Will Clarkson add a 5th Premiership by the end of 2022 ?

Will Clarskon win another Premiership by 2022

• Yes

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure hunger is the problem.

Jeff will be president when Clarko's contract expires. I'm just not sure Jeff gives him another one, especially with Sam in the background.

I suppose a lot will come down to the next 2 years and the development of the list in that time, we have to feel we are closer to our next premiership than we do at the moment.

Paywall. Care to provide a summary of anything noteworthy?
Will Clarko stay or go and rebuild somewhere else
Hawks have no young talent except Day and no depth ...Buckanara

4 drafts to fix up another club is put as a good option instead of staying

Pies Blues and GWS want him

Will Clarko stay or go and rebuild somewhere else
Hawks have no young talent except Day and no depth ...Buckanara

4 drafts to fix up another club is put as a good option instead of staying

Pies Blues and GWS want him
No youth?? That is just lazy reporting. We are struggling to fit all our youth in the side even with a few senior players out.

I could very easily be wrong - but I simply can't see Clarko at this stage of hs career leaving to just go and do exactly the same job somewhere else.

Sideways has never been is MO. Teaching is.

We'll find out soon enough

No youth?? That is just lazy reporting. We are struggling to fit all our youth in the side even with a few senior players out.
Spot on.

Sounds like the article was written a few weeks ago and published now without anyone rereading it.

For us to win a premiership by next year our youth will need to really come on plus few injuries to challenge our depth plus a free agent or two in the off season. I thought we could make top four last year had we had few injuries and the senior guys all performed but after round 3 all that we needed to go right went wrong. It was a set back in the short term but the medium horizon is looming more positive after a few matches this season. The challenge is can we bring on the young players quick enough so that we can challenge with Breust, Gunston, wingard, Mitchell and omeara etc all playing top quality football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are obviously not winning another by the end of next year. That's fantasy land stuff. The club overestimated itself in 2016 and here we are, a bottom four team.

Thankfully the club and Clarko have now seemingly come to terms with it so the clock has reset to 2025 (IMO). The next two years will obviously give us a great indication of whether we are looking good for one by 2025.

Article full of conjecture, reads like a well-written BF post imo.
Then there's 0% chance Malthouse & Sheedy actually had any input into the article or it'd read like a suped up HODGEYROAD rant :tearsofjoy:

We are obviously not winning another by the end of next year. That's fantasy land stuff. The club overestimated itself in 2016 and here we are, a bottom four team.

Thankfully the club and Clarko have now seemingly come to terms with it so the clock has reset to 2025 (IMO). The next two years will obviously give us a great indication of whether we are looking good for one by 2025.
But for the AFL desperately needing Footscray to avoid relegation (or just closing altogether), we likely would've won 2016 as well.

Thankfully the club and Clarko have now seemingly come to terms with it so the clock has reset to 2025 (IMO). The next two years will obviously give us a great indication of whether we are looking good for one by 2025.t table next few years.

Hopefully we make good choices at the draft table next few years.

Don’t think we will be bottom four this year. There is some seriously terrible sides out there that seem to have given up by round 2.

Don’t think we will be bottom four this year. There is some seriously terrible sides out there that seem to have given up by round 2.

Of those below Brisbane will be ahead of us by season's end. North, Adelaide and Essendon will surely finish below us. GSW too at this rate.

From an outsider looking in: there is another flag or two in Clarko but only if he goes to another club with a current talented list like Carlton or GWS. He's doing a very decent job rebuilding with your club but I don't think he'll be around when your list starts to bear fruit. Sam Mitchell will have the glory of that.

And the damn pre finals bye. We'd have rolled the dogs, you'd have rolled us in the semi, would have rolled an inexperienced GWS in a PF, and who knows what would happen against the Swans in the GF.

We had our chance, Smith needed to kick that goal vs Geelong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back