Socceroos World Cup Qualifiers Socceroos V China/Japan

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that, but I reckon we lean way too heavily into the scrappy mentality. I personally would rather see us lose and show we are on the road to playing a level of football that might win something one day.

This is idiotic rubbish that takes results for granted, and dare I suggest must come from someone too young to remember when we didn't qualify for shit.

Yeah nah this moral victory bullshit can **** off along with Bazball.

Go support England if that's what you want, reminder that we have more trophies than them in the last 50 years.
Bit of an overreaction there mate. Idgaf about England and I don’t see why you’d bring up cricket in this conversation.

Did you watch the game? We were shithouse. If that’s the way we’re going about our football we’re basically conceding we’re happy to be a 30-50 ranked side. What’s the point?

Bit of an overreaction there mate. Idgaf about England and I don’t see why you’d bring up cricket in this conversation.

Did you watch the game? We were shithouse. If that’s the way we’re going about our football we’re basically conceding we’re happy to be a 30-50 ranked side. What’s the point?
The point is to qualify for World Cups. You think it’s easy to just play Japan off the park in Japan? No we went there to get a result and we did mission accomplished.

This is idiotic rubbish that takes results for granted, and dare I suggest must come from someone too young to remember when we didn't qualify for shit.
I’ll tell you what’s idiotic - the idea that tonight’s result was anything other than pure ass. I’m old enough to remember being roughly equal to Japan as a side - only the most demented homeboy would make that claim now.

I get that, but I reckon we lean way too heavily into the scrappy mentality. I personally would rather see us lose and show we are on the road to playing a level of football that might win something one day.
In Asia? Not a chance

It’s a scrappy horrific region. The Arabs can never let you play attacking.

Japan and Korea struggle against these types.

Results are so important

Remove this Banner Ad

Socceroos World Cup Qualifiers Socceroos V China/Japan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back