Worst Supporters in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Although I live in Sydney, I would rather poke my eyes out than go to a game at the SCG.

I love football.. Not because of my team, but just for the love of the game. I love everything about it and can actually watch any team play (apart from what has been said on this board, I can probably actually name players from other teams), but the Swans fans have no idea.

I love it when you go to a game in Melbourne and you can wear your colours even if your team isn't playing. The clapping fools over the border aren't quite sure about loyalty to your team when they aren't on the ground in front of you.

It is a shame, cos when you do meet a Swans supporter who actually does have a clue, they are generally quite nice. But they are hard to find...

Then again, I could be a bit bitter after the Swans supporter tried to hit me after they won the Grand Final in 2005.
I am a girl.

Is your name Adam Selwood?

geelong fans seem to believe their own hype alot (geelong advertiser). they were calling for bombers head before and now hes a hero and each player deserves a page in the local fish and chips paper.

not all eagles fans are bad. i know a few who reckon cousins shouldnt be allowed back, and even admit they have a culture issue.

Dorkers win this Award (only thing they have ever won ).
This Passionate group of supporters turn on their own very quickly:thumbsdown:
Just go back to 04/05 where the players and coaches were Booed and Objects being hurled at them as they walked of the oval.
Even had to ban Alcohol at the after game functions:eek: as quite a few of their Passionate Supporters just got to Passionate.

Second place goes to Syd an Nee.
Now here is a group of supporters that well just dont support.
Been to quite a few games at the SCG and Telstra and you could hear a pin drop it was that quiet.
Plus i hate going to the Syd an Nee games as i am forever beibg asked to explain the Rules to all around me:D

But they are pretty good at shouting BaaaLLLLLL:p

Yepp...the effect is definitely more noticeable outside here. You get the impression most dont actually know any players from other clubs...totally insular with no idea what is going on outside the weagles.

They'll talk about whether Lynchy or Juddy or Glassy (everyone gets a nickname) will absolutely dominate this weekend but if u simply ask who they are playing many wouldnt even know that.

Whats the capital of Queensland ?....WCE fan answer: goooo juddyyyyyy !!!!
Who is the Prime Minister? ....Embers should be !!!

I've always put it down to simply living in an isolated environment.

I can't believe a swannies supporter would call us ignorant and claim we don't know anything beyond our own team. It's like Amanda Vanstone calling you fat.

I was working in Sydney two years ago and on the Friday before the Grand Final a woman that worked in the office came into work proudly wearing her Swans scarf. I wished her team luck for the big day and her reply mentioned that she hoped that Tony Lockett would kick lots of goals.

Priceless.

I love going to the footy and go to every Eagles match as well as the majority of dockers match (my brother is ******ed and somehow contracted the purple disease and thus membership) and from my point of view the Eagles fans are by far and away more knowlegable and gracious in defeat and victory than dorker supporters.

It is very uncommon to hear any abuse directed towards opposition fans at an eagles match (even vs Essendon or Sydney) and often you hear opposition supporters get congradulated if their team put up a good fight whereas at dockers matches everybody gets abused the old lady who sits in front of us has a mouth on her worse than a gangbanger out of south central

Adelaide supporters hands down, got spat on at Football park by Crows ferals for wearing a Bulldog scarf.

Love the story about Kym Koster, (after leaving Dogs to go to crows)came out of training to find his car had been trashed....his crime? He still had Victorian plates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Try living in the Geelong area and not supporting Geelong. Apparantely 35% of the population of Greater Geelong barracks for Geelong. Well, that's 65% of us who don't, and what do we get saturated with in the paper and the radio?
Strangely enough I always found the old Fitzroy fans when they were in the comp as Fitzroy (not the Bears) to be completely feral...almost scary.

Dorkers win this Award (only thing they have ever won ).
This Passionate group of supporters turn on their own very quickly:thumbsdown:
Just go back to 04/05 where the players and coaches were Booed and Objects being hurled at them as they walked of the oval.
Even had to ban Alcohol at the after game functions:eek: as quite a few of their Passionate Supporters just got to Passionate.

Second place goes to Syd an Nee.
Now here is a group of supporters that well just dont support.
Been to quite a few games at the SCG and Telstra and you could hear a pin drop it was that quiet.
Plus i hate going to the Syd an Nee games as i am forever beibg asked to explain the Rules to all around me:D

But they are pretty good at shouting BaaaLLLLLL:p

Hmmm.....A weegirls supporter nominating Freo and Sydney. Nope...no bias there at all.

Come on mate, just admit it........You've never been to the footy have you?

Hmmm.....A weegirls supporter nominating Freo and Sydney. Nope...no bias there at all.

Come on mate, just admit it........You've never been to the footy have you?

Just out of interest, what has bias got to do with a thread about who's supporters you like the least. Thats confusing:confused:. You hate who you hate

You'll find many eagles supporters nominating sydney and freo, somewhat due to the rivalry, but probably more to do with the fact that:

A. West coast eagle fans are bluing with freo fans almost every day around the water cooler. Not surprising there isnt a lot of love for each other.

B. Sydney and freo are the source of most eagle targeted trolls on here.

Try living in W.A.

Actually there is alot of good Eagle fans here on big footy. Because they actually take an interest in other sides and generally know about there opposition. Ask the average Eagle fan on the street who there favorite player from another club is and it will be a long pause and then(insert a docker player here) NFI.

i feel your pain i lived in broome for a short time and man the AFL might as have been in another country they should call it the WCEFL. mabey thats why i hate the wegals and dockers

saints i have noticed over the last 3 or 4 years at the game have really been arrogant and ****ing tools.

i spose i would hate collingwood if i could understand what comes out of their mouth half the time.

Carlton and essendon just arrogant and most are so one eyed its not funny, while at the game on saturday night got a guy saying how could that be holding the ball when our player just recieved the ball and is tackled straight away.

Just out of interest, what has bias got to do with a thread about who's supporters you like the least. Thats confusing:confused:. You hate who you hate

You'll find many eagles supporters nominating sydney and freo, somewhat due to the rivalry, but probably more to do with the fact that:

A. West coast eagle fans are bluing with freo fans almost every day around the water cooler. Not surprising there isnt a lot of love for each other.

B. Sydney and freo are the source of most eagle targeted trolls on here.

I sort of took the thread as being about which supporters are the worst at the footy which is how I based my answer not about which group of supporters on Bigfooty do you hate the most.

If he was answering in the later form then I could understand why he would write Sydney or Freo. The eagles fans I have met before, during and after both grand finals have on the most part been great people. If I judged my view of all West Coast supporters on the ones I have met on bigfooty then my opinion would be vastly different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst Supporters in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back