Worsfold - very impressive and forthright

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not sure he actually said Chick's name, but he said 2 of the 5 players that needed to be tested were'nt at training. Benny was'nt there as we know and i think it was reported Chick also missed a training session. That's how I perceived the Chick reference anyway.

Officially, what about un-officially? hire a PI for example, do your own drug test if your concerned about it.

did you not see the interview? clubs are not allowed to do their own drug test.

woosha acted as a friend and great mentor and tried to encourage ben to seek help, when that failed, all he could do was wait for ben to slip up again.

i would like to know what you would have done differently and if you would have acted in the interest of the health and well being of the player

Drummond said:
GoBackToVFL said:
Drummond said:
Umm i saw the interview, but im not blind and stupid. wow he's so great for coming on the footy show and revealing all. why did it take him this long to admit there is an issue, and why did he let it get so bad. man everyone is making me sick with all their love for the tool that is woosha. he's gutless.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7008498&postcount=60
load of rubbish. you can serve me the trash about how he's only a coach and he can't babysit them all day long, but he spends a heck of a lot of time with them and i would like to think he would KNOW if someone was under the influence of drugs or not. how stupid can you be.

jeeeeeezzzz.....

of couse he knew he was on drugs and knew ben was lying to him, but unless he's actually doing anything wrong like bad performance, missing training or has been told by the AFL of a negative drug test, he cant suspend him, all he can do, which he was doing, is try to convince him to get profession help.

were you on drugs during the interview or something?

i can understand if you didn't like woosha before the interview, but really, the way he has acting in this is far better and with more consideration of the players heath, than i'm sure you would have done.

Worsfold admits theyve suspected Cousins was on drugs for a long time.

COusins has done all sorts of crap including all the underworld stuff, booze bus stuff etc.

WCE had excuse to take strong action since July 06 when he first no showed for training. Nothing discernible happened except for some vague reference to a letter (wtf?) and some stern words (wtf again?)

Amid an escalating flurry of drug rumours about WCE, Andrew Rule writes a full on story about the club that turns the heat up mega watts.

All of a sudden WCE get tough and suspend cousins.

:rolleyes:

Worsfold admits theyve suspected Cousins was on drugs for a long time.

COusins has done all sorts of crap including all the underworld stuff, booze bus stuff etc.

WCE had excuse to take strong action since July 06 when he first no showed for training. Nothing discernible happened except for some vague reference to a letter (wtf?) and some stern words (wtf again?)

Amid an escalating flurry of drug rumours about WCE, Andrew Rule writes a full on story about the club that turns the heat up mega watts.

All of a sudden WCE get tough and suspend cousins.

:rolleyes:
Whereas you would have just kicked him out immediately. What a great leader you will make. :rolleyes:

keep flippin those burgers mate :thumbsu:

Do you honestly think that suspected druggies would legally be allowed to be named on national television? The clubs do not even have the right to the test results.

West Coast HAVE A SERIOUS DRUG CULTURE PROBLEM, we ALL know this, but unfortunately or more to the point, fortunately, names aren't allowed to be published.

DST it seems if some of your type had your way we'd have the death penalty for drug offences. :confused:

Stop right there Coastal Rocks, go back and have a look at my posts.

I do not advocate jail for someone using drugs that should be reserved for pushers and suppliers.

What I do advocate, is a policy of the club knowing after the first positive test which will then hopefully allow them to provide adequate help at that point in time so the player can remain part of the team and playing.

My comments on the interview was that none of the panel even enquired to John about why all public comments from the club so far indicated there was no extended problem when the board clearly thought 5 players were suspicous enough to order targeted testing.

No names just a question to ask why the difference in public comments and private thoughts?

DST
:D

did you not see the interview? clubs are not allowed to do their own drug test.

woosha acted as a friend and great mentor and tried to encourage ben to seek help, when that failed, all he could do was wait for ben to slip up again.

i would like to know what you would have done differently and if you would have acted in the interest of the health and well being of the player

Did you not read my post, I said un-officially, screw the AFL if you are truly concerned.

I don't coach the Eagles but as i said I would have hired a PI to follow him around if I truly beleived he was on drugs, caught him out much sooner and handled it alot quieter alot earlier. Something along the lines of Ben has an injury and will be missing indefinetely to the public, while secretly he goes to re-hab or whatever.

Did you not read my post, I said un-officially, screw the AFL if you are truly concerned.

I don't coach the Eagles but as i said I would have hired a PI to follow him around if I truly beleived he was on drugs, caught him out much sooner and handled it alot quieter alot earlier. Something along the lines of Ben has an injury and will be missing indefinetely to the public, while secretly he goes to re-hab or whatever.

While it is convenient to know what is going on - rather then be lied to by the players concerned - it's ethically a very, very grey area (and I'd argue unethical) to hire a PI to dig into a players private life.

Major issues about where you draw lines (no pun intended), when do you call in the PI - who's rumour is strong enough? What you do if you find out something you expected, what you do if you find out something unexpected (for instance - player was behaving suspiciously because he was gay).

Big Footy and law ethics - whoda thunk it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its in the players contract, they simply cant ask a player to do the test?

and getting a PI to follow your players around? please, how much faith would your players have in you after they found out you had them followed?

sam really made himself look like a ******** today. i can tolerate some of his comedy but kicking someone when theyre down then acting all cool with the coach just made me understand why some people really hate him. lost a lot of respect from me tonight.

While it is convenient to know what is going on - rather then be lied to by the players concerned - it's ethically a very, very grey area (and I'd argue unethical) to hire a PI to dig into a players private life.

Major issues about where you draw lines (no pun intended), when do you call in the PI - who's rumour is strong enough? What you do if you find out something you expected, what you do if you find out something unexpected (for instance - player was behaving suspiciously because he was gay).

Big Footy and law ethics - whoda thunk it?

It is un-ethical, but it would get the job done.
(to the bolded parts)
When you truly beleive they are on drugs.
If their gay you do nothing, being gay is'nt an issue.

its in the players contract, they simply cant ask a player to do the test?

and getting a PI to follow your players around? please, how much faith would your players have in you after they found out you had them followed?

About as much faith you'd have in them after you found out thy're a lieing junkie. It's a commonly known fact heavy drug users are liers, hence the saying "never trust a junkie". And if afterall your assumptions were incorrect any PI worth his job would be un detected by the player and you move on as normal.

sam really made himself look like a ******** today. i can tolerate some of his comedy but kicking someone when theyre down then acting all cool with the coach just made me understand why some people really hate him. lost a lot of respect from me tonight.

Yeah that was a bit poor by Sam.

Woosh is a legend! :thumbsu:

While I was impressed - I think you are incorrectly of the opinion that the questions asked were not scripted or provided in advance. If you look at some of Worsfolds behavior (notably looking down), as well as the lack of follow up questions on areas which should have been followed up - I'd suspect the questions and interview "rules" were provided in advance.

It's in the TV stations interests to do this - otherwise they miss out on the interview. It happens pretty frequently.

lawyers of the type mad dog likes would have been up to their necks in the shows prep.

similar to the hird mclaren incident years ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Worsfold - very impressive and forthright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back