Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopefully the new wings wont be clipped haha
West-Coast-Away-2014.gif

West-Coast-Away-2012.gif

The vibe I get is that the club wants to let us know but for some reason they can't just yet.

I've waited 15 years for this. A few more months isn't gonna hurt.

Eagles twitter page calling home guernsey "navy trip panel" when asked if we will wear the royal against Carlton. Never heard the club use that term before, only in the RTW article when talking about us campaigners (actual return the wings campaigners, not c**ts)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love the wings back, Simple Royal blue home get-up, yellow away get-up. Pure two colour team, simple design, stands out from all the other rubbish cartoon like designs.

I'm a Richmond member and our clash jumper this year is fantastic, reverse of our normal strip and it looks great.

Grew up in WA, RTW would take you guys back to the good old days, and there is nothing wrong with tradition.

I would love the wings back, Simple Royal blue home get-up, yellow away get-up. Pure two colour team, simple design, stands out from all the other rubbish cartoon like designs.

I'm a Richmond member and our clash jumper this year is fantastic, reverse of our normal strip and it looks great.

Grew up in WA, RTW would take you guys back to the good old days, and there is nothing wrong with tradition.

The sides with the best away/clash guernseys in the comp do this, Hawks (if they just used the brown away, and not the white clash) Pies, Norf, Tigers, and to a lesser extent, Carlton. It could work for almost every team, and be so much easier, instead we have these stupid white things, that majority of the time, have no ties to the original guernsey design, and sometimes don't even use the club colours!!

This does not sit well with me for the following reasons:
a) It is essentially the WA State of Origin guernsey.
b) WCE pilfered the above jumper in a heritage round several years ago.
c) I have said jumper and like to wear it to the odd WCE game.

This does not sit well with me for the following reasons:
a) It is essentially the WA State of Origin guernsey.
b) WCE pilfered the above jumper in a heritage round several years ago.
c) I have said jumper and like to wear it to the odd WCE game.
retort
A) Old State jumper, two versions since then... (I suppose it makes it even easier my AFL team now get to wear my SOO jumper:D )
B) Pilfered is a great word, WCE like to break the law right (enter Cousins joke here)... Plus I think it was wrong they did it considering Freo are in the comp... Just like it was wrong the crows tried to do it last year, but the uproar from port (and funnily plenty of crows supporters) squashed the idea
C) wear it when we play you over there, I think were scheduled to wear our clash over there now!;)

Y'know what?

I have a soft spot for Richmond.

In fact, if anything they would be considered my "Melbourne team" if such a concept were to exist.

Maybe i'll just wear it to RIC vs WCE at the G this year and confuse the hell out of everyone when I cheer raucously for WCE goals. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back