Current Wiembilla Shootings * Coronial Inquiry

Remove this Banner Ad

To expand on what you're saying.. Police were there for a missing person enquiry only. So we've heard to date anyway.

However have the brothers done something more sinister over the past day/week/month/whatever to anticipate the police were there for more than a missing person enquiry, and actually wanted to arrest them for whatever that sinister act might be? So they're going down fighting thinking the police are onto them.

The alternative of them deliberately coaxing them to the property, waiting and ambushing random officers that turn up seems so far fetched from what we see in Australia. It's mind boggling. I know police have died while on duty but when was the last time here to in Oz that they were specifically targeted in a premeditated nature? Decades?

Also with the 4 officers arriving, they were from 2 different stations/towns. Whats protocol with newer officers? Do they provide backup until they find their feet a little across a broad range of callouts? Or are they just thrown in the deep end?

Yes, it seemed that they were prepared to kill and die over something. Surely not a simple inquiry by Police. There is something we don't know, nor do I think that the Police officers who went there knew.

If they had scanners they would've been well forewarned that police were on the way.
Aren't Police comms encrypted nowadays in ways that only military/intel grade scanners can intercept Police comms?

Some of the s**t the media is reported certainly has holes in it and isn't a true factual account of events one must assume.

Having a front gate locked rules out a premeditated trap, which one wonders why they were prepared for the police to enter the property.

"Witnesses" report seeing the two slain officers being executed in cold blood by people in warfare camo and taking their guns. One can only assume this is one or both of the two surviving officers, but by then it would be assumed that the female officer had fled into the bushes and her male partner has fled in their police car, leaving his partner stranded, yet some reports are that they were both in the bush somewhere.

And no shots fired by the surviving police officers during this time just watching on?

And you wonder why conspiracy theorists run rampant.
The surviving female was only in the job 8 weeks.! The surviving male officer was shot in the leg. Also it sounds like they didn't even know exactly where the shots were coming from? To expect them to stand up and shoot back in the spur of the moment whilst convinced they were going to die is a little harsh to suggest IMO.

Interestingly the media is hellbent on blaming Nathaniel and he appears to be the lone killer in terms of media focus whereas Gareth and his wife Stacey seem to have escaped the focus, not even a photo of either? We don't know who carried out the execution killings of the 3 dead , who pulled the trigger but meanwhile Nathaniel gets all the focus.

Some of the s**t the media is reported certainly has holes in it and isn't a true factual account of events one must assume.

Having a front gate locked rules out a premeditated trap, which one wonders why they were prepared for the police to enter the property.

"Witnesses" report seeing the two slain officers being executed in cold blood by people in warfare camo and taking their guns. One can only assume this is one or both of the two surviving officers, but by then it would be assumed that the female officer had fled into the bushes and her male partner has fled in their police car, leaving his partner stranded, yet some reports are that they were both in the bush somewhere.

And no shots fired by the surviving police officers during this time just watching on?

If it was premeditated & setup, the locked gate gets the police away from the safety of their cars.

And as you say, reports are sketchy from the media, but one has the surviving male officer not even over the gate yet by the time shots started, so he hightailed back into the car.

If they had scanners they would've been well forewarned that police were on the way.
Do QPS comms go over UHF channels?

'Wieambilla shooting: property owner Gareth Train posted regularly on conspiracy website before police killed'

'Tue 13 Dec 2022 12.34 AEDT'

'He said in one recent post he had been “ark homesteading for the past five years preparing to survive tomorrow”.

“When it becomes clear that we are in a time like no other and you head out into the wilderness to escape persecution, know that my wife and I will offer refuge to all brothers and sisters,” he posted.

I will be scanning the UHF channels when that times comes.”'

Might be nothing more than illegal weapons for them and possibly others.

Lots of weapons and ammo stored on the property according to the QLD PC.

'The Queensland police commissioner, Katarina Carroll, on Tuesday said there had been “a lot of ammunition and weaponry” at the property, at Wieambilla in the Western Downs, and that the killed officers “did not stand a chance”.'

