Will Clarkson add a 5th Premiership by the end of 2022 ?

Will Clarskon win another Premiership by 2022

• Yes

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had our chance, Smith needed to kick that goal vs Geelong.
Nah, Umpires needed to pay more than 3 free kicks from our 100+ tackles against Dogs.

Don't put it down to Smith - 1 kick over 100+ minutes: that's bullshi*t; the blatantly obvious failure/corruption was the week before.

Nah, Umpires needed to pay more than 3 free kicks from our 100+ tackles against Dogs.

Don't put it down to Smith - 1 kick over 100+ minutes: that's bullshi*t; the blatantly obvious failure/corruption was the week before.

Even if we won that I don't think we win at Spotless, we're putrid at that venue, we'd have lost easily IMO.

Bucky basically says we should have started a rebuild after 2016 and we went 2 or 3 years too many adding experienced players.

Hard to disagree given our current position.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but as it stands yeah we just wasted 3-4 years, who knows where we'd be now if we did start a full blown rebuild then.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but as it stands yeah we just wasted 3-4 years, who knows where we'd be now if we did start a full blown rebuild then.

did he acknowledge our 3 AA standard players not on the park? All our class mids retired together. Simply put kids in there and it’s very, very ugly

the club also chased lynch and coniglio among others. That could have been the kicker

did he acknowledge our 3 AA standard players not on the park? All our class mids retired together. Simply put kids in there and it’s very, very ugly

the club also chased lynch and coniglio among others. That could have been the kicker

That was 100% the reason as to why I initially didn't mind our model, I had it on good authority we'd make a splash in Free Agency, sadly it didn't work out.

It’s always the same people that seemingly just didn’t want the club to try to win another flag while we were still in the window, and instead wanted us to tell the multiple premiership players on the list in 2016 that despite finishing the home and away in the top 4 and being a game clear on top only weeks earlier (even without Roughead for the season), that we were going to hit the draft and that they were going to spend the next 3-5 years of their time on the list waiting for drafted players to hopefully get up to speed.

In 2016, we had the following players in the 24-28 age group who had just taken us to top 4.
Rioli, Breust, Gunston, Birchall, Puopolo, Frawley, Smith, Stratton, McEvoy, Ceglar, Shiels, Schoenmakers.

We also had Sicily, Hardwick, Howe, Burton and O’Brien developing as 19-21yr olds.

People wanted us to not try and win another flag with this lot by adding to it by trade or FA, but I will never think otherwise that if you add Lynch/Coniglio to Tom, JOM and Hendo and a returning Roughead, that we probably do give ourselves a shot at a 5th or even 6th and that’s what this club is about. Winning flags.

Why would I ever want them to do any different.

It’s always the same people that seemingly just didn’t want the club to try to win another flag while we were still in the window, and instead wanted us to tell the multiple premiership players on the list in 2016 that despite finishing the home and away in the top 4 and being a game clear on top only weeks earlier (even without Roughead for the season), that we were going to hit the draft and that they were going to spend the next 3-5 years of their time on the list waiting for drafted players to hopefully get up to speed.

In 2016, we had the following players in the 24-28 age group who had just taken us to top 4.
Rioli, Breust, Gunston, Birchall, Puopolo, Frawley, Smith, Stratton, McEvoy, Ceglar, Shiels, Schoenmakers.

We also had Sicily, Hardwick, Howe, Burton and O’Brien developing as 19-21yr olds.

People wanted us to not try and win another flag with this lot by adding to it by trade or FA, but I will never think otherwise that if you add Lynch/Coniglio to Tom, JOM and Hendo and a returning Roughead, that we probably do give ourselves a shot at a 5th or even 6th and that’s what this club is about. Winning flags.

Why would I ever want them to do any different.

This. We had just won three in a row. Of course you build your strategy around four. Why wouldn’t you give it a shot?

Was obvious to me at the end of 2017 we needed a rebuild.

We were never going to win another flag with the list at that stage.

Most of the best players from the era had moved on or retired and the ones that remained were mostly past their best.

Just want to get the general opinions on this board to see if the majority think Clarko will take us to the promised land yet again in the 4 years remaining on his contract ?

When I look at our list as a whole I think we are a couple of pieces away. 2019 will likely be the last season for players such as Burgoyne, Roughead, Birchall* ( hasn't played for 2 years anyways) and maybe even Poppy and these players will need to be replaced. I'm hopeful that players such as Smith, Big boy, Stratton and Frawley still have 3 years of pretty good footy left in the. The core of our list now players like Mitchell, Jaeger, Bruest, Gunston, Wingard, Sicily, Hardwick, Scully ( ankle pending) hopefully have 5+ years left.

As an overall I think we have some chance of saluting in the next 4 years, but it will require some internal development from the kids, Worpel, Morrsion, Howe ( Though not really a kid anymore), Lewis, Hanrahan, Moore, Jiath, Glass, Nash etc, + a couple more shrewd trade periods to get us to the pinnacle again.
Funny how optimistic you seem in this thread - It’s clear you understood the strategy and were very supportive of it.

Funny how optimistic you seem in this thread - It’s clear you understood the strategy and were very supportive of it.

Well the strategy was all about being huge players in free agency, was I was lead to believe we'd be a major hit in, turns out we were dead set awful in it which was the major failing of the strategy IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back