Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok just had a look at AFL Store Morley. They had an adult size S at the front which had a stitched on size tag, but then size M and up had the size printed on to the guernsey. Very strange. Cool to see the size being printed on like player issues now, although player issues printing looks a lot better, this one looks like someone's gone over it with a white out marker. I tried on an L.

Comparing these to the player issue version, these are pretty rubbish.

XtbZiH1.jpg

eB5QOL6.jpg

DKhm4OH.jpg

fL5sPEl.jpg

9EgOccq.jpg
Excellent selfie skills

Yes sponsor logo should be directly beneath the numbers, happy with where the Bankwest logo is.

I'm also glad we're one of the few clubs remaining that have the number right up the top of the guernsey, shits me to tears when there is a big space at the top for no reason and the numbers are basically in the middle of the guernsey.

Once we see the player issue versions of these in navy and royal, we will be pretty close to the perfect (Eagles) guernsey. There's always been one or two things with the previous versions of current wings that have irked me but I can't really fault anything now (the only thing being the new SGI logo but that can't be blamed on Puma).

So nobody has actually bought the wings jumper yet ?
I think a fair majority of us are waiting on our pre-orders.
Wings at the back too fat, and don't curve downwards enough, too horizontal.

God I'm a fussy prick!!!
You shut up and you enjoy your wings. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok just had a look at AFL Store Morley. They had an adult size S at the front which had a stitched on size tag, but then size M and up had the size printed on to the guernsey. Very strange. Cool to see the size being printed on like player issues now, although player issues printing looks a lot better, this one looks like someone's gone over it with a white out marker. I tried on an L.

Comparing these to the player issue version, these are pretty rubbish.

XtbZiH1.jpg

eB5QOL6.jpg

DKhm4OH.jpg

fL5sPEl.jpg

9EgOccq.jpg
someone has been doing their 45

The ochre in the jumper is ruining everything. Why would you have the gold off centre!!!!! The whole logo needs to be gold.
The only reason we have ochre still is because the 2000 rebrand occurred when the ochre guernsey came in. New guernsey (the ochre), new logo, new club colours.

We have since dispensed with the ochre guernsey and the use of ochre as a proper club colour, but until we go for a new logo it would appear we are stuck with some ochre still. It's a hangover from that dim and dark past.

The only reason we have ochre still is because the 2000 rebrand occurred when the ochre guernsey came in. New guernsey (the ochre), new logo, new club colours.

We have since dispensed with the ochre guernsey and the use of ochre as a proper club colour, but until we go for a new logo it would appear we are stuck with some ochre still. It's a hangover from that dim and dark past.
Oh I understand, but it still baffles me the club didn't do a full rebrand with the reintroduction of the wings. Maybe we rushed the club into wings?

Cheers FXD_ for going down and taking some quality pics so us fanboys can rejoice.

I have to say, the guernsey looks even more glorious when it is worn.

Can't wait to see the boys play their first game in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back