Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Originally posted by eastaugh36
Spare me please!

I just glanced at the WAFL website and the crowd figures were around 1,100 for most matches. Pathetic.
As for which league is better. Firstly, we thrashed you this year and secondly your rundown of past history was based on matches played years ago when the 2 leagues were equal. But things have changed now. SANFL has dominated WAFL in state matches of late.
Im sure most sanfl followers will agree with me.
You lose.

Do you see anyone in here saying the WAFL is a better standard than the SANFL? You certainly don't see us saying its better than VFL... and believe me.. as someone who has watched both the SANFL and VFL on my beloved Satellite dish... I can tell you SANFL doesn't even come close to the VFL. Comparing the WAFL Vs SANFL games now is about as useless an exercise as you could get. The WA team basically tries and picks an Under 25 team. The WAFL is full of ex and current AFL players who are not picked for this team.
There are also several reasons why the SANFL can attract better players... their salary cap is double that of the WAFLs.... as for crowds.. there is also a very good reason for that. As has been recently reported.. here are the reasons why:

The WAFL is played on a Saturday.. there are a number of reasons why it can only be that day. A few years ago the Eagles asked to experiment and play 3 home games on a Saturday... the WAFL said sure.. as long as its 3... so the AFL brings the fixtures out and gives them 5. During the weeks these 5 games were played the WAFL crowds were halved. The crowds at the Eagles games were good on Saturdays and worked well... but the WAFL said because it affected their crowds... it should be left at 5.... so whats the AFL do... it gives the Eagles and Freo 7 Saturday games.
.. again this affected WAFL crowds greatly this year.... where crowds were halved during weeks when the Eagles or Dockers played on Saturday..... again the WAFL BEGGED the AFL to not allow more than 5 AFL games a year to be played in Perth on a Saturday due to the fact the crowd numbers were almost terminal.... so whats the good old AFL do for next year.... yup they increase the Saturday games for Eagles and Dockers to 14 next year. Well done AFL. And guess how many Saturday AFL games the SANFL get to struggle against... grand total of 7 for next year. Gee I wondder why crowds are down.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Originally posted by Chris_Judd
Do you see anyone in here saying the WAFL is a better standard than the SANFL? You certainly don't see us saying its better than VFL... and believe me.. as someone who has watched both the SANFL and VFL on my beloved Satellite dish... I can tell you SANFL doesn't even come close to the VFL. Comparing the WAFL Vs SANFL games now is about as useless an exercise as you could get. The WA team basically tries and picks an Under 25 team. The WAFL is full of ex and current AFL players who are not picked for this team.
There are also several reasons why the SANFL can attract better players... their salary cap is double that of the WAFLs.... as for crowds.. there is also a very good reason for that. As has been recently reported.. here are the reasons why:

The WAFL is played on a Saturday.. there are a number of reasons why it can only be that day. A few years ago the Eagles asked to experiment and play 3 home games on a Saturday... the WAFL said sure.. as long as its 3... so the AFL brings the fixtures out and gives them 5. During the weeks these 5 games were played the WAFL crowds were halved. The crowds at the Eagles games were good on Saturdays and worked well... but the WAFL said because it affected their crowds... it should be left at 5.... so whats the AFL do... it gives the Eagles and Freo 7 Saturday games.
.. again this affected WAFL crowds greatly this year.... where crowds were halved during weeks when the Eagles or Dockers played on Saturday..... again the WAFL BEGGED the AFL to not allow more than 5 AFL games a year to be played in Perth on a Saturday due to the fact the crowd numbers were almost terminal.... so whats the good old AFL do for next year.... yup they increase the Saturday games for Eagles and Dockers to 14 next year. Well done AFL. And guess how many Saturday AFL games the SANFL get to struggle against... grand total of 7 for next year. Gee I wondder why crowds are down.

Port and the crows have matches which clash with the sanfl.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Gee wow... Port and Crows have 7 matches with clash with the SANFL.. compared to the Eagles and Dockers who have 14 matches that clash with the WAFL. Well over 2/3rds of the WAFL season is destroyed because the AFL doesnt care. Check the SANFL figures when the crows or Port are playing at the same time. I think you will find they are probably affected greatly too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Gee wow... Port and Crows have 7 matches with clash with the SANFL.. compared to the Eagles and Dockers who have 14 matches that clash with the WAFL. Well over 2/3rds of the WAFL season is destroyed because the AFL doesnt care. Check the SANFL figures when the crows or Port are playing at the same time. I think you will find they are probably affected greatly too.

