Prediction Window Closed! Going to drop off the cliff

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if you could see it on TV, but he put a couple of piss weak efforts in where he could of made a difference to the play but took a some half steps to avoid contact.
If we are half serious about going forward, he should never pull on a North jumper again. He has a few mates though..

To be honest, I never though we'd win a premiership with this lot. I just thought our period of being 'good' was going to last longer than it has.

To be honest, I never though we'd win a premiership with this lot. I just thought our period of being 'good' was going to last longer than it has.

Well, football is cyclical. You can't always be at the pointy end. Admittedly, I'm a bit surprised that after working 5 years to get to the pointy end, I thought we'd stay there for longer than the 6 days between the two finals wins last year.

Well, at least you've seen two.

I was too young to really appreciate 99. :(

Well really only one because I was a Fitzroy supporter up to 1996. I certainly would have been barracking for North in 1975 and 1977, but in 1996 I was too devastated to care what happened.

Yep Levi would have solved all the losses :confused:

I think we are missing Levi far more than anyone wants to admit. He wouldn't have finished where he did in the B&F last year if he hadn't been a major part of it. He's a different style midfielder to anyone else we have. Tonight we were terrible out of the centre square, not that I have any stats to prove that, but with Goldy again dominant in the hit outs, we still seemed to let the GC take it away more often than not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are so full of it.

Did u watch the game tonight? There were 3-4 occasions where he pulled out of contests because he didn't want it enough.

He has had 18 tackles at an average of 1.4 for the year playing more TOG than any of our other midfielders. That in itself is embarrassing.

Have u actually got enough proof to suggest otherwise from my statement about him being soft?

Did u watch the game tonight? There were 3-4 occasions where he pulled out of contests because he didn't want it enough.

He has had 18 tackles at an average of 1.4 for the year playing more TOG than any of our other midfielders. That in itself is embarrassing.

Have u actually got enough proof to suggest otherwise from my statement about him being soft?

Yeah I watched the game and I saw him put his body on the line plenty of times.

Tackling stats have nothing to do with hardness.

You want to back up your bullshit about him being softer than Anthony.

So he can stink it up with the shitful mid field we have?

These campaigners couldnt hit up the side of a barn.
Agreed. The midfield is our biggest ****ing concern.
We so desperately need a point of difference in there it's not funny.
Can't do much about it now but it has to be addressed at the end of the year.
For now id swap Ziebell and Thomas more during games. Give Fortham and Harper a run. Bring back Mullett and MacDonald. Have to salvage something from the season.

The club needs to sell hope.

Going along our current path is not!

I was "hopefull" after Sydney smashed us in the premlim last year that we would be hungry to learn and improve and that would drive us forward..
Que round round debacle..
I have remained hopeful that we could turn it around. Until tonight..
The hope for this year and the next few years has been smashed out of me.

Yeah I watched the game and I saw him put his body on the line plenty of times.

Tackling stats have nothing to do with hardness.

You want to back up your bullshit about him being softer than Anthony.

If I was good with computers I could whip up quite a montage of Gibbo being piss weak this year. Short steps, pulling out of contests,
Half hearted efforts to tackle...but I'm not good with that sort of shit, and your really not worth the effort.

If you don't see that Gibbo as soft then you have no idea.

He has incredible endurance, you'd think he'd use it to his advantage to actually get involved defensively and lay some tackles. Last year he played with more intensity. This year he has rested on his laurels and the physical side of his game is non existent.

Its just one game boys lets not jump to conclusions and go all doom and gloom just yet. We did make the prelim last year after all. I mean it's not like we have been bad this year excluding those games against the crows, hawks and dockers. And look at the pies, we smashed them ...for 1 half. And chin up, we have an easy draw - first of all against the team thats only won 1 game this year. This will really kick start our season

Its just one game boys lets not jump to conclusions and go all doom and gloom just yet. We did make the prelim last year after all. I mean it's not like we have been bad this year excluding those games against the crows, hawks and dockers. And look at the pies, we smashed them ...for 1 half. And chin up, we have an easy draw - first of all against the team thats only won 1 game this year. This will really kick start our season

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Window Closed! Going to drop off the cliff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back