Will Brodie Smith end up being better than Danger and Sloane?

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved Smith's game today. Loved his long bomb..and the fact that he can hoof a ball, but I reckon he might have got an ear full the second time he ran to the fifty and bombed another one when he prolly shooda passed it off. But everybody shoooooosh, he's flown under most opposition teams' radar and is always damaging.

I like it!

Brodie Smith is a beauty, really only his first full season of AFL.
Of course he is going to make mistakes with his ball use and decision making, its all part of a young player learning the game and getting comfortable at this level.
Really hard to judge how good a player is going to be,always thought they need about 50 games under their belt before they are generally at home in a team and start to completely gel with their team mates.There are always exceptions but its a guide and if a player can make 50 games then they'll most probably stay in the team.

It's been said before but what's not to like about Smith. Got a kick on him like a mule,genuine pace and I mean line breaking pace just wait till he gets confident enough to continually use it again and again.
Good size so he can stand smalls and fairly tall players and so has a 50/50 chance in a one on one in the air.
He has the ability to close down a player or get to a loose man quickly because of his speed and his most important attribute.... he is disciplined.
Brodie actually checks his man very closely and is aware of his opponents position on the field. He rarely looses his man in general play. Smith to me is nearly the complete team mate. He helps out in a contest, takes on the game and covers his team mates players when they are involved in the game.
Our team looks so much better when he is back there. Draft Paul Marschall and we can free up Brodie even more.

Sloane is every bit as good as Smith and tough to boot.

Dangerfield is Danger what more is there to say!

Exactly!! :thumbsu:

IMO Dangerfield is well on his way to being the best player in the AFL.

In the next year or so Dangerfield will be in the top 5 players in the competition. He and Cotchin are the best two young midfielders going around, although I think Dangerfield is the better player. Both are in and under machines, but Danger is a better outside player than Cotchin and a better kick for goal.

Its going to be a pleasure watching this kid for at least the next 3 years. Would love to see us go to the Adelaide Oval in 2014 with danger as a captain.

With a nucleus of Walker, Danger, Crouch, Sloane, jacobs and Talia alot would have to go wrong for us to not win a premiership in the next 5 years. Happy Days.

In the next year or so Dangerfield will be in the top 5 players in the competition. He and Cotchin are the best two young midfielders going around, although I think Dangerfield is the better player. Both are in and under machines, but Danger is a better outside player than Cotchin and a better kick for goal.

Its going to be a pleasure watching this kid for at least the next 3 years. Would love to see us go to the Adelaide Oval in 2014 with danger as a captain.

With a nucleus of Walker, Danger, Crouch, Sloane, jacobs and Talia alot would have to go wrong for us to not win a premiership in the next 5 years. Happy Days.
Whilst agree with your views a couple of my extra thoughts are that you rate Danger better outside player than Cotchin whilst currently dont agree think this year improved as outside and hopefully will become better.
But will win a Brownlow
Having seen Crouch play 2-3 times for Bloods I am excited as anyone but feel he might not have a massive impact as posters think and most of his work I have seen is in close and getting out into open .
Believe left out one player who I think will be a star is Shaw as this guy oozes class and has speed .
Lyons and Brown have that something to be another two that could become key players in next few years .

I agree Danger is well on his way to being the best player in the competition and is well ahead of Brodie Smith now. But Danger is two more years in the system ahead of Brodie Smith (and as we know Danger improved a lot in that time).

What I am saying is, in two more years time, dont be suprised at all, if Brodie Smith is almost where Danger is at right now, sort of halfway between Danger and Sloane currently. As in the OP, I listed Smith's level versus Danger's key attributes and in two of the four its possible that Smith will come out in front. We may be blessed to have two Danger's in two years time!

We'll have to wait patiently for a while, but if I'm around I'll bump this thread and see how close the estimation was.