Well wy dont the wafl do what the sanfl does. Transfer the wafl matches. They could have one on the friday night and then some on the sunday.

Well maybe the WAFL should play night games, so they dont clash. We are lucky enough to have a world class venue in Adelaide Oval and a not so good Norwood Oval with lights. Besides Subi do you have a ground with good lighting and atmosphere for WAFL games?

Get over it Judd...

The only reason the VFL ever expanded into a "national" competition, is because your wimpy WAFC boardroom voted for a team... If they had stopped to think for a second, all would have been avoided, the VFL, SANFL and WAFL would all be equals, and a national competition would have been formed in a more rational way...

I don't deny history, and WA has a proud footballing history... but as of that moment in 1986, the WAFL turned to ****. It has ruined top-level football in Australia, and let the VFL become the Alienation Football League!

Check the SANFL figures when the crows or Port are playing at the same time. I think you will find they are probably affected greatly too.

Round 21, Adelaide played North Melbourne on the Saturday. This clashed with Central District vs. Port Adelaide, crowd was 2681. Normal number for a home and away fixture.

You really shouldn't talk about things you have no idea on. ;)

Originally posted by GoalsFrom50Out
You really think the real Williamstown, and by real I mean without all the Collingwood rejects, would beat Central District? What utter crap. I watched them against Port Melbourne, and they didn't look that good.

What do you mean, the real Willi? That is the real Willi now. It's not like they play any games without the AFL listed players anymore.

Centrals and West Adelaide had AFL listed players as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

But as the crowd figures show re: Port Scumalaide no one could give a crap about going to watch them. That would be why the crowds in the sanfl are better than those in the wafl.

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
What do you mean, the real Willi? That is the real Willi now. It's not like they play any games without the AFL listed players anymore.

Centrals and West Adelaide had AFL listed players as well.

Centrals: Brent Guerra and DANIEL FARKING SCHELL.
West: Dominic Cassisi, Ben Rutten and BEN FARKING MARSH.

Williamstown had Leon Davis, who isn't that bad of a player, and is quite good at VFL level. Central would still beat Williamstown, and I'd laugh at what they'd do to West Perth.

Originally posted by jaybee
having a williams as a coach is a receipe for mediocrity
timke to retire getns and end the misery

You are a d-ckhead. Fos Williams coached Port Adelaide to three Premierships (1962,1963,1965), and played in SIX premierships (1951,1954,1955,1956,1957,1958).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Originally posted by CrowBoi
Get over it Judd...

The only reason the VFL ever expanded into a "national" competition, is because your wimpy WAFC boardroom voted for a team... If they had stopped to think for a second, all would have been avoided, the VFL, SANFL and WAFL would all be equals, and a national competition would have been formed in a more rational way...

I don't deny history, and WA has a proud footballing history... but as of that moment in 1986, the WAFL turned to ****. It has ruined top-level football in Australia, and let the VFL become the Alienation Football League!

You dic*wad. You are blaming the WAFL now for ruining top level football in Australia yet your nickname is "Crowboi". Crows play in which competition again? If it wasn't for us you wouldn't even have a crows team and you would still be sitting on metal benches at football park watching your miserable SANFL team in front of next to nobody.... still thinking that Sth Australia matters in the general scheme of things. Most of the VFL clubs would have died as well if the WAFL didnt put a team into the then VFL. Saying it has ruined top-level football is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard because in effect it kept it alive and made it professional and what it is today. How many AFL footballers have jobs now? Compare that to 1990 which was only 13 years ago.... and tell me whether its better now than then.

Round 21, Adelaide played North Melbourne on the Saturday. This clashed with Central District vs. Port Adelaide, crowd was 2681. Normal number for a home and away fixture.

You really shouldn't talk about things you have no idea on. ;)

I noticed you picked a "Port Adelaide" SANFL game crowd... and compared it to when the Adelaide Crows were playing.... Compare it to when Port Power's playing against the Port SANFL team and then come back and show me some real figures. 2681.. not exactly much to write home about is it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

You dic*wad. You are blaming the WAFL now for ruining top level football in Australia yet your nickname is "Crowboi". Crows play in which competition again? If it wasn't for us you wouldn't even have a crows team and you would still be sitting on metal benches at football park watching your miserable SANFL team in front of next to nobody.... still thinking that Sth Australia matters in the general scheme of things. Most of the VFL clubs would have died as well if the WAFL didnt put a team into the then VFL. Saying it has ruined top-level football is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard because in effect it kept it alive and made it professional and what it is today. How many AFL footballers have jobs now? Compare that to 1990 which was only 13 years ago.... and tell me whether its better now than then.

