Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It needs to be said, Kathy Sherrif has not popped up in the last month, her allegations first appeared 8 years ago.

At least there is one article calling out the selective outrage.

Why don't we #ibelievekathy ?

Postmodernism is the seed of this bullshit.

Its the screaming of underemployed humanities graduates in the west, crying out against their utterly predictable lack of economic progress. "ooh, it cant by MY fault! Its the patriarchy/ evil bankers / Murdoch/ neo nazis/ white men".

Parody? Trying to listen to an Arts grad attempt to lecture anyone on economics or the "science" of "global warming" is always amusing.

The anti-religous woke are really only anti-christianity or anti-juadism. It is doesn't fit the narrative to criticise the others regardless of whether you have a consistent position across the board.

Yeah nah, massive protests all across the UK against the industrial scale rape of girls by men of a certain religion. Oh wait, may have that wrong.

Last edited:
Its the screaming of underemployed humanities graduates in the west, crying out against their utterly predictable lack of economic progress. "ooh, it cant by MY fault! Its the patriarchy/ evil bankers / Murdoch/ neo nazis/ white men".

Parody? Trying to listen to an Arts grad attempt to lecture anyone on economics or the "science" of "global warming" is always amusing.

You have nailed it perfectly.

"Minority sex servant"?

Further proof that wokism is built upon racist labeling.
It’s not just built on racist labelling, it’s built on racism. Wokeism is as racist as nazism. Excluding the death stuff although if wokeists got power then who knows where it would lead.

It’s not just built on racist labelling, it’s built on racism. Wokeism is as racist as nazism.

I don't even slightly doubt it.

The act of categorizing all persons of a particular race as victims, is text book racism.

The act of categorizing all persons of a particular race as perpertrators, is text book racism.

Wokeism = racism. It's just that the power dynamic is reversed. We can thank postmodernism in academia for creating this.

I don't even slightly doubt it.

The act of categorizing all persons of a particular race as victims, is text book racism.

The act of categorizing all persons of a particular race as perpertrators, is text book racism.

Wokeism = racism. It's just that the power dynamic is reversed. We can thank postmodernism for this.
The act of categorising race as one of the most important attributes of your identity is text book racism.

the act of saying only certain races can wear these clothes, cook these foods and listen to this music is text book racism.

wokeism = racism

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point is I’m not aware of anyone credible saying there is enough evidence available to warrant re-opening this case.

Credible?

Like Penny Wong, Sarah Hanson-Young and Louise Milligan?

Lots of defensive blokes on here re anyone calling out racism or sexism.

Call anyone who does so woke, makes me feel better.

Long may we all have the right to feel offended as white middle-class males.

Long may we have the right to call someone woke, the new political correctness.

Meanwhile, sexual assault continues against women (oh yeah happens to men too) but lets make ourselves feel bette by posting on here all day about the scary woke.

Lots of defensive blokes on here re anyone calling out racism or sexism.

Call anyone who does so woke, makes me feel better.

Long may we all have the right to feel offended as white middle-class males.

Long may we have the right to call someone woke, the new political correctness.

Meanwhile, sexual assault continues against women (oh yeah happens to men too) but lets make ourselves feel bette by posting on here all day about the scary woke.

I do enjoy these teenage level psychological stunts. Calling out fabrications is now apparently deemed as "defensive".

The notion of investigating whether something actually IS racist or sexist is just not open for discussion.

If you even question the position, then the generic rebuttal is that you automatically have psychological inadequacies.

Don't ask "why", just ask "how high"!

Umm, I think that’s a given.

My point is I’m not aware of anyone credible saying there is enough evidence available to warrant re-opening this case.

Sheesh man, read the last part of my post properly and stop trying with the gotchas.
To be consistent, bringing nuance to the debate won't be tolerated.

I do enjoy these teenage level psychological stunts. Calling out fabrications is now apparently deemed as "defensive".

The notion of investigating whether something actually IS racist or sexist is just not open for discussion.

If you even question the position, then the generic rebuttal is that you automatically have psychological inadequacies.

Don't ask "why", just ask "how high"!

thanks for proving my point, enjoy your day

To be consistent, bringing nuance to the debate won't be tolerated.
I am perfectly willing to welcome nuance. I have already stated I don’t know the particulars of the allegation against Bill Shorten.

But we know there’s plenty of people that do, and that like all high-profile politicians he has no shortages of rivals across the chamber and within his own party, and that those rivals have plenty of allies in the press, and that those allies wouldn’t hesitate to call a pile-on onto Shorten if they felt it could be sustained.

But they haven’t, so we have to assume they’re either (a) playing a long game (and it’s impressively long, if so), or (b) that they would not stoop so low as to politicise allegations of sexual assault (nah, get real) or (c) that they’ve made a judgement call that there’s not enough substance to the allegations, but that there is in the case of Porter.

My money’s on (c), but I welcome further nuance. But not whataboutery.

This thread is the best laugh I've had in ages! It's hilarious just how much middle-aged men froth at the mouth over the way the world is changing. Unfortunately for you, you're just going to fall further and further behind the times, but hey, at least you being out of touch will remain funny for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back