WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard the whisper at Saturday's game ( and u don't need be a brain surgeon to figure it out ) that Mallia does win it straight from a inside source...the questions are ...by how much and will he make the dash from Height's presentation night at Grand Star Receptions to Sheldon Reception to collect the medal and his accolades ?

Interesting, hope so. Watching him every week we are conservative when we say he should get 10 best on grounds making him 30. Thats games when he has had close to 50 possessions and taken 25 marks and kicked a few. He played in 15 games with 13 of them huge. It is hard to know how much other top players will be a chance to get as we don't see them week in week out.

He is a chance to make a quick return trip if thats the case on Friday night.

We have alot of former junior players returning to the club such as Jamie Zerafa and Drew Mitchell who are good Division 1 players with Yarraville and Glenorden. We also have about 10 blokes coming across from Werribee Centrals and Westbourne, all that with the good Under 18 players going up. The club is cashed up they have been saving and next year will be paying players.
Is Jamie Zerafa definately going back is he. I thought he was staying at yarra but in saying that he hated his footy this season under keogh and inella at yarra, Is this confirmed

going up, no questions required!
If you guys got the chance to watch div 1 final on the weekend then west have a lot of work ahead of them. The game was 100 times better viewing than last week so lets hope west spend some cash and try and stay up

Alleyes=====cut off date is 1st of oct======they will go up 100%========see parkside next year champ,you will kill them.PS=best in finals hey,you did have the ball on a string=====lol===hahaha:thumbsu:

hahaha yeah dont know who picks em mate but thought you should have had best in finals and b.o.g coverd for the club

just sick of the bagging and shit talk that gets on here, any way na dont think they will! if deer park get these pick ups they will be super strong but i think parkside will come down and be a dominating team!!

We have alot of former junior players returning to the club such as Jamie Zerafa and Drew Mitchell who are good Division 1 players with Yarraville and Glenorden. We also have about 10 blokes coming across from Werribee Centrals and Westbourne, all that with the good Under 18 players going up. The club is cashed up they have been saving and next year will be paying players.

I heard that Drew Mitchell has already signed on for another year at Glenorden (which will improve from their season this year) why would he go back to Lavo? The point is to try improve your footy, not take backwards steps, no offence but Lavo would be one of those steps. And as for Zefafa if your getting your info from the same source as drew mitchell then maybe check again. Care to elaborate where this source came from?

I heard that Drew Mitchell has already signed on for another year at Glenorden (which will improve from their season this year) why would he go back to Lavo? The point is to try improve your footy, not take backwards steps, no offence but Lavo would be one of those steps. And as for Zefafa if your getting your info from the same source as drew mitchell then maybe check again. Care to elaborate where this source came from?

Ive heard it around the club

here ya go boys acouple of names that will be new faces to north snr lineup next year!! any one herd of david vinning, leigh tommas, paul azzapartie and steven vinning?

then your leaving out me as 1 of the best players you have played with......lol

brad had a reco last year.........harmer is playing in the edfl a grade for the abers and has won a b and f there also..........i wouldnt be suprised if H comes back next year......

i played at full back......theres a clue for you....:confused:

H is one of the most naturally talented footballers I have played with.

I think I have a rough idea of who you are. Somebodies whispered to me. I only played 1 or 2 years with you. From memory you actually broke your arm and played as a full foward???

Maybe your name is a colour???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

here ya go boys acouple of names that will be new faces to north snr lineup next year!! any one herd of david vinning, leigh tommas, paul azzapartie and steven vinning?

The Steven Vinning is about 23 or 24 and bro is 26-27 and if steve is playin ones you guys will be struggling havent seen his bro play

If you guys got the chance to watch div 1 final on the weekend then west have a lot of work ahead of them. The game was 100 times better viewing than last week so lets hope west spend some cash and try and stay up

Come on mate, what you think We$t don't already know they need to keep players and recruit too! We already have numbers for the present list and the fall out is minimum, and the players that were expected. Recruit wise, already have several verbal agreements and several player in the loop. We'll be ready to go and have a crack, and thats all any team can do :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Anyway i think Heights will go all the way next year. anyone agree/disagree?

Come on Bomber/TD, don't do what you did last year. Firstly, let's just wait and see what North Footscray do and wait for what Parkside bring to the table. Let's hope that Heights lose that front runners tag!

Leigh Thomas if it's the same one played at Seddon a good honest running type player. Good bloke too.

