Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Remove this Banner Ad

Skoff

Senior List
Oct 1, 2003
Springdale
Other Teams
Dancing Homers
Both the Williams boys have cast shame over the family name. The immortal Fos would be turning in his grave over the performances of his sons.

One a good regular season coach who forgets to turn up in finals, the other, couldn't even get the most finals friendly team in the history of football to the finals.

Is this the lowest time ever for the Post Adelaide Williams'?

Originally posted by Skoff
Both the Williams boys have cast shame over the family name. The immortal Fos would be turning in his grave over the performances of his sons.

Immortal? who the hell is Fos Williams? He may have been an immortal in the sleepy little shanty town called Adelaide but as far as on the big stage he did nothing.. zero. In fact I would already say his son Mark has achieved more at the highest level than Fos ever did. It just goes to prove what a tin pot outback competition the SANFL is... that someone can be a legend there yet its not good enough among the big boys.

Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Originally posted by Chris_Judd
Immortal? who the hell is Fos Williams? He may have been an immortal in the sleepy little shanty town called Adelaide but as far as on the big stage he did nothing.. zero. In fact I would already say his son Mark has achieved more at the highest level than Fos ever did. It just goes to prove what a tin pot outback competition the SANFL is... that someone can be a legend there yet its not good enough among the big boys.

Run away little boy. You obviously have no idea of the sanfl in those days. It beat Victoria regularly and in the champions of Australia comp our premiers often beat the vfl's. Jealous we are dominant over WA's backwards little comp?

Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Originally posted by eastaugh36
Run away little boy. You obviously have no idea of the sanfl in those days. It beat Victoria regularly and in the champions of Australia comp our premiers often beat the vfl's. Jealous we are dominant over WA's backwards little comp?

SANFL beat Victoria regularly? We do have warped imaginations don't we..... just for the record... it was WA and VIC who pioneered the State of Origin concept. Sth Australia wasn't even thought about as they are the pimple on the butt of Australia..... as for jealousy over SANFL apparantly being dominant over WAFL.... well there is the difference.

Nobody in WA even suggests the WAFL was a better competition than anyone else.... we all acknowledged the VFL/AFL was the pinnacle of football... and the majority of the WAFL players who wanted to play at the highest level went to Melbourne. It's the sad little Sth Australians who talk about the SANFL and their players like they were all "champions" and "greats" even though most of them were too gutless to play against the best.... or only went in the last year or two of their careers for the money... Do the names Ken Farmer, Russell Eggbert and Fos Williams ring a bell? Amazing how they are all legends of their own lunchboxes back there.... and apparantly some of the best players if not the best ever to pull on a jumper in Sth Australia..... guess they didn't want to go to the VFL where they would have been a small fish in a big pond... and a nobody.

Come on lads be nice, :p they are almost ready to be weaned off the sleeping tablets.

I understand that the Murray river has risen about 30cm's in the last month:D

Even I, a life long despiser of anything Port Adelaide, am willing to admit that this thre3ad is utter bulltish.
Judd, you are a fool, as are you Skoff.
Fos Williams a man who raised a club from bweing just plain good to supremacy, while his boys have achieved in their own ways without relying on their family name.
By writing off this family Judd and its impact on football in SA, you write off about 100 years of football history anywhere outside of Victoria. Good revisionist history.

Judd is you have forgotten Port Adelaide have won 38 premierships the most of any club in Australia and Fos Williams has a big part in that.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

SANFL beat Victoria regularly? We do have warped imaginations don't we.....

1972 Club Championship:
North Adelaide 3.5 5.6 8.12 10.13 73
Carlton 3.5 7.10 9.11 10.12 72

Next?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

SANFL beat Victoria regularly? We do have warped imaginations don't we..... just for the record... it was WA and VIC who pioneered the State of Origin concept. Sth Australia wasn't even thought about as they are the pimple on the butt of Australia..... as for jealousy over SANFL apparantly being dominant over WAFL.... well there is the difference.

Nobody in WA even suggests the WAFL was a better competition than anyone else.... we all acknowledged the VFL/AFL was the pinnacle of football... and the majority of the WAFL players who wanted to play at the highest level went to Melbourne. It's the sad little Sth Australians who talk about the SANFL and their players like they were all "champions" and "greats" even though most of them were too gutless to play against the best.... or only went in the last year or two of their careers for the money... Do the names Ken Farmer, Russell Eggbert and Fos Williams ring a bell? Amazing how they are all legends of their own lunchboxes back there.... and apparantly some of the best players if not the best ever to pull on a jumper in Sth Australia..... guess they didn't want to go to the VFL where they would have been a small fish in a big pond... and a nobody.

