Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

Where the only people recognising it are the ones rallying against it, but also can't define it?
It's regression, a desire to relive the perceived freedoms of your youth unencumbered by the responsibility of adulthood. The big anti woke guys are all middle aged white guys who I assume would like to see a return to the values of the 1980s in the same way that their parents who'd huff and puff about pc gone mad as they gazed through rose tinted spectacles at the 50s.

It's regression, a desire to relive the perceived freedoms of your youth unencumbered by the responsibility of adulthood. The big anti woke guys are all middle aged white guys who I assume would like to see a return to the values of the 1980s in the same way that their parents who'd huff and puff about pc gone mad as they gazed through rose tinted spectacles at the 50s.
Gee, there's some projection if ever I've seen it.

This was kind of the topic of conversation we were discussing comedians we liked, obviously the 'you can't make jokes anymore' guy was there.

I accept that there are jokes that were made in the past that are completely unacceptable now, but so is domestic violence.

So is combating domestic violence woke ?
I don't know if "woke" in the positive sense ever really made it to Australia.
It's awlays a negative, which is why I find posts like 'its a new religion" hilarious.

The only people using it in Australia are those complaining about it. It is more like being anti-woke is the religion while the rest of us are confused as to what exactly we are meant to he scared of

This was kind of the topic of conversation we were discussing comedians we liked, obviously the 'you can't make jokes anymore' guy was there.

I accept that there are jokes that were made in the past that are completely unacceptable now, but so is domestic violence.

So is combating domestic violence woke ?

It's awlays a negative, which is why I find posts like 'its a new religion" hilarious.

The only people using it in Australia are those complaining about it. It is more like being anti-woke is the religion while the rest of us are confused as to what exactly we are meant to he scared of
The 'you can't make those jokes anymore' argument is the laziest one going around. You absolutely can joke about anything if you have the intent and tact correct. Daniel Sloss made a one-hour special about his friend being r*ped by a man he introduced her to. Anthony Jesselnik makes abortion jokes all the time, Jimmy Carr has made holocaust jokes. None of them are on the 'cancellation list' though Carr comes closest.

Then you get the fact that Chappelle, Gervais and co. are all making the jokes you're not allowed to make anyway and there are plenty of people chuckling along. They make jokes some people say you shouldn't make anymore and do it anyway with the blessing of a multibillion-dollar company.

The 'you can't make those jokes anymore' argument is the laziest one going around. You absolutely can joke about anything if you have the intent and tact correct. Daniel Sloss made a one-hour special about his friend being r*ped by a man he introduced her to. Anthony Jesselnik makes abortion jokes all the time, Jimmy Carr has made holocaust jokes. None of them are on the 'cancellation list' though Carr comes closest.

Then you get the fact that Chappelle, Gervais and co. are all making the jokes you're not allowed to make anyway and there are plenty of people chuckling along. They make jokes some people say you shouldn't make anymore and do it anyway with the blessing of a multibillion-dollar company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I meant more like crystals and DEI but go off king.
Yes it was a well thought out and robust definition no doubt :tearsofjoy:

You probably could have just posted this to be honest

everything-i-dont-like-is-woke-v0-z2bb9wblrioa1.jpg

Last edited:
I would personally define 'woke' as the promotion of any contemporary: social, pseudo or environmental science for the sake of such promotion's sake while ignoring, or to the detriment of, merit, equality of opportunity or reason.
You don’t get to define the meaning of words that have been in existence for a century or more little boy!👍

Last edited by a moderator:
I would personally define 'woke' as the promotion of any contemporary: social, pseudo or environmental science for the sake of such promotion's sake while ignoring, or to the detriment of, merit, equality of opportunity or reason.

All those covid freedom fighters - woke?

What word do you give to promotion of Russian propaganda for money to the detriment of reason?

Fantasy... conspiracy... delusion maybe?
Fantastic that you champion reason but refuse to look at evidence.

