Will Brown, Dawes and Reid?

Remove this Banner Ad

I would expect Reid to play around 10 games, maybe a few more.

Dawes to maybe debut and play a couple, and Brown to do the same.

Brown come in half way through the year and get a couple of games. He showed solid form las year but nothing spectacular. We should hope for a bit more consistency from him, but hopefully he will debut atleast

Dawes will be the big Unknown, I have big raps for this kid. He could go either way, fall right off the map or be in the team withing the first 5-6 weeks of the season. Big lump of a lad but should atleast debut i would say

And Reid should look to settle his place in the side. anywhere from 12-17 games is a success in my view for him.

All look to be very promising at this stage of their young careers. Reid looks to have the most 'upside' of the three. Brown looks to be a good fb for years to come and the one most likely to suceed and with Dawes being the most physically developed of the three, looks the one who could come from nowhere and boot 60 goals a year for 10 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't get at least semi-regular Ones football out of top-10 draft picks in year-2, then IMO you have cause to worry.

In Reid's case, if he doesn't turn up in the pre-season looking like he's not just been lifting weights but eating them, I'll be very disappointed.

If you don't get at least semi-regular Ones football out of top-10 draft picks in year-2, then IMO you have cause to worry.

In Reid's case, if he doesn't turn up in the pre-season looking like he's not just been lifting weights but eating them, I'll be very disappointed.
Not when it comes to KPPs. All we need from our 2nd year KPPs is development and some potential shown.

I disagree. A midfielder maybe but bigger guys need longer.

Plus the reason why they won't be able to get games straight away would be that we have so much depth. Reid will play 10 games next year. Dawes and Brown about 5 each. 2009 we lose Presti, Wakes and Rocca. Hello replacements!

I disagree. A midfielder maybe but bigger guys need longer.

Plus the reason why they won't be able to get games straight away would be that we have so much depth. Reid will play 10 games next year. Dawes and Brown about 5 each. 2009 we lose Presti, Wakes and Rocca. Hello replacements!

Yeah we need to make sure that reid and co. have been blooded and have played a minimum of 20-30 games each by the end of '09. I actually don't know that much about dawes to be honest i know more about reid and brown...who looks to be better as a KP forward out of reid and dawes?

Yeah we need to make sure that reid and co. have been blooded and have played a minimum of 20-30 games each by the end of '09. I actually don't know that much about dawes to be honest i know more about reid and brown...who looks to be better as a KP forward out of reid and dawes?

Dawes only played a handful of games after coming back from a knee reco, so you'd have to give the points to Reid, but in those few games that Dawes played he did pretty well. He also has a big body and uses it well, kicks well, they should both be stars. They're different types of players though, a bit like comparing Rocca to Tarrant a few years ago.

IMO Reid will get about 10 games for the pies if he keeps developing the way he is going. Would be first in line for any foward vacancy as he is that versatile. Could play the roaming lead up CHF role of cloke very well. The third tall fast leading role of Rusling very well and has replaced Rocca when he was out through suspension.

Brown will all depend on his development KPP take ages to develop and unlike fowards who can be blooded via the third tall option FB's are often harder to find match up's for. Glass took a very long time to develop and is the closets comparison to Brown in terms of player straight out the draft.

Dawes depends on his recovery and senior VFL form. IMO is still a year away from pushing for seniors.

Brown and reid will knocking on the door of the 22, reid especially, dawes might take a bit longer but i could see him coming through around mid-year.

I think we need to start a succession plan of sorts and definitely Brown and perhaps Dawes should play from the get go.

Reid and Rusling interchangeable on form/fitness

I would like to see Reid on a wing next year. He is quick enough and good enough at the ground level (from the limited footage I've seen). That would allow Rusling to prowl the forward line.

Thinking back to about round 21 or so this year, Bluey was on radio saying how much Dawes was rated and impressed with his incredibly limited season post knee reco, and actually said that if anything happened to Rocca he would be seriously considered coming into the side.

On that logic, with him being considered in a limited 2007, he should most definately be on the cards for playing in 2008. It may be hard to play both Rocca and Dawes but may be a bit of pressure knocking at Rocca's door to further motivate him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Brown, Dawes and Reid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back