Does anyone know of some past players who may come back to north most notable trevaskis who is at sunshine and davidson who is at yarra. They were there a few years ago and talk earlier in the year was they may come back to div 2. Imagine those 2 runnig around across the middle and the half back ine. Both are good footballers in div 1 and bring them down, nth would be certainty for a gf appearance...

Does anyone know of some past players who may come back to north most notable trevaskis who is at sunshine and davidson who is at yarra. They were there a few years ago and talk earlier in the year was they may come back to div 2. Imagine those 2 runnig around across the middle and the half back ine. Both are good footballers in div 1 and bring them down, nth would be certainty for a gf appearance...

You pumping up your tyres again Zane??:)

Davidson is a great footballer and would be well suited back at North. He is all class and reads the play very well. I think he is capable of playing good div 1 footy, but if he chose to play div 2 for what ever reason, he would be welcomed at the devils with open arms.
As for Travvy, he has many more years of Div 1 footy to play. He was stand in Capt at Sunny this year when a few players went down due to injury and from all reports is enjoying his footy there. As for coming to Nth, I guess you can never say never!!

Come on Bomber/TD, don't do what you did last year. Firstly, let's just wait and see what North Footscray do and wait for what Parkside bring to the table. Let's hope that Heights lose that front runners tag!

BomberT is not TD it's an obsessed fan better known as somebodystopme/wally54/, M Abou zeid (a reserves player at Parkside this year the year they came bottom). So obseessed he saves posts about TD to post them over and over. Weirdo.

Anyway I would say Parkside with Sheppa will be strong coming down as they got better towards the end of the year in division 1. He is also good in that he will only play committed decent footballers in the ones. Nth will be right up there, Albanvale are always up there, Deer Park will have a clean out with Madigan coach and will be better, hopefully a couple of other sides pick up so all in all it should be a competetive interesting year.

I wouldn't worry about Heights from last year we went from losing the first final which equates to finishing 7th or 8th to 2nd so for the club it was a reasonably sucessfull season. West were the best side all year and won the flag, Heights were the second best side and came second. On top of that our full forward won the goal kicking and hopefully Friday Mallia wins the best and fairest. Would swap it all for a flag but wasn't to be. Heights will be competetive with recruiting started and a small cleanout of ants that are white.

Bomber will coach Heights in 2008 unless the club decides otherwise or unless Rockbank up their offer LOL.

Easy champ now you have won the flag realistically how many of your senior grand final side are up to A1 footy. Interested to hear your response besides well known players you have a fair few unknown heads to me. Of the ones I know I would say these ones are not MJ, Innella, Lane - all fitness. Evans on the edge there also, J Lane - committment, Geddes, De ambrosio, Oldfield - age. Just a discussion nothing else.

BomberT is not TD it's an obsessed fan better known as somebodystopme/wally54/, M Abou zeid (a reserves player at Parkside this year the year they came bottom). So obseessed he saves posts about TD to post them over and over. Weirdo.

Anyway I would say Parkside with Sheppa will be strong coming down as they got better towards the end of the year in division 1. He is also good in that he will only play committed decent footballers in the ones. Nth will be right up there, Albanvale are always up there, Deer Park will have a clean out with Madigan coach and will be better, hopefully a couple of other sides pick up so all in all it should be a competetive interesting year.

I wouldn't worry about Heights from last year we went from losing the first final which equates to finishing 7th or 8th to 2nd so for the club it was a reasonably sucessfull season. West were the best side all year and won the flag, Heights were the second best side and came second. On top of that our full forward won the goal kicking and hopefully Friday Mallia wins the best and fairest. Would swap it all for a flag but wasn't to be. Heights will be competetive with recruiting started and a small cleanout of ants that are white.

Bomber will coach Heights in 2008 unless the club decides otherwise or unless Rockbank up their offer LOL.

Easy champ now you have won the flag realistically how many of your senior grand final side are up to A1 footy. Interested to hear your response besides well known players you have a fair few unknown heads to me. Of the ones I know I would say these ones are not MJ, Innella, Lane - all fitness. Evans on the edge there also, J Lane - committment, Geddes, De ambrosio, Oldfield - age. Just a discussion nothing else.

Word around the traps is that JLane wants to return to Braybrook. His missus is in the women's team and he has a lot of friends there.

I heard Bones on the radio say there was already 4 players lined up for next year including his other son (Lachlan?).

West juniors are fairly strong at the moment, but that doesn't always mean a lot in division 1.

Heard the Yarraville Cooks might be going to Rockbank as a package deal, with Brett obviously coaching (that is unless TD gets the job!).

North Footscray may lose one or two players to Rockbank also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back