You really are naive aren't you?

I didn't want the Crows formed the way they were, but I still support them, as they are the local team we were forced to follow by in order - the VFL, WAFC, PAFC, SANFL...

And if your moronic board hadn't so quickly decided to join the VFL, the AFL as it stands wouldn't exist... some other way of brokering a fairer national competition would have happened, and the WAFL and SANFL wouldn't have turned to sh*t!

You really are a moron if you think the VFL/AFL helped West Australian football!

Um, Dudd?

The fixture from that round only had ONE game on the Saturday, anyway. Not much else I can pick from. Also, that day was pelting down with rain, as was seen in the Adelaide/Kangaroos match.

From memory, I don't think the Power even played a Saturday game this season, in Adelaide.

Chris_Judd your dislike towards South Australia has become an unhealthy obsession. I have been reading these forums for a long time and lately, the majority of your posts have been pure garbage. I think these forums are a great way for many football followers to share knowledge and healthily debate many topics. But much of the fun is taken out of it when irrelevant posts are posted by people who have other agendas.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

You really are naive aren't you?

I didn't want the Crows formed the way they were, but I still support them, as they are the local team we were forced to follow by in order - the VFL, WAFC, PAFC, SANFL...

And if your moronic board hadn't so quickly decided to join the VFL, the AFL as it stands wouldn't exist... some other way of brokering a fairer national competition would have happened, and the WAFL and SANFL wouldn't have turned to sh*t!

You really are a moron if you think the VFL/AFL helped West Australian football!

You Sth Australians are pretty stupid. You still don't get the concept of the "Australian Football League" Do you. The AFL IS West Australian football... just like its Sth Australian and Victorian and NSW and QLD. Itis the highest level of football in Australia. Just because the AFL headquarters aren't placed in Alberton or Moron Park doesn't mean a thing.

West Australian Football has not been hurt by the AFL... if anything its better now... we get regular crowds of 40,000 to games each weekend in Perth... West Australian football is better than ever when you look at the amount of players we are providing for the best competition in the land... the AFL. THE WAFL as a competition may be struggling but really.. who cares? the WAFL is not the be all and end all of West Australian Footy. 95% of the kids who get drafted into the AFL from WA never even play a senior game of WAFL football!

You South Australians just need to get this chip off your shoulder... that the AFL is the best competition... kids don't grow up anymore hoping they'll "play for Norwood when they get older" They want to play for Adelaide or Port or Collingwood. The sooner you realise the SANFL/WAFL/TFL/VFL is a pimple on the butt of football in Australia the better.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

kids don't grow up anymore hoping they'll "play for Norwood when they get older"

Yes, they do.

They realize they do not go straight into AFL Football, and learn and hone their skills in the SANFL, and have a better chance of being drafted.

Idiot.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

You Sth Australians are pretty stupid. You still don't get the concept of the "Australian Football League" Do you. The AFL IS West Australian football... just like its Sth Australian and Victorian and NSW and QLD. Itis the highest level of football in Australia. Just because the AFL headquarters aren't placed in Alberton or Moron Park doesn't mean a thing.

West Australian Football has not been hurt by the AFL... if anything its better now... we get regular crowds of 40,000 to games each weekend in Perth... West Australian football is better than ever when you look at the amount of players we are providing for the best competition in the land... the AFL. THE WAFL as a competition may be struggling but really.. who cares? the WAFL is not the be all and end all of West Australian Footy. 95% of the kids who get drafted into the AFL from WA never even play a senior game of WAFL football!

You South Australians just need to get this chip off your shoulder... that the AFL is the best competition... kids don't grow up anymore hoping they'll "play for Norwood when they get older" They want to play for Adelaide or Port or Collingwood. The sooner you realise the SANFL/WAFL/TFL/VFL is a pimple on the butt of football in Australia the better.

ok, I've read it all... you're just a moron... if that post hasn't confirmed it, I don't know what will? :p

I'm not even going to bother arguing with you, because anyone that say the WAFL/VFL/TFL/SANFL is a pimple on the butt of football has no idea what they are talking about!

Grow up buddy...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

ok, I've read it all... you're just a moron... if that post hasn't confirmed it, I don't know what will? :p

What about the fact he's admitted never going to a game of Football in his life? :p

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

What about the fact he's admitted never going to a game of Football in his life? :p
No sh*t? HAHA! Judd, give up, and go back to your boyfriend! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams Boys a disgrace to the family name

Remove this Banner Ad

Back