Will Brodie Smith end up being better than Danger and Sloane?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think so. Danger obviously not and i think people are forgetting just hire good Sloane was before his recent form slump. Sloane will continue to get better no doubt.

I still rate Smith quite highly. He really looks like a talented midfielder playing in a positron not natural to him. You can actually see the improvement in his role week to week as well as glimpses of his natural game (run and carry, long kicking). This learning curve will do him good. from what I've seen I think he has the ability to become A grade.

Everyone was saying we got a really good pick up at 14 with Smith. I think he was so under rated, and went under the radar due to Polec and Day being the hot topic around draft time, that everyone just overlooked him except for the people in his home state. I have no hesitation in saying Port would've got him at 16 if given the chance. Has all the attributes to be a star, just needs the body, and he already has the right game style, whilst players like Polec are pure outside players. Huuuge steal.

I remember talking a while back with my mate who seems to be a good judge of cattle ( he freaking flipped when we traded for Tambling). He didn't think Polec was the better of the two and judging by Smiths superboot, is it not about time we fashioned him into the forward of centre mid we all drooled over Knights playing in 2009

I know everyone has already said it but no.

Dangerfield is going to be the competitions best player.
I say Tippett can get stuffed, give the Toyota deal to our best player , best team player, future captain...
It is wasted on Tippett

Really pleasing to see him stand up in what was otherwise a shit game. Not just involved in most of our good plays today, but was the instigator.

Smith was very good today, but to try and compare a running half back to a in and under midfielder is unfair. If Dangerfield and Smith switched places things may have been completely different. Sloane also lifted in the second half. Looked classy in tight situations. Our other players just falied to give him genuine options.

Majority of forward 50 entries were just bombs which Richards, LRT and Johnson had pleasure in spoiling. Makes me think Smith needs to be further up the ground delivering bullets like the one onto Johncocks chest in the last quarter from the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie Smith's kicking is poetry in motion... Sadly, hardly any of his teammates stood up to give him up the field options.
Don't know what poetry you've been reading. He is a great kid that is effective with his disposals but his kicking action is feral. It gets the job done though.

Don't know what poetry you've been reading. He is a great kid that is effective with his disposals but his kicking action is feral. It gets the job done though.
I meant his kicking penetration and preciseness... Not the action, hell no! But it is reminiscent of a right-footed Matthew Suckling.

Majority of forward 50 entries were just bombs which Richards, LRT and Johnson had pleasure in spoiling. Makes me think Smith needs to be further up the ground delivering bullets like the one onto Johncocks chest in the last quarter from the wing.

Has some merit.

Smith is going to be very good - always seems to have a little bit of time, and shows a lot of poise under pressure.

Poise under pressure should be at the top of the 'desired attributes' chart of potential draftees.

Was looking for this thread to bump!!!! DAMN he was good... my prediction is better than Sloane however as said before Danger will be in the top 3 competing with Cotchin and another (possibly Beams). He is a great pick up and GUESS WHAT BOOOOOIIIIS... HE'S FROM SA... The only chance we have of losing him is 2 PA and like thats gonna happen.

I have always thought that he was as good as Polec from his draft year. Tonight he proved me wrong. He the is significantly better player of the two. A massive steal at Pick 14. Imagine how good he could be if he was actually allowed to play in the midfield.

I have always thought that he was as good as Polec from his draft year. Tonight he proved me wrong. He the is significantly better player of the two. A massive steal at Pick 14. Imagine how good he could be if he was actually allowed to play in the midfield.

He's no where near as good lookin as Danger but damn I'd still let him in the bed with both of us :D

What a ripper match from him tonight :thumbsu: He's stood up beautifully this finals series, probably the only youngster who can hold his head up high after both matches.

Is serving a very nice apprenticeship down back and will become a great midfielder in his prime :thumbsu:
His is so poised and calm with his disposals, a massive bonus for a youngster!

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Brodie Smith end up being better than Danger and Sloane?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back