Whilst agree with your views a couple of my extra thoughts are that you rate Danger better outside player than Cotchin whilst currently dont agree think this year improved as outside and hopefully will become better.
But will win a Brownlow
Having seen Crouch play 2-3 times for Bloods I am excited as anyone but feel he might not have a massive impact as posters think and most of his work I have seen is in close and getting out into open .
Believe left out one player who I think will be a star is Shaw as this guy oozes class and has speed .
Lyons and Brown have that something to be another two that could become key players in next few years .

yeah you're right on Shaw. I just looked at AFC website and was surprised to see he is 194cm. I didn't realise he was that tall. That's genuine kpp height.

Another who I think could quite possibly be a really good player is Lyons. Haven't seen much of him but the little bits I have seen I really liked. Gets his own ball, has good skills and looks really composed in traffic, normally the signs of good player.

No. Smith will become a great 200+ game player for us but I don't the will surpass either Dangerfield or Sloane. Danger has the ability to become the GOAT and Sloane will be a Hall of Famer in his own right. Hopefully Smith gets to spend more time in the midfield at some stage because that's where I can see him playing his dominant best.

Big call.

I have liked him as a potential mid since early on last year.

We have a really good midfield/Flanker set up of u/23s coming through in Danger, Slaone, Wright, Riley, Smith, Petrenko these are the known quantities, there are also Crouch and Kerridge getting good SANFL time this year.

Will Hendo be better than Tippet is my big question.

Different players...I'm a huge wrap for Hendo but u can't compare the two...Hendo doesn't play in ruck and isn't big enough to be a pack mark full forward type

Smith better than Danger? stay off the crack brother...don't think he'll be better than Rory either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree Macca. I have never been this excited about a player before. I have not seen a player like him in the past. We are very fortunate to have the opportunity to see this guys career unfold.

Most of us never saw Bradman or Phar Lap, but we will see Dangerfield.;)

I think it could be argued that along with Ablett he's already the best player in the comp....Only Ablett and Danger can literally pick up their teams and put them on their back and win games...he grabs the ball in a pack of players busts tackles then kicks a goal from 50+ metres out...amazing stuff

I think it could be argued that along with Ablett he's already the best player in the comp....Only Ablett and Danger can literally pick up their teams and put them on their back and win games...he grabs the ball in a pack of players busts tackles then kicks a goal from 50+ metres out...amazing stuff
This is what puts him ahead of Cotchin.

A big Finals series will put Patty into another level. He played well in the 2009 Finals as well. Is a big game player.

Big call.

I have liked him as a potential mid since early on last year.

We have a really good midfield/Flanker set up of u/23s coming through in Danger, Slaone, Wright, Riley, Smith, Petrenko these are the known quantities, there are also Crouch and Kerridge getting good SANFL time this year.

+ Lyons

It's hard not to get mildly erect when Brodie has the pill. He's probably our Joel Corey/Corey Enright... Will never get the accolades nationally but may win a B&F or two. So good! Who cares if he is behind Dangerfield or Sloane for publicity, let him do his thing and he will beat everyone he plays on. :)

Best 22 for me everyday of the week.

I'd rate Dayne Beams up there too with Cotchin and Danger. All probably about the same output at this stage in their careers

These 3 may be the next discussion after "who's better, Voss, Buckley or Hird" (people tend to forget Roo for some reason)

IMO Dangerfield is already a top-5 AFL player - certainly top-10. Not many players I would swap him for! He is already the Crows biggest game breaker & will be (injury-free) for a long while.

I'm liking the consistency Smith has added to his game since being dropped earlier in the year. I see him more in the Tyson Edwards mould - don't think he will be a gun like Danger - but is going to be damn handy long-term player.

Sloane & Smith are likely to be around the same in terms of ability or importance, but they play different types of roles.

Future does look bright :)

Hes going to be very good.

Another pre season and I think he may overtake Sloane, though Sloane is exceptional at stoppages (last few weeks excepted).

Kick wise he's better than Danger but no one is as damaging as Danger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Brodie Smith end up being better than Danger and Sloane?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back