Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did it leading up to Christmas and it drove people a bit mental. People in this very thread were complaining about us going around in circles with the same BS.
I expect more of the same until next year, given that all indications are for a peril clash being pushed by the club. So we'll have something to discuss and speculate on for another 12 months at least I would say.
In the meantime:
* spearmint - what, peppermint's not good enough, you gotta make a version of mint that tastes like mouthwash?
* HJ's - ever since Nando's arrived in Perth, that's been my Fastfood chain of choice and I don't recall buying any HJ's food since. Imagine a Nando's sponsorshop and the tie-in with the wings (I'm referring to chicken wings, for anyone who doesn't follow).
* BankWest - once upon a time, long long ago in a time called the 80s, Bankwest was called R&I, which stood for Rural & Industries. I think this dot point deserves an award for most off-topic statement of this thread. Sorry Shupes :$

I expect more of the same until next year, given that all indications are for a peril clash being pushed by the club. So we'll have something to discuss and speculate on for another 12 months at least I would say.
In the meantime:
* spearmint - what, peppermint's not good enough, you gotta make a version of mint that tastes like mouthwash?
* HJ's - ever since Nando's arrived in Perth, that's been my Fastfood chain of choice and I don't recall buying any HJ's food since. Imagine a Nando's sponsorshop and the tie-in with the wings (I'm referring to chicken wings, for anyone who doesn't follow).
* BankWest - once upon a time, long long ago in a time called the 80s, Bankwest was called R&I, which stood for Rural & Industries. I think this dot point deserves an award for most off-topic statement of this thread. Sorry Shupes :$
From what I remember my dad telling me. R&I became BankWest after one of the dodgy Perth businessmen related to it was found out for fraud or something along those lines?

Dad used to always tells me about dodgy shit that went on in Perth during the 80's and 90's when he worked at one of the councils. Including all the dodgy shit about Observation City. One of the reasons why I'm a bit of a history buff, that shit interests me.

HJ's? You guys don't know opulence. Try Angies pizza and then lets talk.
You're a very angry man.

Gold Coast at home hmmm.... I would say Navy unless they want to hold off until the home and away season
I'm really hoping it is the navy. I wanna see it in action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you all think we'll wear in our next NAB Challenge match?

Gold Coast at home hmmm.... I would say Navy unless they want to hold off until the home and away season
The Eagles will also unveil a new look, with the team to wear its new home guernsey for the first time on Thursday afternoon.

The jumper, featuring gold wings, is a navy blue version of the away guernsey which the West Coast players wore in last year’s Grand Final and is similar to the home strip worn in the late 1990s.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...n/news-story/42771770e9feca8e521a00c51f59f451

so the AFL thinks royal blue and yellow clashed with navy and a bit of yellow and red but navy and black dont.
Totally different, one was a game involving 2 interstate teams and the other was one involving 2 Victorian teams.

Adelaide looking good in a Gold strip :(

The first thing Karl Langdon and Glen Jakovich mentioned on 6PR when Adelaide took the field was how atrocious their away strip was. They even compared it to the Hawthorn blue diamond shocker from the 90s.
:face palm:

The first thing Karl Langdon and Glen Jakovich mentioned on 6PR when Adelaide took the field was how atrocious their away strip was. They even compared it to the Hawthorn blue diamond shocker from the 90s.
:face palm:
It's nowhere on the level of the diamond, but I'm not really a fan of it either. The yellow jumper with white shorts is very nice, but their 2 stripes, one red and one blue, just don't do it for me. Wings will look much nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back