With Judd, where do Carlton fans expect to finish in 2008?

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously Carlton will win the flag.**

Judd, Stevens, Walker, Simpson, Carrazzo, Scotland, and Houlihan with Murphy, Betts, Bentick, and Gibbs rotating while Russell, Blackwell, Grigg, Jackson growing/maturing and learning has me very happy indeed. Bring on 2008!

Take out Judd and it's a midfield that may enable you 15th finish (neck injuries and tanking considered). Jason Wild could almost get a gig.

*** I think he point of this post was to get one of you Carlton folk to say this. And then everyone was supposed to jump all over it. Didn't take the bait hey? Not as stupid as we all thought.

Does it have to be Carlton fans?

I think they will improve alot. Judd and Stevens into the midfield, allowing young Murphy to develop without close attention. Further development from other young players.

The problem is their defence leaks goals and still will. I reckon a finish from 9-12 is most likely.

i both agree, and would be happy with this. I think its the year after our big improvement will come

Last year i remember reading that Stevens/Murphy/Gibbs/Simpson were going to be equally as good as the fab 4 from WC + Brisbane. Much laughter ensued.

At least now they have 1 player as good as Judd, Judd.

who really cares where the blues finish next year. They get to watch the best player in the country every single week!!!

That's actually a pretty good point. I enjoyed watching Buckley for many a game.

Screw the my d*ck is bigger than yours 16 inches verses 14/ Pratt vs. Eddie, this man has a point. Yes, I believe Carlton will still be crap and am eagerly awaiting their optimism to be cut to shreds but:

THEY WILL GET TO WATCH AND ENJOY JUDD. And that my friends is something that I think many have overlooked in this whole Judd business.

Thanks and well done mate for pointing out something so obvious, yet something we seem to have all overlooked (maybe not WCE supporters).

I actually woudln't be surprised if the Blues might sneak into the 8. Judd is the best player in the competition and yes, is good enough to lift them a few spots by himself. Add to Judd the fact that both the forward line (Waite, Fisher) and the midfield (Walker, Murphy, Carazzo) seem to have players that are rapidly improving and starting to impose themselves on the competition and I would expect Carlton to be a bolter.

Their defence is still very brittle and this will cost the Blues any chance of being a realistic threat but a big improver and 7th - 10th for me.

Good point by one of the posters above, Carlton have improved their list by 1 player! No point listing all the other players as reasons why they will improve.

Any team can make the eight all thing being equal. But allowing for the average number of things to go wrong (injuries, poor form) and providing they try to win all year about 8 wins.

A few kids are going to have to step up in defence. Very good teams are still likely to give them a touch up.

And I do wonder how much "Judd spectating" will go on.

I think they should be looking at top eight for 2009.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd expect the blues to go close to the premiership

the eagles only won a flag because of judd

no judd = no eagles apparently

so blues with judd should be monties for top 4 and probably grand finallists

Remove this Banner Ad

With Judd, where do Carlton fans expect to finish in 2008?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back