Will Sheedy pick up Blumfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Monster

Debutant
Apr 28, 2004
Ballarat
Other Teams
Essendon
I know this was brought up earlier in the season, but now that it is a genuine possibility, will sheedy do what he has done so many times before and pick up a washed up trade on minimum wage? or is blumfield still worth too much in his current injury-ridden form

I doubt it. Sheedy lost faith in him and he was one of the first to go when we needed cap space, and since then he's done absolutely nothing.

He's got, or at least had, the ability but since that knee injury in early 2001 he's never got back to near his best, and i'm sure Sheedy would much rather play the likes of Dyson, Stanton, Watson, Bullen, Nash etc in the midfield.

You'd think it may be worth taking a chance. He couldn't ask for much and he may be worth taking a punt on. What would we have to loose?

Moorcroft for much of the year was one very frustrated man at Bendigo, but, his leadership when it counted certainly helped. That said, age is the problem there.

Blumfield's injuries have been way too numerous to even take a punt on, considering the battles we have had with our own list of injured players.

On a performance based contract of $55, 000 I'd take Blumfield in a heartbeat. When his mind is on the task at hand he can be a damaging player, and like the Moorcroft, was given little opportunity and played out of posn.

I'd be very happy if we did something along the lines of:
Out: Bullen, Henners
In: Blumfield, Moorcroft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IDGAF said:
Have any of you seen how he has played this year ?

I tell you what , how about your second rnd draft pick and we`ll call it square

Come on , it worked for Hawks and Croad

we saw how he played before he left us

Deestroy said:
Considering Richmond has delisted Blumfield, they won't be getting anything for him.

Greg Miller said that they would trade blumfield for a late pick if that helped him get to the club of his choice so I don't think any of those richmond players were delisted so much as told they would not be on the list for much longer.

Mattlowry said:
I would much rather have Bullen then Blumfield. Bullen has been alright lately.
exactly, i can't see any point bringing back blumfield when there are plenty of younger players who could play even better than him in his position.

dj21 said:
Greg Miller said that they would trade blumfield for a late pick if that helped him get to the club of his choice so I don't think any of those richmond players were delisted so much as told they would not be on the list for much longer.
He will only get traded for your last pick,just to make sure he gets there,or another team might get him before you.If he gets his fitness back which he will he will be good for you guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Sheedy pick up Blumfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back