Aren't Police comms encrypted nowadays in ways that only military/intel grade scanners can intercept Police comms?
Sure,but for a routine missing person check,no need to be on an encrypted channel.
Loads of apps you can download.
Also if you can get your hands on illegal military grade weapons you can get your hands on a good scanner.

Sure,but for a routine missing person check,no need to be on an encrypted channel.
Loads of apps you can download.
Also if you can get your hands on illegal military grade weapons you can get your hands on a good scanner.
You can have the best scanner out there. If you don't have the encryption key you won't hear anything

From the below 7News vid.

• no firearms registered to the address
  • no Police intel suggesting anything like this could happen
  • Stacey was a guidance counsellor and in a relationship with both Nathaniel and Gareth, Police believe
  • all 4 Police at the property were wearing body cams (the images are disturbing)

Last edited:
Interestingly the media is hellbent on blaming Nathaniel and he appears to be the lone killer in terms of media focus whereas Gareth and his wife Stacey seem to have escaped the focus, not even a photo of either?

Here's some more info on Gareth and Stacey.
But no pics of either of them appear to have emerged in public yet.

'Australian police examine conspiracy theories behind shooting deaths of two officers and four others'

'Tue 13 Dec 2022 21.40 AEDT'

'Gareth Train’s online posts – now deleted by the particular site – contain fragments of an origin story. He explains he grew up in Sydney and worked as a stockman and farmhand, and then later for the Queensland child protection and education departments.'

'he was convinced his online posts were being placed in an “intelligence file” by the spy agency the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation.
But police were largely unaware of his online activity '

'Few details have emerged about Stacey Train, Gareth’s wife. Documents show she and her husband jointly owned the property at Wieambilla, and that she had been the head of curriculum at the Tara Shire state college until the last couple of years.'
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...aniel-train-when-wieambilla-shooting-occurred
'It is unclear what involvement Stacey had in the shooting, but Carroll said all three were suspects. Police sources also say that Gareth and Nathaniel were wearing camouflage gear and ambushed the arriving police officers.'

'Gareth’s posts online speak about previously directing police to leave his premises and “to remove their hands from their weapons or pull their pistols and whistle Dixie”.'

Fj00U06VEAA85km

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True,but to me it seems they knew they were coming,just wondering how.

Not sure if they had phone signal there but someone from the family may have left messages to the effect of 'If you don't call me back by tomorrow I'm calling the police to do a welfare check' and/or the police have left a message.

I saw reports that the female police officer was frantically texting her family before she got out safely, whether or not those texts were delivered straight away wasn't stated.

Maybe the standard QPS welfare checks, usually only assess the risks of the person they are checking up on (Nathaniel), and not all of the other people that could possibly be at the property they have been asked to check (like the owners of that property - Gareth and Stacey)?

Here's some more info on Gareth and Stacey.
But no pics of either of them appear to have emerged in public yet.

'Australian police examine conspiracy theories behind shooting deaths of two officers and four others'

'Tue 13 Dec 2022 21.40 AEDT'

'Gareth Train’s online posts – now deleted by the particular site – contain fragments of an origin story. He explains he grew up in Sydney and worked as a stockman and farmhand, and then later for the Queensland child protection and education departments.'

'he was convinced his online posts were being placed in an “intelligence file” by the spy agency the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation.
But police were largely unaware of his online activity '

'Few details have emerged about Stacey Train, Gareth’s wife. Documents show she and her husband jointly owned the property at Wieambilla, and that she had been the head of curriculum at the Tara Shire state college until the last couple of years.'
Queensland police were searching for missing school principal Nathaniel Train when Wieambilla shooting occurred
'It is unclear what involvement Stacey had in the shooting, but Carroll said all three were suspects. Police sources also say that Gareth and Nathaniel were wearing camouflage gear and ambushed the arriving police officers.'

