Worst Performance in AFL history.

Is WCE loss to Hawthorn this round the worst performance in modern AFL history

• Yes

Votes: 75 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 41 35.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've asked an injury question in the WCE time for rebuild, and I'll ask another couple here.

Are Freo getting these injuries? Pointing to Perth Stadium as a probable cause?

If not, could it be Lathlain Park? WCE moved there in 2019 after Subi was closed.

Or is it their HP dept generally?

collision injuries happen

players prone to soft tissue injury should be the most diligent. NicNat and Yeo return overweight. Club wonders why they break down again.

The 186 pt loss by Melb to Geelong is the worst performance of a team in modern times
That Geelong team was pretty special tho, they only lost three games for the season and the team they beat in the grand final only lost two in the home and away season (both to Geelong).

A lot of off-field stuff led to that one, from memory the effort was a protest of sorts against the board at the time, who were going to stand down before sacking Bailey instead.

That Geelong team was pretty special tho, they only lost three games for the season and the team they beat in the grand final only lost two in the home and away season (both to Geelong).

A lot of off-field stuff led to that one, from memory the effort was a protest of sorts against the board at the time, who were going to stand down before sacking Bailey instead.

Yeah it was a dark time for the Dees and the 186 pt thumping became a catalyst for change. After the years of headaches and heartaches it eventually paid off.

The Geelong team was unbelievably talented

I'm going to state that I consider the AFL to have become a fully professional organisation for teams in 2000.

The Eagles have just lost to a team that was 18th on the ladder with a % of 60 by 116 points. I have seen the lows of Carlton, Essendon, GWS, GC, Freo, Richmond and even teams like Melbourne go the deliberate tank.

There was no tanking by WCE today which is all the more damning. I am trying to reconcile this. This in my mind is the single worst performance put in by a team in AFL history by West Coast.

Just beaten by a team at the top of their game. Won’t be the last one this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno about the worst individual AFL performance, there have been a few one goal games in the AFL era, but we're probably the worst a team has ever been in the AFL era, over a period of a few months.

Does the constant travel to and from Western Australia impact on the likelihood of injury?

Didn't seem to be an issue for thirty years. The travel does impact career longevity though.

The current injury problems they have (which Freo don't) are either their fitness team or this particular group of players.

I can’t believe some people still talk about injuries.

I don’t care if you only have the bottom 22 players on your list fit… they’re AFL footballers and don’t lose to Hawthorn by 100 points.

There are massive issues at West Coast. Simpson and his crew have clearly completely lost the players.
Is anyone shocked that injury prone players like Naitanui and Yeo are injured? Shuey, Hurn, McGovern, Darling, Cripps etc. it’s not just bad luck, their list is filled with old players, can’t be relying on 30+ year olds to consistently be fit and healthy

2023 WC is worse than 2022 WC, and 2022 WC were about the same as 2022 North. So i think we're worse.
North 2022 were losing almost weekly by 10 goals or more, including a 108 point loss to Brisbane and a 112 point loss to Geelong. Finshed 18th having won only 2 games for the season at 55%. Our injury list wasn't a patch of what you guys are currently suffering now either. We were worse.

Didn't seem to be an issue for thirty years. The travel does impact career longevity though.

The current injury problems they have (which Freo don't) are either their fitness team or this particular group of players.
Freo haven't seemed to have had issues regarding longevity with 2 350+ players

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst Performance in AFL history.

Back