Will you download the Covid19 app?

• Yes

Votes: 45 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 75 62.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

To all those saying "**** off, do you think I really trust our government not to abuse this" and refusing to download it back in April:

Seems we were spot on in our assessment.

To all those saying "fu** off, do you think I really trust our government not to abuse this" and refusing to download it back in April:

Seems we were spot on in our assessment.
Shocked to be sitting here.

1606371141505.jpeg

Morrison government’s updated Covidsafe app unlikely to improve results, experts say
Tech community has criticised government for failing to engage on new changes given app’s poor track record

Technology experts have criticised the federal government for not using Apple and Google’s contact-tracing system in an overhaul of the Covidsafe app it announced on Monday, with one cryptographer saying they would be “astounded” if the upgrade performs as well as the framework being used in other countries.

Federal officials last month told Senate estimates the app had identified just 17 people not picked up through manual contact tracing.

Labor’s health spokesman, Chris Bowen, said the app had delivered “bugger all” over the past six months.

“After months of arrogantly telling us the CovidSafe app was working just fine, and rejecting all suggestions for improvements, now the Morrison government is starting again,” he said.

The QR nonsense will be different though /s

It doesnt matter what is rolled out. Microsoft could develop something with NASA, it wouldn't matter, its still controlled, governed and run by the public service. That is the issue

The QR nonsense will be different though /s

It doesnt matter what is rolled out. Microsoft could develop something with NASA, it wouldn't matter, its still controlled, governed and run by the public service. That is the issue
Sth Korea, HK Taiwan and Singapores apps are run by the public service

WTF has that got to do with the incompetence of our public service hawk? I bet there isnt a south korean version of Utopia that may as well be documentary rather than comedy. We do...
Wasnt Victorias leak through the private sector ?
and the deaths in aged care mainly private again ?

Wasnt Victorias leak through the private sector ?
and the deaths in aged care mainly private again ?
I forgot, our public service (especially with tech) is not a laughing stock and is incredibly well managed. Only need to look at the NBN or EPAS in SA, both of which are billions over budget, achieved no quantifiable improvement and are now being made redundant already. My mistake, theyre geniuses, and will not **** every single thing they try up. Very efficient. Covid Safe App is magnificent also

Covidsafe app identified close contacts in just 20 NSW cases in six months, researchers say
Just 21% of the 618 people infected via community transmission had the app on their phones

But the number of downloads does not reveal the number of people who continue to use the app, and the government has refused freedom of information requests which would reveal the number of active users.

The researchers found “bad data” from the app provided false positive contacts, where there had been no physical contact with the patient.

“There were neighbours in the same apartment buildings or nearby houses, there were office workers who worked on different floors in the case, there were people who were in different restaurants with the case, [or] that was still on the same street or perhaps a few doors down or even over the road from the case,” Sisnowski said.

“And then people who are waiting in cars that drive through Covid clinics at the same time as the case.”

The $16 million COVIDSafe app, which Prime Minister Scott Morrison had likened to a "sunscreen" for coronavirus, has not identified any contacts linked to the Black Rock cluster.

There are more than 1200 people isolating as a result of the outbreak and the Department of Health and Human Services has identified 90 exposure sites, but the app has not picked up any contacts who were not already identified by Victoria's contact tracing team.

Government still spending $100,000 a month on Covidsafe app, despite it only finding 17 new contacts in 11 months

The federal government is spending $100,000 a month to keep the Covidsafe contact tracing app running, despite QR code check-in systems largely substituting the app as Australia records almost no cases of community transmission.

Despite the prime minister describing it as “sunscreen” and key to unlocking Australia, just 17 contacts not otherwise identified through manual tracing methods have been found by the app in the 11 months since it launched, the digital transformation agency CEO, Randall Brugeaud, told Senate estimates on Thursday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forgot, our public service (especially with tech) is not a laughing stock and is incredibly well managed. Only need to look at the NBN or EPAS in SA, both of which are billions over budget, achieved no quantifiable improvement and are now being made redundant already.
WAT.jpg

I just downloaded the Qld one

Check In Qld app

Important

From 1 May 2021, all Queensland hospitality businesses must use the Check In Qld app when signing in patrons to their premises.

For fk sake, you’d think by now, after these exact issues in other state covid apps like WA, that it would have foolproof privacy protections by now. Health contact tracing only!!! No unrelated police investigation. No business analytics like foot traffic. No exploitation of for-purpose. Only what it purports to be. Police henceforth should be punished for jeopardising public trust like that. A missing police firearm 😒 assholes!

For fk sake, you’d think by now, after these exact issues in other state covid apps like WA, that it would have foolproof privacy protections by now. Health contact tracing only!!! No unrelated police investigation. No business analytics like foot traffic. No exploitation of for-purpose. Only what it purports to be. Police henceforth should be punished for jeopardising public trust like that. A missing police firearm 😒 assholes!
your phone tells them everything anyhow

Just to reinforce what's been already stated.

Senate Estimates heard in March that the app had not detected any unique close contacts since November last year.
It also heard the app has cost more than $6.5 million with ongoing costs of at least $100,000 per month.
The government has entered into contracts worth nearly $10 million for work on the app up until the end of 2021.
In May, Victoria's Health Minister Mark Foley was asked whether COVIDSafe had been used during the state's outbreak.
"Not to my knowledge," he said.
"And I'm sure such a rare event would be brought to my attention."

sQomo should stick to taking photos of himself with his thumbs up its the only thing he hasnt stuffed up yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back