Why the hate for Michael Clarke?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Clarke polarised a lot of Cricket fans due to a number of factors.

- He didn't look or act like a true blue Aussie cricketer
- Seemed a smartarse that preferred the spoils
- Couldn't perform coming in at 3 or 4
- Went through a form slump yet somehow kept his place in the side
- Created unnecessary and distracting attention to himself which understandably riled teammates
- Took the moral high ground against some teammates

The problem with this is that when you are playing like crap and keep your place in the side whilst acting like a petulant brown nose you aren't going to win many fans.

To his credit he has matured with the Captaincy gig and focussed on doing what's best for the team , which has brought the best out of him.

Good to see.

Adelaide Hawk is saying those can't at least appreciate Clarke purely from a batting prospective don't really get what cricket is about, and it's hard to argue that is an opinion rather than a fact.

As a cricketing fan/follower I certainly respect what he has achieved with the bat in the past couple years. Whether you like him or not, their is no way you could question his form.

Don't like him because he stiched up an in-form Katich mainly due to a stupid personal grudge, hardly professional and certainly not behaviour any captain should undertake. Don't care how many runs he scores, he's a f***wit.

Don't like him because he stiched up Katich mainly due to a stupid personal grudge, hardly professional and certainly not behaviour any captain should undertake. Don't care how many runs he scores, he's a f***wit.

You mean the aging, perpetually injured Katich who averaged something like 35 in the previous few Tests, and who had earlier physically assaulted Clarke in the dressing rooms because Clarke thought 11 at night was a bit late to sing the team song, and who publically, and specifically, stated that Clarke had nothing to do with his axing (despite pulling no punches when it came to others)?

was that the t20 game where clarke was struggling to give teh fans what they want (big hitting)?
It was when he was coming out to bat in an ODI when Punter was injured and he was given the captaincy even though his form had been pretty poor iirc.

I feel the only way Clarke will ever win over 100% of the public is to walk away from England holding the ashes.

I feel the only way Clarke will ever win over 100% of the public is to walk away from England holding the ashes.
It'll never be 100%, but if he walks away from England with the Ashes having performed well (not necessarily current well) and then keeps them on home soil doing the same he will win everyone he is going to.

Crocodile tears today Michael. Should have let Ricky have his moment. Some can see straight through you Michael, unfortunately the majority just lap it up.
He was getting emotional over the fact he'll soon be a real possiblity of batting higher up the order. (Like he should!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was getting emotional over the fact he'll soon be a real possiblity of batting higher up the order. (Like he should!)
Like he did against England? What was his average that series? mid 20s? One of the memories that will stick with me from that awful Adelaide Oval test was him coming out to bad at 2/0 and getting 2 with the ball swinging, playing his normal style - bat away from the body, chasing the ball.

I thought everyone including myself had gotten over Their hatred of Clarke.
He ain't dating Bingle any more.
His scoring runs.
Sole focus seems to be his cricket and putting Australia 1st.
Matured
He has come a long way since the days of being a pretty boy and not earning his spot.

Stuff all, but it was still 9.4 overs in and 12.6 overs in. 20.6 overs in the second innings in Adelaide too.

10 overs takes a fair bit of shine off the new ball.

Sure, but they cant exactly be classed as 'cheap runs' can they?

Guess it depends how passionately one hates the guy

Ah, if it is not so hard, why is he still at 5?

Because he's our best cricketer and he plays his best cricket there?!

Seriously?

tViDv.jpg

Nar, he isn't our best cricketer. Our best cricketer is injured.

Haha now you're just taking the piss, I assume you mean Patto, are you suggesting he should bat at 3?

Clarke is the best batsman we have, you play your best where they can do their best.

Its not difficult, unless rage clouds your vision that is.

Haha now you're just taking the piss, I assume you mean Patto, are you suggesting he should bat at 3?

Clarke is the best batsman we have, you play your best where they can do their best.

Its not difficult, unless rage clouds your vision that is.

Pattinson is our best cricketer because he can win matches. Clarke as you say is our best batsman, but he isn't our best cricketer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back