pickettline

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2002
Traralgon Vic Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
new york yankees
Can anybody help me with North's win/loss record after the first four rounds in the years when North won the grand final.
Having been a North supporter for over fifty years I seem to recall that in at least two of those years we started the season very poorly,so while yesterday's loss was an embarrassment it does not mean that the season is over after two rounds.

Beware the Roos on the rebound.

Best to ask Mastermind about our win/loss record after four rounds in 75 & 77. :thumbsu:

I can assist you with;

1996: After Round 4. (2nd)
Won: _3
Loss: _1

1999: After Round 4. (13th)
Won: _1
Loss: _3

Amazingly finished with a win/loss record of 17/5 in 1999 finishing 2nd on the ladder. Would be a bit skeptical about us achieving similar results this year.

In 2007, we lost our first three games. Critics said we were finished. The club was in a crisis. We had average players and a fair few spuds, poor quality administration, debt, ownership struggles, the nessecity of selling games interstate and the looming threat of relocation above our head.

We went on to a week before the last Saturday in September.

If we take stock in this loss and use it to strengthen our resolve, and put out efforts like 2007, Rd 21 last year and to an extent even the second half of Rd 1, nothing is impossible with North around in the AFL.

We will fight to the very end.

Can anybody help me with North's win/loss record after the first four rounds in the years when North won the grand final.
Having been a North supporter for over fifty years I seem to recall that in at least two of those years we started the season very poorly,so while yesterday's loss was an embarrassment it does not mean that the season is over after two rounds.

Beware the Roos on the rebound.

1975 after R4--W1 L3 11th

1977 after R4--W4 L0 1st

Make what you will of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Win/Loss record

Remove this Banner Ad

Back