Will Brodie Smith end up being better than Danger and Sloane?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd rate Dayne Beams up there too with Cotchin and Danger. All probably about the same output at this stage in their careers

These 3 may be the next discussion after "who's better, Voss, Buckley or Hird" (people tend to forget Roo for some reason)
I always hate the "Voss, Buckley or Hird" debates when Roo was arguably better than all 3 of them!

We could compare these three guys to Geelong's three, back in '07.

In my opinion, Danger will be our Ablett, Sloane will be our Bartel, and Smith will be our Corey. Crouch will be our J.Selwood. That is a ****ing good midfield! Let's not forget Matty Wright, Thommo etc etc. Good times ahead, good times! :)

We could compare these three guys to Geelong's three, back in '07.

In my opinion, Danger will be our Ablett, Sloane will be our Bartel, and Smith will be our Corey. Crouch will be our J.Selwood. That is a ******* good midfield! Let's not forget Matty Wright, Thommo etc etc. Good times ahead, good times! :)

So he'll piss off to the new Tasmanian expansion team?;)

(Not that they will ever get a team)

Quite simply I think no. May be better than Sloane however as he has the tools. Our midfield once Thompson retires (unfortunately has to happen one day)

C: Smith Crouch Wright
R: Jacobs Sloane Dangerfield

ncpda.gif

I think its a pretty big call to say Brodie Smith will exceed Danger or Sloane but he's been excellent since returning from being dropped earlier in the year. He's got speed, intensity and can kick the ball beautifully. Really hope we keep pumping games into him because he'l be a very useful player.

Everyone keeps mentioning Danger and Cotchin as the young guns.....Toby Greene in his 1st year has shown more than both in their 1st year. Boy would I love to get him at the Crows!!

Everyone keeps mentioning Danger and Cotchin as the young guns.....Toby Greene in his 1st year has shown more than both in their 1st year. Boy would I love to get him at the Crows!!
I also love Greene but he doesn't have Danger's intangibles. Could see him being as good as Cotchin though (i.e. geniune elite).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So did Rhys Palmer!

My god we will have a good midfield for years to come.

Hell, we still have Thommo, Wright, VB, Douglas, Lyons, Martin, Brown, Kerridge, Riley and Grigg to add to Smith, Danger, Sloane, Crouch.

My god.
efa:thumbsu:

Serious depth is serious

I must try and find out who questioned my judgement earlier in the season when I complained about him being dropped.
It was probably me.
I called for him to be dropped a week or two before it happened, in fact. I'm glad we did. He clearly needed a spell, and I think it's reasonable to believe he benefitted from it. His first half of the season was good but he had a few mediocre games in a row, whereas his second half has been great.

Anyway, I reckon he could definitely match, or even surpass Sloane. I think we almost all agree he'll never reach the level that Danger will.

Kouta doesn't belong near that conversation. He wasn't amongst the best for the majority of his career

When Kouta was up and going, he was arguably the best of the lot. Was never the same after doing his knee.

When Kouta was up and going, he was arguably the best of the lot. Was never the same after doing his knee.
Yes but his overall career was nowhere near the others. Its a bit like saying that if Dangerfield got an injury now and he was never the same again, you could compare him to the others. You couldnt. Hes gotta keep up this form for many years to be considered a great like the others mentioned.

Brodie's an interesting prospect, people keep throwing names like Corey and Enright around from Geelong, personally I think his career will follow a similar path to that of Simon Goodwins. He has started his career as a long kicking skinny flanker, who whilst playing well enough to play the majority of his first 2 years in the AFL, hasn't exactly set the world on fire. However he has slowly improved across those 2 years.

Similar to Goodwin, I think he's really just in a holding pattern whilst he builds up the body size to be a bona fide midfielder, once he does this, I think we'll truly see the ability this kid has. Unlike popular belief, he is not a natural outside player, he was a clearance machine at underage level and if you watch his work, as rarer occurrence as it may be, around the stoppages it is clearly where he is most comfortable.

Going by his figures on afc.com.au, he's still probably 10kg's off of his ideal playing weight, especially as a midfielder. His ability to adapt as a flanker only goes to show his natural footballing ability. In 2 years time, I very much see him being the Simon Goodwin to Patty Dangerfield's Ricciuto, Sloane's McLeod. (oh and Wright's Edwards, Kerridge's Thommo, Crouch's Joel Selwood and Lyon's Murphy ;) )

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Brodie Smith end up being better than Danger and Sloane?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back