Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're not training MMA every day, you're getting beat up by an MMA fighter. Sean Strickland recently beat up a Navy SEAL without getting out of first gear. I also train with a former US Marine. I'm a 5'6", 70kg IT worker, and can turn the bloke into a pretzel with ease lol

I have no doubt that SSAs are trained in hand-to-hand combat, but you have to consider that MMA fighters and BJJ guys are training every day, multiple times a day. Secret Service are to busy worrying about logistics, firearms, and 100 other things. to be genuinely skilled at fighting. They're far better than the average person, but not better than someone skilled in that area.
This doesn't confirm one way or the other, you're speculating, I'd speculate that ssa's at that level are likely highly skilled hand to hand combat fighters, ok not world champ standard.

Im saying how could the best bodyguards not be men? And people are making the utterly ridiculous argument that actually strength speed and size ISN'T that important for a bodyguard who more often than not has to physically restrain people with their hands, not guns. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves ?

Obviously not saying a women is literally incapable of being a bodyguard, but we're talking about supposedly the best of the best.
There's heaps of them who get to the president quickly - the risk is firearms and explosives and not hand to hand combat.

There's heaps of them who get to the president quickly - the risk is firearms and explosives and not hand to hand combat.

They must be great at handling all types of threats, which is why you'd pick men if you wanted the best possible candidates and didn't care about gender quotas.

Shamefully the secret service now do care about filling gender quotas.

They must be great at handling all types of threats, which is why you'd pick men if you wanted the best possible candidates and didn't care about gender quotas.

You're just being ridiculous -observation skills, understanding of behaviour, teamwork and judgement would all trump strength for the role.

Last edited:

Those poor persecuted elite men. Trained their whole life to babysit Biff Tannen. Whatever will they do for work now?

Do you really understand the job?
Do you?

What do you actually think the job requirements for a SS agent in charge of protection needs to be, and what experience/knowledge do you possess in this area that renders your opinion on this compelling or trustworthy?

No one said it's the only desirable trait, but thanks for pointing that out.

So if women and men are completely equal in all the other traits, but men are bigger faster and stronger, wouldn't that make them the better elite bodyguards for a president?

A yes or no will suffice

So, when did you stop beating your wife?

Because it's a hypothetical derp :drunk:.
You have not been commenting on a hypothetical derp :drunk:

Your whole schtick has been why were women employed in Trump's detail during the actual event that happened on the weekend. Of course in your hypothetical, the answer is yes, the people with speed and strength in addition to everything else should be hired. But how many interview processes have you been involved in where all other traits of the applicants have been "completely equal"?

As a hypothetical its not particularly useful.

But how many interview processes have you been involved in where all other traits of the applicants have been "completely equal"?

As a hypothetical its not particularly useful.

I think Pies should have traded Pendlebury years ago for someone who was equal at everything else but stronger and faster. I don't know why we didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're just being ridiculous -observation skills, understanding of behaviour, teamwork and judgement would all trump strength for the role.

And yet the vast majority of times where there's a security breach it involves the secret service having to use physical strength to restrain the person. You can actually check this on youtube ;)

Do you?

What do you actually think the job requirements for a SS agent in charge of protection needs to be, and what experience/knowledge do you possess in this area that renders your opinion on this compelling or trustworthy?

Why don't you ask that to everyone in the thread? I've seen many videos of secret service having to use physical strength and speed to protect the president or ex-presidents, it's a key area. Actually THE most important one, seeing as other people are in charge of doing the tactical/positioning type decisions.
Those poor persecuted elite men. Trained their whole life to babysit Biff Tannen. Whatever will they do for work now?

Not surprised you respond like this, you have no grasp of reality. This is about choosing the most elite bodyguards to protect the most important person alive, not meeting diversity quotas you keep the incredibly sharp minds like you happy. I look forward to you once again failing to respond to any of my points and rambling about how it's sexist to suggest men might be stronger than women. 😂

it involves the secret service having to use physical strength to restrain the person
And yet despite all the beefy guys clinging on to him, clutching him with their big, strong hands, Trump was still able to stop and stick his head up out from behind his protective officers and endanger himself and others.

And yet despite all the beefy guys clinging on to him, clutching him with their big, strong hands, Trump was still able to stop and stick his head up out from behind his protective officers and endanger himself and others.

That was after they had confirmation the shooter was dead.

You don't think being the one to physically protect the president is a job a man would have a massive advantage in? Genuinely? It's a role that's almost entirely physical. OTHER people behind the scenes are making the tactical decisions

I look forward to you once again failing to respond to any of my points and rambling about how it's sexist to suggest men might be stronger than women. 😂
And this is what your whole argument is about, that bio males are stronger than bio women, (by and large).

But instead of going with that, you've argued it's THE most important aspect of the job, when you don't know if that's really true or not.

Nobody on here would actually know for certain THE most important aspect of the job, and if there is only one.

You're stuck in this rut coz y'know the dimwitted responses will come, like 'Sum wIMMin R sTronGA thN mEN y'NOw'.

Well ignore them, we all know that 'mostly' men are stronger than woman, it's not sexist to point out fact.

If you admit this then you can get out of that hole that you've dug for yourself.

And yet the vast majority of times where there's a security breach it involves the secret service having to use physical strength to restrain the person. You can actually check this on youtube
Getting back to the 95% of the job comment someone made earlier, I'm not sure people establishing and checking perimeters, communicating, and analyzing layouts etc would make for the best YouTube videos.

And yet the vast majority of times where there's a security breach it involves the secret service having to use physical strength to restrain the person. You can actually check this on youtube ;)
It's circles of containment. The inner circle is where you might need strength, but that's given through numbers. THe outer circles are about observation skills, judgement and decision making.

Trump was nearly assassinated due to an outer circle error - unless you've watched too much X Men and think that a man would have been quick enough to intercept the bullet.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

Back