Why we can beat Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Rioli is a forwardline little pest and the only thing he has going for him is speed, Hill on the other hand is younger than Rioli, twice as strong even for a 2nd year player, can take HUGE marks, kick goals out of his arse (like rioli) can kick goals from OUTSIDE of 50 metres from few steps, has unbelievable pace, height and endurance and i could just go on and on and on...

Hill also has much superior disposal to Rioli, who can be incredibly erratic especially when kicking to a leading foward.

Peter Bell

Oh wait, nevermind he's retired

Hahaha, he was a good player, I agree.

"I don't know who 'Fremanlte' is but here at Fremantle we have Clancee Pearce who is part Indian"

Surely you recognised that was a typo? And doesn't predictive text come up with what has been entered the most times? It didn't work for me...

Because we will line their changerooms with vials of GHB.

Those drug ****ed pussys wont be able to resist. :)

Careful - Michael Johnson might just sneak in early and make a small fortune :thumbsu:

Good to see some healthy rivalry and some niggle between the hawks and freo fans - something not seen before between the two?
I think mainly because your purple warriors have been the most laughed at side over the last 15 years, don't expect this to cease come saturday arvo either :p

Careful - Michael Johnson might just sneak in early and make a small fortune :thumbsu:

Good to see some healthy rivalry and some niggle between the hawks and freo fans - something not seen before between the two?
I think mainly because your purple warriors have been the most laughed at side over the last 15 years, don't expect this to cease come saturday arvo either :p

I'm not so sure about that ! And the poo's & wee's drug indiscretions are a bit more pronounced than Johnno.
At least he served a sentence, Jordan on the other hand ?:eek:

Rioli is a forwardline little pest and the only thing he has going for him is speed, Hill on the other hand is younger than Rioli, twice as strong even for a 2nd year player, can take HUGE marks, kick goals out of his arse (like rioli) can kick goals from OUTSIDE of 50 metres from few steps, has unbelievable pace, height and endurance and i could just go on and on and on...

I was just reading the posts and having a chuckle at the reasons and while i think stephen hill is a prodigious talent. Deadset, Dockerdazzlers you are having a laugh - facts:

Rioli: 19 games
average 10.4 kicks 7.4 handballs 17.8 disposals 4.1 marks 5.1 tackles 1.4 goals
Hill: 21 games
average 8.8 kicks 8.6 handballs 17.3 disposals 2.5 marks 2.8 tackles 0.9 goals

(Statistics courtesy of finalsiren.com)
http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=2010&SelectedPlayers=1902,1809,&Compare=Go

I would pay particular attention to the marks and tackles. Not bad for a forward line pest who only has speed on his side.

You're right about the height though....:thumbsu:

I was just reading the posts and having a chuckle at the reasons and while i think stephen hill is a prodigious talent. Deadset, Dockerdazzlers you are having a laugh - facts:

Rioli: 19 games
average 10.4 kicks 7.4 handballs 17.8 disposals 4.1 marks 5.1 tackles 1.4 goals
Hill: 21 games
average 8.8 kicks 8.6 handballs 17.3 disposals 2.5 marks 2.8 tackles 0.9 goals

(Statistics courtesy of finalsiren.com)
http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=2010&SelectedPlayers=1902,1809,&Compare=Go

I would pay particular attention to the marks and tackles. Not bad for a forward line pest who only has speed on his side.

You're right about the height though....:thumbsu:

Can't compare directly. Hill plays all over the ground, don't see rioli down back to much and he is no where the I50 kick Hill is

The only thing Rioli has going for him is pace???

Twice as strong???

All aboard the delusion bus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaron Sandilands.
Hodge246a.jpg

Hawthorn have an underlying drug culture affecting several players, that we know of, Tuck's pissy little overdose will be affecting the whole side with players sweating knowing the heat will come.

We also have Pavlich.

Here some reasons why we can really beat Hawthorn:

1) We have had an 8 day break to recover from last Fridays game; whereas Hawthorn have had a day less and have to travel
2) 10-12 of our players in this weekends game will have been in Perth for 4+ weeks so they will be fresh as anything
3) Sandilands is in this time and will really dominate the ruck
4) We have a lot of run and carry - whereas Hawthorn are a slower team by comparison - and we can run them off the field
5) There is more space at Subiaco in comparison to Launceston - where we were comprehensively beaten 2 weeks ago
6) Those players who played in Launceston AND last friday's game had telling signs of fatigue in the last quarter and will have overcome that by the time Saturday comes around
7) Hawthorn will have a lot of uncertainty over the ability as we're a totally different team to the one they faced two weeks ago - which gives us almost an element of surprise
8) We have Stephen Hill - they don't
9) Our squad will be the closest it has been to 100% in a long time - with the obvious exception of Barlow, Ballantyne (who was nowhere near his best on friday night FWIW) and Tarrant
10) We will have 3 taggers to take their mids - as well as have the option of throwing them forward (Crowley, MDB, McPhee can all kick goals - the likely option will by Crowley up forward)

Feel free to ad more :D

Edit:

11) We will have 36000+ Purple Army
12) Our home record - we have only lost 3 games at home - 2 were games against 2 of the top 3 and the other was a game where we were missing Sandilands
13) Hawthorns interstate record isn't one they're too proud of - have not won outside of Victoria/Tasmania in 2010
14) Pavlich will really fire up for this game

Cheers for the additions guys :)

tl;dr

Sandilands undoubtedly will win the hitouts - but through his dominance Freo only average 1 more clearance than Hawthorn with our "sub-standard" rucks this year. Will certainly be interesting to see if the likes of Burgoyne, Mitchell, Sewell etc can shark his taps and win the clearance.

Because im going to the game. I dont wish to toot my own horn, but i think im a good luck charm to Freo :)
Im a relatively new fan, (this is my second season) and ive managed to see them in Subi 5 times, every time they've won. Including the Geelong game earlier this year :cool:

That and we have Sandilands :thumbsu:

Sandilands undoubtedly will win the hitouts - but through his dominance Freo only average 1 more clearance than Hawthorn with our "sub-standard" rucks this year. Will certainly be interesting to see if the likes of Burgoyne, Mitchell, Sewell etc can shark his taps and win the clearance.

the game will be won or lost from the feet of sandilands. neither side has a dominant defence. i'd expect pav to play more of a midfield role because we lack the big bodies. michael johnson will be important for freo, he was very good in the second half of last week with his hustle in defence.

win or lose, what i'm most interested in seeing is who on the freo list will step up under the pressure of finals. who will turn into leon davis and not show up, and who will forge their mettle in the fire of finals. then we'll really know how we'll go during this mark harvey led era.

Also, I think it's worth mentioning Calrton exposing our defence in the last quarter

I don't believe this will be an issue as I can attribute that to the fact that our whole back six had come from a 6 day break and were undoubtedly fatigued by the last quarter

Before that our back six were close to our best six on the ground - Grover, Elvis, Broughton, Duffield, Ibbotson etc. were all doing very well up until they got a bit tired

I expect them to be fully recoverred for Saturday and play 100% for the whole game

Also

Sandilands, Hill, Pavlich > Hodge, Franklin, Rioli

Pavlich can play midfield and set up goals; Fraklin cannot

Remove this Banner Ad

Why we can beat Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back