Would we all be better off if the club handed its license back?

Would the absence of this awful club improve your life?

• Yes

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Also yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Most def

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is a s**t thread. Too quick to make a statement about how bad we are. At least wait till we have played 5 or six games. There were some good signs early on in our game. Strong marking, good ball movement and some great delivery into the forward zone. That first quarter looked promising.

What will people say if we beat Richmond next week.

Lets hold back the judgement for at least 5 games.
That's going to be a big ask coming off a 6 day break against the side that kicked off the 2023 AFL season on Thursday...

I think this is a s**t thread. Too quick to make a statement about how bad we are. At least wait till we have played 5 or six games. There were some good signs early on in our game. Strong marking, good ball movement and some great delivery into the forward zone. That first quarter looked promising.

What will people say if we beat Richmond next week.

Lets hold back the judgement for at least 5 games.

I was waiting for this.

We've had the heat excuses, and the rebuilding excuses.

Now we have reached the time for the 'it's only round 1' excuse.

We're into our 6th season of being crap. Nicks' forth season. It is not too quick to make a statement about how bad we are. Especially after we gave up a 5 goal lead to be embarrassed by a team with a decimated bench.

I was waiting for this.

We've had the heat excuses, and the rebuilding excuses.

Now we have reached the time for the 'it's only round 1' excuse.

We're into our 6th season of being crap. Nicks' forth season. It is not too quick to make a statement about how bad we are. Especially after we gave up a 5 goal lead to be embarrassed by a team with a decimated bench.
People are already making the six day break excuse for next week lol.

Things would have been so different if the SANFL weren't so arrogant in the 80s. The "Adelaide Football club" should have entered the VFL in the early 80s when they were first asked to join. Apart from two flukey years this club has been mediocre and horrendous at times. Today wasn't a surprise but hell, I haven't been so angry like that since 2017. Absolute embarrassment. 30 points up and then to capitulate. Life would be easier if I didn't follow and support the Crows

I get so sick of this kind of thread and posts like this OP that I usually dont even bother coming on here after a loss.

Poor goal kicking was all that kept GWS in the game. 9.4 instead of 4.9 at quarter time and their spirits would have been crushed. 12.8 instead of 8.12 at half time the same story. The last 2 times the crows played the Giants, we lost by 10 goals!

The team STILL had 13 players with less than 50 games experience, we will still be inconsistent. There was plenty to like about certain players this week.

And the comments about "the club has drank its own bath water", how stupid. Seriously, do you actually think the club would come out and say they expect to lose games? The club is a business after all. Has Foodland ever come out and said they are more expensive than Woolworths? Does a winery promote their wine as "another red just about the same as most other reds"? After, where would the club be if they had no self belief?

It is the media who hype the club up as this sells newspapers, it gets ratings, it gets tickets sold. And it is you who drinks the bathwater.

On the back of a bad half of footy, the OP seems to think that is evidence enough that the club is looking at a further 10 years of rebuilding... Sheesh you must be a delight at parties...

I get so sick of this kind of thread and posts like this OP that I usually dont even bother coming on here after a loss.

Poor goal kicking was all that kept GWS in the game. 9.4 instead of 4.9 at quarter time and their spirits would have been crushed. 12.8 instead of 8.12 at half time the same story. The last 2 times the crows played the Giants, we lost by 10 goals!

The team STILL had 13 players with less than 50 games experience, we will still be inconsistent. There was plenty to like about certain players this week.

And the comments about "the club has drank its own bath water", how stupid. Seriously, do you actually think the club would come out and say they expect to lose games? The club is a business after all. Has Foodland ever come out and said they are more expensive than Woolworths? Does a winery promote their wine as "another red just about the same as most other reds"? After, where would the club be if they had no self belief?

It is the media who hype the club up as this sells newspapers, it gets ratings, it gets tickets sold. And it is you who drinks the bathwater.

On the back of a bad half of footy, the OP seems to think that is evidence enough that the club is looking at a further 10 years of rebuilding... Sheesh you must be a delight at parties...
First time you've read Southerntakeover's "opinion"??? This is the same guy who rated Laird as a C grader after one poor game so what he has done his whole career doesn't count.

How long was Carlton’s rebuild ?

When was the last time Essendon won a final

How many premierships have GWS and GC wind despite their enormous draft concessions?

How many flags have Freo won?

When was St Kilda’s last flag?

The truth is rebuilds are hard, and premierships harder to win

We still have the youngest list in the comp, and there will be more pain but we need to start to see real growth

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So you’re point is we are shit like those clubs so why are we whinging?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time you've read Southerntakeover's "opinion"??? This is the same guy who rated Laird as a C grader after one poor game so what he has done his whole career doesn't count.
I like that you've posted this all over the place hoping to attract support, and gotten only tumbleweed.

Can you believe it guys? He said Laird's shit! Laird! Guys? Guys?

Why do you think anyone cares whether you read the board or not?

Can we go back to the 90's. Those were fun times. Even in 94 and the Robert Shaw years I always thought we would bounce back. It seems like the hope is gone now.

I like that you've posted this all over the place hoping to attract support, and gotten only tumbleweed.

Can you believe it guys? He said Laird's s**t! Laird! Guys? Guys?
You're not that important lol. Seems everyone is immune to your trolling statement so it's doesn't surprise them which explain why no one has agree to your statement Laird is a C grader ;)

You're not that important lol. Seems everyone is immune to your trolling statement so it's doesn't surprise them which explain why no one has agree to your statement Laird is a C grader ;)

Yep, it's my fault no-one likes you

Oh nobody likes me, mummy, mummy, whawhawha. What are you 10 years old.....must be because I spit facts :)

Except you obviously do care, that's why you spent half the night shamelessly begging people to join in on your Laird sooking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would we all be better off if the club handed its license back?

Back