Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised if the only reason we didn't see the peril come in with the navy is because

1. Releasing 2 new jumpers at the same time would likely mean less sales
  2. We'll probably see a peril 30 year jumper this year which wouldn't sell as well alongside a peril clash

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know you guys are annoyed at the lack of wings today but if there's one team the royal wings do clash with it's the Crows.

Two teams with Blue and Gold is not a good combination for contrast.
been wearing royal v adelaide for ages without many bringing attention to it.

Today was the first time ever, we've worn our clash against the crows away, ever! It won't happen in the regular season

I wouldn't be surprised if because of the return of the fuller wings (more gold) and the full hoops (more gold) the AFL might decide there is a clash :( Really hope not though.

Generally agreed, although there are a few pics in shadow from the weekend's game on AFL Photos where you can see the concern.

From the side, the clash, clashes more with the crows home, than our royal does! Clash has a navy side, so why we'd wear it against a navy wearing team, I don't know.

I put it down to being Nab, and wearing random things, like last year when we wore our full royal away kit, against the Blues, in Perth. Normally they'd wear a clash, we'd wear home, but they seem to mix it up a bit in the NAB cup for some strange reason.

Interesting to see whether we wear our Home sponsored clash against the Bombers in a few weeks, or if we wear navy, and they wear the red with white shorts. We've worn clash against them at home in the past, once in the regular season in 2010 (the game Kerr ruined his hammy) and again in the pre season.

340466_gl.jpg

I dont see how this is deemed a clash?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing i'm really rating about the new guernseys is how comfortable they are...for the first time in my life tbh

Making the piping the same material as the rest of the guernsey is a million times better

did anyone ask simmo about his thoughts on the wings and peril when he took over AFL's twitter this morning? Unfortunately i was at work.

did anyone ask simmo about his thoughts on the wings and peril when he took over AFL's twitter this morning? Unfortunately i was at work.

I was going to but I forgot. And I read through all of the questions and answers (he didn't answer much) but there were no questions regarding the wings.

I was going to but I forgot. And I read through all of the questions and answers (he didn't answer much) but there were no questions regarding the wings.
dammit. Imagine if simmo professed his love for the tri panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back