Would we all be better off if the club handed its license back?

Would the absence of this awful club improve your life?

• Yes

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Also yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Most def

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No seriously, kudos. I've got three kids and none of them have ever thrown a tantrum as big as you have in this thread.

Look, I'm feeling bad enough without having to come into the knowledge that you've been allowed to reproduce.

People really picking the strangest flexes in this thread.

We're comparable to the league disasters was bad enough, but now we've got 'the loss was ok because this bad team often flogs us'.
Maybe it's just you lol. I was looking at improvement of the youngsters especially Rachele transitioning into the midfield (which you have dismiss as "impossible" and he will never be elite WE NEED ELITE MIDFIELDER, WHERE OUR ELITE MIDFIELDER, LAIRD IS A C-GRADE PLAYER BLAH BLAH BLAH), how Rankine played (outside of a few very poor shot on goals he was all class), Soligo continue his development into an A grade midfielder and Forgarty's continue where he left off mid last year and I saw all that today. MM debut was an extra positive of my expectation of this young and developing list. Berry and Schoenberg were very disappointing, what was your expectation going into the GWS game?

Maybe it's just you lol. I was looking at improvement of the youngsters especially Rachele transitioning into the midfield (which you have dismiss as "impossible" and he will never be elite WE NEED ELITE MIDFIELDER, WHERE OUR ELITE MIDFIELDER, LAIRD IS A C-GRADE PLAYER BLAH BLAH BLAH), how Rankine played (outside of a few very poor shot on goals he was all class), Soligo continue his development into an A grade midfielder and Forgarty's continue where he left off mid last year and I saw all that today. MM debut was an extra positive of my expectation of this young and developing list. Berry and Schoenberg were very disappointing, what was your expectation going into the GWS game?

I don't think anyone really cares what your "observations" were.

That’s a thin list to hang your hat on

If what you see is me not respecting you, correct.
Well, if you throw out trolling statements like "Laird is a C grader" and "Rachele will have fun playing for Collingwood" after seeing he can develop into that elite midfielder you wanted like some of us have been telling you then the feeling is obviously mutual.

Last edited:
Well, if you throw out trolling statements like "Laird is a C grader" and "Rachele will have fun playing for Collingwood" after seeing he can develop into that elite midfielder you wanted like some of us have been telling you then the feeling is obviously mutual.

The difference seems to be that I don't crave your attention or respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was waiting for this.

We've had the heat excuses, and the rebuilding excuses.

Now we have reached the time for the 'it's only round 1' excuse.

We're into our 6th season of being crap. Nicks' forth season. It is not too quick to make a statement about how bad we are. Especially after we gave up a 5 goal lead to be embarrassed by a team with a decimated bench.
We know about the past 6 years. I have to live them too. This is a new season and drawing a conclusion about how we are going to perform after 1 game isnt smart. I bet you weren't annoyed at how the club did in the trials. If after 5 games we are not performing up to expectations I will jump on the bandwagon too but to do it after a single game......your judgement leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
The lesson to learn is something I warned about a few seasons back—from a lifetime of watching year after year after year with the Cleveland Browns.

The object in professional sports is to WIN games.

When you set a course to “tank” so you can get a “high draft pick”—you invariably establish a culture of losing is acceptable and excusable. It quickly grabs hold of an entire organization from top down.

Footy—almost even more than gridiron is not a sport where 1 individual vaults you from last to first. There are way to many players on the field. In basketball, sure one guy can impact a team significantly—but this ain’t basketball.

Then what happens is the organization overvalues ALL their draft picks—excusing things like ohhh say fitness (cough cough Fog) for their “ceiling of talent”.

As such, poor conditioning, poor kicking, poor disposals, poor tackling, etc… are all excused in various manners

So that there becomes a “protected” class in the ranks due to draft status.

Inevitably this perpetuates the losing.

This is exactly where Adelaide is now.

A terrible coach, a terrible organizational mindset and no hope of climbing out of it anytime soon.

Excuses were made for to long and losing has long since become “acceptable” culturally in the clubhouse.

That is a stench not easily eradicated

So here we are

Calm the farm people. Even though I was ready to throw a brick through my tv yesterday it's not the end of the world. If we hadn't been in front at half time and lost the way we did this thread wouldn't exist. I wasn't expecting to beat them anyway and at least this time we didn't get belted. We are still very much a work in progress.

Nice to see the same rationalizations and excuse making that I have seen for decades with another franchise

Eerily comical how identical this has all become for me

While I don't disagree yesterday was very disappointing and the club has had a very lean 25 years with a lot of own goals - Blighty once said people tend to really overreact after Round 1. And I agree.
The start of your post doesn't support the conclusion.

The lesson to learn is something I warned about a few seasons back—from a lifetime of watching year after year after year with the Cleveland Browns.

The object in professional sports is to WIN games.

When you set a course to “tank” so you can get a “high draft pick”—you invariably establish a culture of losing is acceptable and excusable. It quickly grabs hold of an entire organization from top down.

Footy—almost even more than gridiron is not a sport where 1 individual vaults you from last to first. There are way to many players on the field. In basketball, sure one guy can impact a team significantly—but this ain’t basketball.

Then what happens is the organization overvalues ALL their draft picks—excusing things like ohhh say fitness (cough cough Fog) for their “ceiling of talent”.

As such, poor conditioning, poor kicking, poor disposals, poor tackling, etc… are all excused in various manners

So that there becomes a “protected” class in the ranks due to draft status.

Inevitably this perpetuates the losing.

This is exactly where Adelaide is now.

A terrible coach, a terrible organizational mindset and no hope of climbing out of it anytime soon.

Excuses were made for to long and losing has long since become “acceptable” culturally in the clubhouse.

That is a stench not easily eradicated

So here we are

It's an opinion that is remarkable for being wrong in two sports.

The Eagles were widely panned for throwing their last game two seasons ago. They made the Superbowl two years later.

Good franchises are strategic.

It's an opinion that is remarkable for being wrong in two sports.

The Eagles were widely panned for throwing their last game two seasons ago. They made the Superbowl two years later.

Good franchises are strategic.
Using the Eagles as your example says it all

Let me know what decade the Crows plan on getting to .500 let alone making the 8

This plan seems every bit the Browns plan

Both working extraordinarily well

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would we all be better off if the club handed its license back?

Back