'Gareth’s posts online speak about previously directing police to leave his premises and “to remove their hands from their weapons or pull their pistols and whistle Dixie”.'

Fj00U06VEAA85km

Gareth thought previous cops were cowards for not engaging in a gunfight with him previously. Sounds like a real hard arse.

And I agree with whoever it was that said having the locked gate was a perfect way to seperate the police officers from their vehicles. It really does feel like a set up and have to wonder if anyone else assisted them in this.

Sure, but why would he be difficult about Police wanting to ask if he knew his brother's whereabouts?

OK, let's say the Police knew the brother was living there (even though I read that the place had been empty up until a short while ago), so were they expecting to find two difficult people? Were they intending to question them about something and potentially arrest one or both about another matter (that is, something other than the missing person's report)?

There has to be some reason they were expecting the Police and were ready for them. I'm thinking that they had been tipped off that the Police were coming.

I guess we will find out in due course. Or not.

Or their family in nsw tipped them off that they had asked police to look for them in qld?

You’re got **** all chance if you’ve only got a police issue handgun against long arms - particularly when these animals would have had a scope on their rifles, were likely initially firing from behind cover and also had a large amount of ammunition. I imagine the surviving officers would have had their gun at hand in case the killers came close otherwise firing from a distance is not only hopeless, it would have identified to the killers the whereabouts as to where the police were hiding. Reckon the union should be all over this - reads like none of the older police wanted to know about it and sent a mob of junior officers there. 4 police don’t usually turn up to a routine check. I know they couldn’t have expected something like this but it is odd.

Conspiracy theorists are ****ing morons.
They are rampant because certain media (Murdoch and Facebook) take advantage of these mindless idiots.
Execution of the two police officers was only confirmed after the recovery of their bodies.
Entry wounds would have been examined, whether they were from a distance or close.
As for the two surviving police officers who hid and didn't engage the criminals, try putting yourself in their situation.
Die in a shootout or survive and bring in reinforcements to kill those ****ers?
In my mind, the decision is easy.

True,but to me it seems they knew they were coming,just wondering how.
Reckon they set it up. Elaborate plan to tip of NSW police that Nathaniel was in the area knowing that NSW police would ask their QLD colleagues to go check it out. Then just sat and waited.

Also as noted in another post, gate was locked to ensure they exited their vehicles. Gates on rural properties are usually only locked when no one is there. You don’t normally lock yourself in.

Do we know how many vehicles the police were in? I'm seeing on Wiki that two officers were from Tara and two from Chinchilla. If in the one vehicle it might have been a situation where two were being dropped back to their station and Wieambilla was on the way?

Do we know how many vehicles the police were in? I'm seeing on Wiki that two officers were from Tara and two from Chinchilla. If in the one vehicle it might have been a situation where two were being dropped back to their station and Wieambilla was on the way?
It seems to me irrelevant how many police cars were initially there or whether they were being dropped back to another police station.
It was known that the ****wit was unhinged with regards to police.

Reckon they set it up. Elaborate plan to tip of NSW police that Nathaniel was in the area knowing that NSW police would ask their QLD colleagues to go check it out. Then just sat and waited.

Also as noted in another post, gate was locked to ensure they exited their vehicles. Gates on rural properties are usually only locked when no one is there. You don’t normally lock yourself in.
Gates are always locked. If you had ever lived in the country you'd have known that.

It seems to me irrelevant how many police cars were initially there or whether they were being dropped back to another police station.
It was known that the ******* was unhinged with regards to police.

If it was known someone on that property was anti-police then yeh I understand why four cops attended. I was of the understanding it was a routine welfare check with no background.

If it was known someone on that property was anti-police then yeh I understand why four cops attended. I was of the understanding it was a routine welfare check with no background.
That's because you're mistaken.
His attitude to police was well documented. He was a ****ing nutcase.
Do some research before commenting is my advice to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Wiembilla Shootings * Coronial Inquiry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back