WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i havnt herd anything about ramsay......but im sure we will get quality players cause we got the dollars.........

believe me deer park will be turned around with the new people heading the club......we are going places.........;)

Whats the deal at Deer Park??? I played juniors there in the late 90's and they were an absolute powerhouse in div1 then the lost every game and got relegated. I've noticed Deer Park will be a powerhouse top team and then absolutely crap the next year.

So who are the players nominated for top 10 in the comp=======we have so far mallia=sun heights,bunsworth=wynd,cali=coburg,hedley=nth,allan=nth,======can anyone put more to add to this list,that u know of at other clubs.:thumbsu:

So who are the players nominated for top 10 in the comp=======we have so far mallia=sun heights,bunsworth=wynd,cali=coburg,hedley=nth,allan=nth,======can anyone put more to add to this list,that u know of at other clubs.:thumbsu:

Um lets go thru the sides then

DeerPark - Robertson would have to poll well in the games they won

Wests - you would have to say chickey & maybe ziggy if his season was consistent enough, but we all know he should be up there

S.Heights - Greto & M Nicolaides for there great years

Albanvale - we said hendo but he's had an injury interuppted season, so i would probably nominate Adam Borg who has been a consistent rock for them.

North - the kid that wore 20 thru the season then 4 in the finals, he should poll very well

Um lets go thru the sides then

DeerPark - Robertson would have to poll well in the games they won

Wests - you would have to say chickey & maybe ziggy if his season was consistent enough, but we all know he should be up there

S.Heights - Greto & M Nicolaides for there great years

Albanvale - we said hendo but he's had an injury interuppted season, so i would probably nominate Adam Borg who has been a consistent rock for them.
We know nicolaides is not in the top 10 due to TD had confirmed mallia was the only one from heights=====are these other players u mentioned guessed or fact kazza:confused:

3 votes there all guesses from the players i thought have had solid seasons, i have no idea the make up of the b'n'f mate
Fair enough kaz===all those players u have mentioned have had a good solid year but i was asking IF people know who have been invited to the presentation nite ,and the ones that i have mentioned are the ones that we know of at the moment.:rolleyes:

Whats the deal at Deer Park??? I played juniors there in the late 90's and they were an absolute powerhouse in div1 then the lost every game and got relegated. I've noticed Deer Park will be a powerhouse top team and then absolutely crap the next year.

power house i wouldnt call it but we were competitive to say the least.....

lets not forget we have been in 2 out of the last 5 grand finals in div 2......so things are ok........i think anyway....

now as for why......1 reason i can think of is the jnrs........from 99 to 06 we have had 1 u/18 team which was a mixture of deer park and albion players and that was in 03 so for all these years we havnt been getting the kids coming through to play in the seniors let alone the ressies....we had 18's this year which is great some good players that played both snrs and ressies after the 18's which is a big ask of them...... they did it the club will benefit as will the players.......next year we will have 18's and the year after and the year after that so we will get these kids coming through playing some sort of role in the club.........to me that is the key for having success.........

you think about it and the team we had in the 90's will be back playing their role at the club to get it back where we should be...........as we all know its not an easy process but the kids need to be the main focus of re-building the club..........just look how heights have done this year jnr players playing snrs......im sure nth foots would be in the same boat......you could throw albanvale in there as well......

i was in the jnrs in the mid to late 90's maybe we played in the same team.........

Who do follow mate? B/c i would be jumping off your ship. Your better off aiming high and falling short, rather than aim for something with less merit and reaching that goal mate!!

yeah i totally agree with you on the aiming thing mate . aim for the sun and ull get the stars

Good to see there are no wally's on the thread anymore. Somebody stop me if I start to ramble on like a fool with half a brain. Anyway should be interesting on Friday night to see who wins the division 2 medal. Hope my boy Nick Mallia wins it but if so he will be at the Heights presentation night. Does anybody know if the leading goalkicker wins anything and if so what? woof woof

power house i wouldnt call it but we were competitive to say the least.....

lets not forget we have been in 2 out of the last 5 grand finals in div 2......so things are ok........i think anyway....

now as for why......1 reason i can think of is the jnrs........from 99 to 06 we have had 1 u/18 team which was a mixture of deer park and albion players and that was in 03 so for all these years we havnt been getting the kids coming through to play in the seniors let alone the ressies....we had 18's this year which is great some good players that played both snrs and ressies after the 18's which is a big ask of them...... they did it the club will benefit as will the players.......next year we will have 18's and the year after and the year after that so we will get these kids coming through playing some sort of role in the club.........to me that is the key for having success.........

you think about it and the team we had in the 90's will be back playing their role at the club to get it back where we should be...........as we all know its not an easy process but the kids need to be the main focus of re-building the club..........just look how heights have done this year jnr players playing snrs......im sure nth foots would be in the same boat......you could throw albanvale in there as well......

i was in the jnrs in the mid to late 90's maybe we played in the same team.........