The DOJ also filed criminal charges against two Russian nationals who are employees of Russian-state backed RT. Kostiantyn Kalashnikov, 31, also known as Kostya, and Elena Afanasyeva, 27, also known as Lena, were charged with violations of the Foreign Agents Registration Act and conspiracy to commit money laundering. They are accused of orchestrating the financing of a $10 million content operation in Tennessee to publish videos on major social media channels.​
The indictment does not disclose the name of the company, but noted that it had “posted nearly 2,000 videos that have garnered more than 16 million views on YouTube alone.”​
The indictment shows how the company tried to lure commentators with lucrative contracts, negotiated by one of its founders, identified as “founder-1.” According to the indictment, one commentator’s contract provided for a monthly payout of $400,000 plus a $100,000 signing bonus and an additional performance bonus to host four weekly videos livestreamed by the company. Another commentator’s contract provided $100,000 payments per video. The indictment alleges that “founder-1” and another company individual, identified as “founder-2,” worked with the two Russians but concealed the true source of funding from the commentators. Instead, they created a fictional persona, Eduard Grigoriann, as the financier, according to the indictment.​
The Tennessean reported that the company was Tenet Media, a network of commentators that includes figures on the right including Dave Rubin, Benny Johnson and Tim Pool.​

They claim they were fooled into promoting Russian propaganda.

In a post on X, Pool wrote that his podcast was licensed by Tenet. “Should these allegations prove true, I as well as the other personalities and commentators were deceived and are victims,” he wrote. “I cannot speak for anyone else at the company as to what they do or to what they are instructed.”

The company’s description matches that of Tenet Media, according to a review by NBC News of details included in the indictment. Prosecutors said that the website of “Company-1” describes itself as a “network of heterodox commentators that focus on Western political and cultural issues,” the exact same language used by Tenet Media on its website and social media channels.​
Details included in the indictment match those of two of Tenet’s personalities: Rubin and Pool.​
....​
The indictment lays out how RT officials [used] U.S. citizens who acted as intermediaries to pro-Trump political commentators, communicating with them about strategy, payment negotiations and video distribution.​

They have receipts, brother...

In one exchange, company officials in internal communications said that “Commentator-1” — likely Rubin — said “it would need to be closer to 5 million yearly for him to be interested,” while “Commentator-2” — likely Pool — said “it would take 100k per weekly episode to make it worth his while.”​
The conservative grifters were sometimes TOO open about it:

The indictment further alleges the RT operatives pushed the U.S. commentators to share the Russian-funded content with their larger audiences and openly worried about how few of their “raw videos” were being posted by certain of the company’s talent.​
The Russian government has tried this before, many many times, as have all countries taken part in influence campaigns. This one is especially successful:
“This is a podcaster who’s reaching millions and has connections to get him in front of Trump. So yeah, this would be the most influential person that they’ve been able to somehow support.”​

Tenet’s website lists six influencers who provide content, including Pool, Johnson, Rubin, Lauren Southern, Tayler Hansen and Matt Christiansen.​

Nobody has ever had any editorial control but them!

Oh wait, here they are getting paid to blame Ukrainians for a mass shooting publicly claimed by Islamic State:

In one instance, the indictment said, one of the RT employees asked the company to produce a video that would blame Ukraine and the United States for a mass shooting at a Moscow music venue, the justice department said, even though Islamic State had claimed responsibility. A company founder responded that one of the commentators is “happy to cover it”, according to the indictment.​
But THEY are the victims? Hilarious!

Johnson, who has 2.7 million followers on X, said he was “disturbed by the allegations in today’s indictment, which make clear that myself and other influencers were victims in this alleged scheme”.​

They claim they were fooled into taking money from this company.

But, as has been pointed out:
  • Why are they taking $100,000 a video/week to promote ANY political viewpoint?

• Why are they saying they are happy to make a video with facts they know are wrong?

• And even just posting raw videos from their paymasters - so brazen that even the Russians got worried it was too obvious!

This is EXACTLY what they claim the "left wing media" do in relation to reporting on anything from global warming science to trans rights!

nuclear blast explosã£o GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

Back