Worsfold - very impressive and forthright

Remove this Banner Ad

BBBZZZZZZZZZ

INCORRECT !

push rewind on your VHS......this problem began while he was coaching in Melbourne and on his return he tried to stamp it out but was lied to by addicted footballers

not only that, but without proof, and the third positive drug test, there is nothing the club can do. They cant suspend a player because of people ringing up with rumours and innuendo.

BBBZZZZZZZZZ

INCORRECT !

push rewind on your VHS......this problem began while he was coaching in Melbourne and on his return he tried to stamp it out but was lied to by addicted footballers

Exactly how much did he try to stamp it out?
Cousins had problems since before last July, it has taken at least 9 months for any discernible action.
A player nearly dies and the the club doesn't investigate, even though Worsfold admitted he was constantly having the drug issue raised by the public.
Cousins is found lying in a drunken stupor and the club does not discipline him.
Kerr's taxi incident results in yet another warning.
Chick has recieved no disciplinary action for missing traing & being involved in physical altercations.

Simply Worsfold took a leaf out of the politician's handbook; plausible denialability or the Sergeant Schulz defence.

i thought it was rivetting viewing. one bloke on national tv with only his wits to defend him and he came through with flying colours. don't forget the fact that he could have chosen not to appear and left it up to someone else to make statements but instead appeared live to face the music. top effort

While I was impressed - I think you are incorrectly of the opinion that the questions asked were not scripted or provided in advance. If you look at some of Worsfolds behavior (notably looking down), as well as the lack of follow up questions on areas which should have been followed up - I'd suspect the questions and interview "rules" were provided in advance.

It's in the TV stations interests to do this - otherwise they miss out on the interview. It happens pretty frequently.

He was impressive, but as others said the referring to rumours and target testing of other players is a bit ominous is'nt it. Will it take another media frenzy for them to act on these suspected players if found out, or will it be hush hush when the spotlight is turned off?

While I was impressed - I think you are incorrectly of the opinion that the questions asked were not scripted or provided in advance. If you look at some of Worsfolds behavior (notably looking down), as well as the lack of follow up questions on areas which should have been followed up - I'd suspect the questions and interview "rules" were provided in advance.

It's in the TV stations interests to do this - otherwise they miss out on the interview. It happens pretty frequently.

It was not co-incidence that no one asked John which 5 players were tested when he admitted that the board had requested targeted testing for the 5 players. This is the first time anyone at the club has confirmed they asked for the tests and that there were was the need to test 5 players.

Hutchy just sat there on his hands.

DST
:D

The only reason he was there was because he can't control his club. :rolleyes:

How about we start threads congratulating the other 15 AFL coaches.

You abviously missed the interview. everyone here is saying how much of a great leader he has been and how well he was handled this delicate situation.

I'd like to now how you would have handled it, where would you have finished on the ladder last year and in what state would cousins be with you as his coach? I can only imagine

further proof that you are a just pathetic troll. :)

Gunnar says its all a beat up and you praise one of the culprits who fell asleep at the wheel and let a nasty drug culture flourish and take hold of a premiership club. But you think Woosha has put it to bed and its all done and dusted with one interview of the telly. From denial to delusion

He was impressive, but as others said the referring to rumours and target testing of other players is a bit ominous is'nt it. Will it take another media frenzy for them to act on these suspected players if found out, or will it be hush hush when the spotlight is turned off?

His point was that the problem for a ll coaches is you cant do anything with the suspected players. drug users will lie about it, and without proof, rumour and innuendo means nothing and cant be acted on. Its not a matter of hush hush, if sometold told the coach of 'unlisted' that player x was on drugs, is he supposed to go to the media with that?

Its only when the player starts missing training that you can do anything.

I got distracted part of the way thru what did he say about chick having a problem or that gave people the idea he also has a problem??

By virtue of the fact that John admitted that 2 players that were tested had to be brought into the club as they were not present. We know that to be Cousins & Chick.

For the first time tonight, we learnt that the West Coast board requested the targeted tests and that they felt obligied to ask for 5 players to be tested. They only thing West Coast didn't know was when the tests were to be completed as this is at the descretion of the testing agency.

Go back a week and Goodings comments on the footy show at that time makes perfect sense, he knew the tests were coming and was preparing the footy world for the aftermarth.

DST

The only reason he was there was because he can't control his club. :rolleyes:

Sorry - but you and I clearly have different opinions of what a coach should and can do. I expect a coach to inspire & develop my players. I expect him to have a vision for the future, and plan on how to get there. I expect him to have a match plan for how we will win, and match plans for how we will beat each opponent every week.

I don't expect him to follow the players every move and baby sit them. Worsfold came across as someone confused and concerned about drug use - and not knowing what to do. He was open and honest about this. If you'd like - your team can employ someone from the Turning Point Drug and Alcohol Centre as you coach. Personally I'd prefer someone with a football background.

I wish people would stop trolling on team lines against individuals. This is not a team issue. This is a community, AFL and individual issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunnar says its all a beat up and you praise one of the culprits who fell asleep at the wheel and let a nasty drug culture flourish and take hold of a premiership club. But you think Woosha has put it to bed and its all done and dusted with one interview of the telly. From denial to delusion

further pathetic trolling. :eek:

I can sense the pain of that one point loss is still strong within you. Dont worry, you may get to cliam pwnership in 9 days :thumbsu:

if you think this little hicup in any way increases the swans premiership changes, then good luck to you :D :D

I got distracted part of the way thru what did he say about chick having a problem or that gave people the idea he also has a problem??

Im not sure he actually said Chick's name, but he said 2 of the 5 players that needed to be tested were'nt at training. Benny was'nt there as we know and i think it was reported Chick also missed a training session. That's how I perceived the Chick reference anyway.

His point was that the problem for a ll coaches is you cant do anything with the suspected players. drug users will lie about it, and without proof, rumour and innuendo means nothing and cant be acted on. Its not a matter of hush hush, if sometold told the coach of 'unlisted' that player x was on drugs, is he supposed to go to the media with that?

Its only when the player starts missing training that you can do anything.

Officially, what about un-officially? hire a PI for example, do your own drug test if your concerned about it.

further pathetic trolling. :eek:

I can sense the pain of that one point loss is still strong within you. Dont worry, you may get to cliam pwnership in 9 days :thumbsu:

if you think this little hicup in any way increases the swans premiership changes, then good luck to you :D :D

Your mobs got to get past the sniffer dogs at the airport first. And thats not a certainty

It was not co-incidence that no one asked John which 5 players were tested when he admitted that the board had requested targeted testing for the 5 players. This is the first time anyone at the club has confirmed they asked for the tests and that there were was the need to test 5 players.

Hutchy just sat there on his hands.

DST

Do you honestly think that suspected druggies would legally be allowed to be named on national television? The clubs do not even have the right to the test results.

West Coast HAVE A SERIOUS DRUG CULTURE PROBLEM, we ALL know this, but unfortunately or more to the point, fortunately, names aren't allowed to be published.

DST it seems if some of your type had your way we'd have the death penalty for drug offences. :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Worsfold - very impressive and forthright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back