Maybe we did
When I played there were some pretty good junior footy players running around that Deer Park have obviously lost over the last few years.
Brad Hall and Hayden Harmer are the 2 stand outs I remember. Did you play with them? if so I would say that we played juniors together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we did
When I played there were some pretty good junior footy players running around that Deer Park have obviously lost over the last few years.
Brad Hall and Hayden Harmer are the 2 stand outs I remember. Did you play with them? if so I would say that we played juniors together

Devils B&F presentation tonight.

1. Eldridge
2. Devlin
3. Scratcher Allen

Fair enough result, but would have swapped 2nd with 3rd. Devils have lost no players for next year (thus far). Have picked up a full back and centre half back. Had a few beers myself, but confident of a good year in 08'.

SCRATCHER! TOUGHEST MAN IN THE WRFL!!

Devils B&F presentation tonight.

1. Eldridge
2. Devlin
3. Scratcher Allen

Fair enough result, but would have swapped 2nd with 3rd. Devils have lost no players for next year (thus far). Have picked up a full back and centre half back. Had a few beers myself, but confident of a good year in 08'.

SCRATCHER! TOUGHEST MAN IN THE WRFL!!

yeah congrats to the boys on there efferts, was well deserved by all as they all had great years. and agree red devil gunna be a huge year for the club next year!! with more gun under 18s coming up and a few pick ups on the cards shold make for an intresting 08. but for now bring on the footy trip in cairns!! wooo hooo

Gee its been a bit quiet on this thread since the last was locked===============obvoisly the heights and west boys dont have any nice things to say==============COME ON bring back the biff====lol:thumbsu:

Maybe we did

then your leaving out me as 1 of the best players you have played with......lol

brad had a reco last year.........harmer is playing in the edfl a grade for the abers and has won a b and f there also..........i wouldnt be suprised if H comes back next year......

i played at full back......theres a clue for you....:confused:

Good to see there are no wally's on the thread anymore. Somebody stop me if I start to ramble on like a fool with half a brain. Anyway should be interesting on Friday night to see who wins the division 2 medal. Hope my boy Nick Mallia wins it but if so he will be at the Heights presentation night. Does anybody know if the leading goalkicker wins anything and if so what? woof woof

but your still here:p

Will the any of Western's U/18's come through to play senior footy?

We have alot of former junior players returning to the club such as Jamie Zerafa and Drew Mitchell who are good Division 1 players with Yarraville and Glenorden. We also have about 10 blokes coming across from Werribee Centrals and Westbourne, all that with the good Under 18 players going up. The club is cashed up they have been saving and next year will be paying players.

We have alot of former junior players returning to the club such as Jamie Zerafa and Drew Mitchell who are good Division 1 players with Yarraville and Glenorden. We also have about 10 blokes coming across from Werribee Centrals and Westbourne, all that with the good Under 18 players going up. The club is cashed up they have been saving and next year will be paying players.

about time zaney boy.......you have said this for the previous 2 seasons.......whats happened.......:confused:

i cant see players from centrals coming across as they have won the last 3 out of 4 flags in their comp.........

so you might as well say 1 or 2 from cntrls and 4 or 5 from westbourne....

dose anyone know the date or ruff time west have to make there discision on if there gunna go up or stay down?

about time zaney boy.......you have said this for the previous 2 seasons.......whats happened.......:confused:

i cant see players from centrals coming across as they have won the last 3 out of 4 flags in their comp.........

so you might as well say 1 or 2 from cntrls and 4 or 5 from westbourne....

There was improvement at least we werent getting smashed this year.

Mate, you are so full of shit that it's not funny.

If by cashed up you mean struggling to make ends meet, let alone pay players, then yeah they're cashed up.

Unless something has changed in the last 2 weeks, you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

dose anyone know the date or ruff time west have to make there discision on if there gunna go up or stay down?
Alleyes=====cut off date is 1st of oct======they will go up 100%========see parkside next year champ,you will kill them.PS=best in finals hey,you did have the ball on a string=====lol===hahaha:thumbsu:

Heard the whisper at Saturday's game ( and u don't need be a brain surgeon to figure it out ) that Mallia does win it straight from a inside source...the questions are ...by how much and will he make the dash from Height's presentation night at Grand Star Receptions to Sheldon Reception to collect the medal and his accolades ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back