with maybe six months to a year left of his best cricket.

How many years of Test cricket they have ahead of each other is completely irrelevant. Clarke is the better cricketer now. To say otherwise is completely and utterly laughable.

How many years of Test cricket they have ahead of each other is completely irrelevant. Clarke is the better cricketer now. To say otherwise is completely and utterly laughable.

No it isn't. You can build great sides around opening batsmen and opening bowlers, good number 4-6's are a dime a dozen.

Irrelevant. The elite opening bowlers are that far ahead of Pattinson.

He is already Australia's best fast bowler, they're not that far ahead.

Clarke is only in the same class as Waugh if he maintains his current level to some degree now as well. In two years he likely to be back averaging mid-40's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is already Australia's best fast bowler, they're not that far ahead.

Clarke is only in the same class as Waugh if he maintains his current level to some degree now as well. In two years he likely to be back averaging mid-40's.

Woah, what? Pattinson is Australia's best fast bowler (after all of 7 Tests), but Clarke's form is a flash in a pan and he's destined to move back to the back? Bull-****ing-shit.

I'm not saying Clarke is at the level of the others I mentioned. Once his career is over, we can make a judgement. But the same logic should apply, and to a MUCH greater extent, to Pattinson.

Woah, what? Pattinson is Australia's best fast bowler (after all of 7 Tests), but Clarke's form is a flash in a pan and he's destined to move back to the back? Bull-*******-shit.

I'm not saying Clarke is at the level of the others I mentioned. Once his career is over, we can make a judgement. But the same logic should apply, and to a MUCH greater extent, to Pattinson.

How does Pattinson not equate to currently being Australia's best fast bowler if Clarke is currently rated Australia's best batsman?

He averages 50 at #6, actually.

No shit.

How does Pattinson not equate to currently being Australia's best fast bowler if Clarke is currently rated Australia's best batsman?

I didn't say he wasn't. I said that if you're going to dismiss Clarke's form, then you should be even more willing to dismiss Pattinson's. I wouldn't dismiss either. Pattinson is our best bowler, though the sample size is small. Siddle could make a claim based on experience, but we'll go with Pattinson. Meanwhile, Clarke is the TOP RATED BATSMAN IN THE WORLD. You simply cannot compare the two. We lost Pattinson, and it sucks. If we lose Clarke, we're absolutely ****ed.

Clarke is good. Get used to it.

I didn't say he wasn't. I said that if you're going to dismiss Clarke's form, then you should be even more willing to dismiss Pattinson's. I wouldn't dismiss either. Pattinson is our best bowler, though the sample size is small. Siddle could make a claim based on experience, but we'll go with Pattinson. Meanwhile, Clarke is the TOP RATED BATSMAN IN THE WORLD. You simply cannot compare the two. We lost Pattinson, and it sucks. If we lose Clarke, we're absolutely screwed.

Clarke is good. Get used to it.

That should read Clarke is the top performing home team batsman in the world. And the only reason we'd be screwed if lost Clarke is because guys like Quiney get hung at 3 and instead of chance at 5 or 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back