The AFL is the best comp in the land but it is AUSTRALIAN.
Then you have the sanfl and vfl followed by daylight and then WA.
That suggests to me that the only sad people are the west aussies who may have started origin but never supported it. SA is a far more passionate football state. Now you have been alerted to the facts run off to the playground.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

you have the sanfl and vfl followed by daylight and then WA.

ive been watching a few vfl games on fox quite regularly.

the standard of the sanfl is over the vfl, & the sanfl grand final last weekend was played at great speed - i was impressed as the standard wasnt as bad as i thought it may have become.

& when N.T. team joins sanfl it will improve again.

its more like this:

afl > mcg floodlights > sanfl > daylight > vfl/wafl/others

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Originally posted by captain ebert
ive been watching a few vfl games on fox quite regularly.

the standard of the sanfl is over the vfl, & the sanfl grand final last weekend was played at great speed - i was impressed as the standard wasnt as bad as i thought it may have become.

& when N.T. team joins sanfl it will improve again.

its more like this:

afl > mcg floodlights > sanfl > daylight > vfl/wafl/others

Yeah, rightio.

Last time the VFL played the SANFL the Vics gave your mob an almighty flogging - 10 goals wasn't it? And that wasn't even including all the AFL listed players who turn out for VFL clubs every week.

The VFL is a vastly superior competition to the SANFL - the same way it has been for 100 years.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
Yeah, rightio.

Last time the VFL played the SANFL the Vics gave your mob an almighty flogging - 10 goals wasn't it? And that wasn't even including all the AFL listed players who turn out for VFL clubs every week.

The VFL is a vastly superior competition to the SANFL - the same way it has been for 100 years.

The sanfl dont include AFL listed players in their state team anyway so why should the vfl be allowed to?

You base it on one match. The 2 previous ones the sanfl won. The reason I rated them together is because I dont think there is any major difference between them. One will win one year and the next it will probably be a completely different result. The fact is that the WAFL is heaps behind.

Anyway, for tradition,atmosphere and crowd size give me the sanfl anyday!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

The sanfl dont include AFL listed players in their state team anyway so why should the vfl be allowed to?

Because the SANFL has around 20 AFL listed players running around on any given week. The VFL has over 100. It goes without saying the VFL is a superior competition - the same as it's always being.

You base it on one match. The 2 previous ones the sanfl won. The reason I rated them together is because I dont think there is any major difference between them. One will win one year and the next it will probably be a completely different result. The fact is that the WAFL is heaps behind.

Yes, the WAFL is behind - much less physical than the VFL and SANFL.

Anyway, for tradition,atmosphere and crowd size give me the sanfl anyday! [/B]

For quality football, give me Victorian football anyday.

The fact you are even trying to justify the SANFL as a competition which matters in the general scheme of things pretty much confirms my theory on Sth Australians and the chips on their shoulders.... you remember.... when the AFL asked Port Adelaide to join the National competition in 1987 and they didn't want to because they thought the SANFL was better... hahahahahaha guess who came crawling back begging to the AFL in the end when their competition was turning to manure.

you remember.... when the AFL asked Port Adelaide to join the National competition in 1987 and they didn't want to because they thought the SANFL was better...

ER, no i dont - please remind me of this situation.....:confused:

and if the AFL was so superier and all, why would they need port to leave SA & join it in the first place?

Judd, you're revising history again.
The VFL didn't ask Port to join. Port asked to join the VFL. The SANFL prevented that from happening because, rightly or wrongly, they believed they should make the decision about the formation of an SA VFL side.
Get your facts straight Judd.

you remember.... when the AFL asked Port Adelaide to join the National competition in 1987 and they didn't want to because they thought the SANFL was better...

That was the Norwood Footy Club. ******.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk

I would have excpected more from you than this rubbish.

Why is it that people always want to denigrate things??

The VFL and SANFL both have long and proud histories.

People such as Chris Judd who just spew forth bile to get a reaction should not be given the time of day

When persons such as yourself come out with utter rubbish like that it only encourages them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Originally posted by Jars458
I would have excpected more from you than this rubbish.

Why is it that people always want to denigrate things??

The VFL and SANFL both have long and proud histories.

People such as Chris Judd who just spew forth bile to get a reaction should not be given the time of day

When persons such as yourself come out with utter rubbish like that it only encourages them.

Now now Jars - you are getting emotional again. :p

Surely you know I'm just baiting the SA supporters who love to tell us how great their competition was.

The VFA has a proud history too - it was the premier competition in Australia for 20 years.

I was merely correcting my Croweating friend who was trying to claim the SANFL is daylights ahead of the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Remove this Banner Ad

Back