Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been slammed on this thread and others for mentioning one thing off subject yet here we have people talking about food, drinks and banks. Tell me how the **** that is fair mate?
I handed out fliers, met with the club, discussed in multiple times on the podcast, got interviewed for the club website and helped run the Facebook page. QS started this whole thing, single-handedly did an incredible job with the twitter, and basically ran the discussion with Stocksy at the meeting with the club, this doesn't happen without QS. We're not exactly where we want to be, but round 1, we're running out in the ****ing wings jumper. Yeah this thread can get very stupid at times, but I like that, and I think a lot of people like it. It builds a sense of community, and I think this thread has shown the incredible value we can have as a Bigfooty Eagles board community.

Now I need to have a shower after being that nice to QS.

I handed out fliers, met with the club, discussed in multiple times on the podcast, got interviewed for the club website and helped run the Facebook page. QS started this whole thing, single-handedly did an incredible job with the twitter, and basically ran the discussion with Stocksy at the meeting with the club, this doesn't happen without QS. We're not exactly where we want to be, but round 1, we're running out in the ******* wings jumper. Yeah this thread can get very stupid at times, but I like that, and I think a lot of people like it. It builds a sense of community, and I think this thread has shown the incredible value we can have as a Bigfooty Eagles board community.

Okay that's a pretty good speech mate I'll give you that.
Yes I am fully aware of what you guys did and I know everyone who was behind it. Even before I joined up on here I watched this wings movement for ages before joining up as a member on BF. Yous all done a great job especially QS as you mentioned.
Just find it a bit unfair that certain people get treated differently on here but I'm gonna stop with my rants now because ironically I'm the one making it off topic now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I am fully aware of what you guys did and I know everyone who was behind it. Even before I joined up on here I watched this wings movement for ages before joining up as a member on BF. Yous all done a great job especially QS as you mentioned.
Just find it a bit unfair that certain people get treated differently on here but I'm gonna stop with my rants now because ironically I'm the one making it off topic now

I don't remember what you did so it hard to comment on it, but I think at the moment this thread is kind of in a lull period now the navy's back and we're waiting for news on the peril so I think it's more open to a bit of nonsense.

That said I've never had a problem with anyone taking a thread off topic, so it's never bothered me anyway :p

If there's a specific point in this thread where you feel you've been badly treated I'll gladly take a look at it.

It's worth noting that different boards/sub-boards and even threads are treated a bit differently in how they are managed and how close to the original topic they need to say. As others have mentioned, it's the off-season and in the off-season things go off-topic a bit - for the most part we are all pretty cool with that.

Further to that - this thread has become a bit of a sub-community of the Eagles board. As Ochre said, people have contributed in their own ways and that has built a network. We have navy ****ing wings Round 1 and this board, and these people largely did that. Think about that - it's pretty huge. So if people want to have a bit of fun with it now then I say go for it.

Happy to take feedback and as I said, happy to look at anywhere you feel you've been badly treated.

If there's a specific point in this thread where you feel you've been badly treated I'll gladly take a look at it.

It's worth noting that different boards/sub-boards and even threads are treated a bit differently in how they are managed and how close to the original topic they need to say. As others have mentioned, it's the off-season and in the off-season things go off-topic a bit - for the most part we are all pretty cool with that.

Further to that - this thread has become a bit of a sub-community of the Eagles board. As Ochre said, people have contributed in their own ways and that has built a network. We have navy ******* wings Round 1 and this board, and these people largely did that. Think about that - it's pretty huge. So if people want to have a bit of fun with it now then I say go for it.

Happy to take feedback and as I said, happy to look at anywhere you feel you've been badly treated.
I think this thread bucks the trend a little and rightly so.. one day it will have served its purpose (but fortunately that day is not yet, we still have a clash) but I think you're correct in everything you've said.

Enjoy that spearmint milk, you've earned it.

I handed out fliers, met with the club, discussed in multiple times on the podcast, got interviewed for the club website and helped run the Facebook page. QS started this whole thing, single-handedly did an incredible job with the twitter, and basically ran the discussion with Stocksy at the meeting with the club, this doesn't happen without QS. We're not exactly where we want to be, but round 1, we're running out in the ******* wings jumper. Yeah this thread can get very stupid at times, but I like that, and I think a lot of people like it. It builds a sense of community, and I think this thread has shown the incredible value we can have as a Bigfooty Eagles board community.

To be fair, I was bored on a mine site and figured if I started a thread we could build something that might work. Yeah I mucked around on twitter, but I will correct you at the bolded part: this doesn't happen without every single person who ever a) contributed to this thread, b) commented on FB, c) made the RTW facebook page; and d) joined in on twitter to provide some backup. I think it is more accurate to say yes, I may have started the thread, but everyone in this thread actually got the outcome. The latter part of the last passage is the most important :thumbsu:

Further to that - this thread has become a bit of a sub-community of the Eagles board. As Ochre said, people have contributed in their own ways and that has built a network. We have navy ******* wings Round 1 and this board, and these people largely did that. Think about that - it's pretty huge. So if people want to have a bit of fun with it now then I say go for it.

Eh 7/10, just feels mainly like a shitty retread of my post above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this thread bucks the trend a little and rightly so.. one day it will have served its purpose (but fortunately that day is not yet, we still have a clash) but I think you're correct in everything you've said.

Enjoy that spearmint milk, you've earned it.

To be fair, I was bored on a mine site and figured if I started a thread we could build something that might work. Yeah I mucked around on twitter, but I will correct you at the bolded part: this doesn't happen without every single person who ever a) contributed to this thread, b) commented on FB, c) made the RTW facebook page; and d) joined in on twitter to provide some backup. I think it is more accurate to say yes, I may have started the thread, but everyone in this thread actually got the outcome. The latter part of the last passage is the most important :thumbsu:
you're making me tear up now

Until we hear anything about the clash strip there really isn't much we can discuss. I mean seriously, we've got a wings home jumper and an improved away jumper for this year, that's 75% of our mission complete.

We can't really spend an entire year dissecting past achievements or nitpicking about shit like wing size etc. Plus it's off season, so people should feel free to go off topic. We have 22 weeks of the year to be serious and on topic. Everyone just needs to chill.

And when I say chill, I mean Brownes Chill. Chocka Mocha please.

Until we hear anything about the clash strip there really isn't much we can discuss. I mean seriously, we've got a wings home jumper and an improved away jumper for this year, that's 75% of our mission complete.

We can't really spend an entire year dissecting past achievements or nitpicking about shit like wing size etc. Plus it's off season, so people should feel free to go off topic. We have 22 weeks of the year to be serious and on topic. Everyone just needs to chill.

Reckon we've given it a darn good crack!

We can't really spend an entire year dissecting past achievements or nitpicking about shit like wing size etc. Plus it's off season, so people should feel free to go Off Topic. We have 22 weeks of the year to be serious and on topic. Everyone just needs to chill.

FTFY

You started it, and you did more than anyone else on this board. I detest being nice to people so just take this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back