WRFL Div 3 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

There are 6 teams having a real crack in Div 3. Unless more teams leave you have real contests in all 3 divisions, unusual for any competition

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Have you not seen division 1?

This division will continue to hamper the viability of the league....

Unless of course they want to attract more clubs that have zero ambition.

There are 6 teams having a real crack in Div 3. Unless more teams leave you have real contests in all 3 divisions, unusual for any competition

I’d say the North boys are having a crack too. Takes some guts to rock up every single week for years knowing you’re going to get absolutely flogged most of the time. It will turn around for them I hope at some stage!

Have you not seen division 1?

This division will continue to hamper the viability of the league....

Unless of course they want to attract more clubs that have zero ambition.
The League has 3 divisions for a reason, each serving a purpose.

This division has zero negative impact on the viability of the league and even less on Division 1 so not sure what purpose your constant jibes serve.

The division provides the opportunity for clubs without the resources to compete in Div 2 to rebuild and go back to Division 2 an be competitive. Without it the league would already be substantially smaller.

Your version of ambition is nice for you, but there are clubs that wish to provide community football for there community and once established then move up. Without this division there is no chance Manor Lakes or Glenorden can re establish senior teams. Braybrook would be in serious trouble next season and Rockbank certainly would not come on board.

This division provided the opportunity for Point Cook Centrals to establish then go to Div 1, and Newport to Div 2. It allowed Parkside the opportunity to re-establish themselves.

It has allowed Albanvale, Sunshine Heights and West Footscray the chance to re establish themselves as competitive teams and provide a future for their past players to believe in. Wyndham Suns have been able to build and could be competitive in Div 2 and Tarniet the chance to survive and re build.

Viability is about having as many local communities the opportunity to be competitive in an appropriate level of competition.

Division 1's issues have nothing to do with the lower divisions in this comp.

The clubs that will be successful in Division 1 are those that run really strong Junior Programs that provide an environment where those players feel a part of that clubs community and do not want to chase the dollars available in nearby competitions. WRFL clubs by and large will never compete financially with the EDFL Premier comp, however, it is not surprising the current top 4 in Div 1 all have or had strong Junior teams and reality is there are only current 8 at best teams who can compete in Div 1so I am unsure how Div 3 hampers the viabilty of the league in any way

Last edited:
The League has 3 divisions for a reason, each serving a purpose.

This division has zero negative impact on the viability of the league and even less on Division 1 so not sure what purpose your constant jibes serve.

The division provides the opportunity for clubs without the resources to compete in Div 2 to rebuild and go back to Division 2 an be competitive. Without it the league would already be substantially smaller.

Your version of ambition is nice for you, but there are clubs that wish to provide community football for there community and once established then move up. Without this division there is no chance Manor Lakes or Glenorden can re establish senior teams. Braybrook would be in serious trouble next season and Rockbank certainly would not come on board.

This division provided the opportunity for Point Cook Centrals to establish then go to Div 1, and Newport to Div 2. It allowed Parkside the opportunity to re-establish themselves.

It has allowed Albanvale, Sunshine Heights and West Footscray the chance to re establish themselves as competitive teams and provide a future for their past players to believe in. Wyndham Suns have been able to build and could be competitive in Div 2 and Tarniet the chance to survive and re build.

Viability is about having as many local communities the opportunity to be competitive in an appropriate level of competition.

Division 1's issues have nothing to do with the lower divisions in this comp.

The clubs that will be successful in Division 1 are those that run really strong Junior Programs that provide an environment where those players feel a part of that clubs community and do not want to chase the dollars available in nearby competitions. WRFL clubs by and large will never compete financially with the EDFL Premier comp, however, it is not surprising the current top 4 in Div 1 all have or had strong Junior teams and reality is there are only current 8 at best teams who can compete in Div 1so I am unsure how Div 3 hampers the viabilty of the league in any way
Division 3 serves a purpose for weak peahearts like Cachia to bang his chest when he kicks 100 in a year and 50 of them are against one club.

Outside of North, all these clubs could compete with div 2.

Div 2 puts two teams up, eradicate div 3 and North Sunshine is the only club worse off.

Or are all your best players just 3rd division rats like braybrook had last year and not willing to play competitive footy each week?

Division 3 serves a purpose for weak peahearts like Cachia to bang his chest when he kicks 100 in a year and 50 of them are against one club.

Div 2 puts two teams up, eradicate div 3 and North Sunshine is the only club worse off.

Or are all your best players just 3rd division rats like braybrook had last year and not willing to play competitive footy each week?
Nice judgement post.

You serve on the committee of any club?

Having been heavily involved in clubs in all 3 divisions and meeting and talking to those at opposition clubs in all 3 divisions, there are many people at every club that put their heart and sole into providing an great environment for all teams they put on the field to share in.

Clearly you have a chip on your shoulder for reasons only you know, but really you are yet to put up a solitary argument for your opinions, only pot people or clubs so your opinions have little to nk support. If posting this makes you happy well enjoy

Nice judgement post.

You serve on the committee of any club?

Having been heavily involved in clubs in all 3 divisions and meeting and talking to those at opposition clubs in all 3 divisions, there are many people at every club that put their heart and sole into providing an great environment for all teams they put on the field to share in.

Clearly you have a chip on your shoulder for reasons only you know, but really you are yet to put up a solitary argument for your opinions, only pot people or clubs so your opinions have little to nk support. If posting this makes you happy well enjoy

What are you blokes afraid of? Not getting to beat up on North Sunshine 3 times a year?

If you take the top two out of division 2, there's not much separation from div 3.

Seriously the viability of division 1 should come first and 8 teams is not enough. Div 2 should be second considered. Div 3 shouldn't even be around if the best interests of those two divisions is catered for first. But of course, all the div 3 people prefer the tail to wag the dog.

All hail the heroes that like beating up on the weak.....

What are you blokes afraid of? Not getting to beat up on North Sunshine 3 times a year?

If you take the top two out of division 2, there's not much separation from div 3.

Seriously the viability of division 1 should come first and 8 teams is not enough. Div 2 should be second considered. Div 3 shouldn't even be around if the best interests of those two divisions is catered for first. But of course, all the div 3 people prefer the tail to wag the dog.

I agree the viability of Div 1 should come first, but lets be real combining divisions 2 & 3 have little to no impact on division 1. It serves a purpose allowing lesser footballers to compete and play against players of similar calibre. The bottom half of division 3 would absolutely lose by 100-150+ every single week if they were to play in division 2 and that does nothing for no one. Your posts lately seem extremely clouded with emotion rather than logic

I’d say Div 3 is more the ammos/stuff around comp. If a bloke like me who is 35 and hasn’t played footy in a few years and just wants to have a kick with his mates then you go into Div 3. Yeah I know players in Div 3 get paid (don’t know why) but the competition needs a league where blokes can feel comfortable enough at and skill set to come out and have a crack.

Wowee you keep hiding behind your keyboard pal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah. No difference between Laverton and Newport, Wyndhamvale or Sunshine. What a ridiculous comment. West hadn't won a game since 2019 before dropping to div 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. No difference between Laverton and Newport, Wyndhamvale or Sunshine. What a ridiculous comment. West hadn't won a game since 2019 before dropping to div 3.
Laverton have improved have they not?
Didn't the suns and Wyndham vale play a pretty competitive practice game?

Your talking a top 4 side division 2 as we sit, vs division 3 side....

So not a ridiculous statement. Laverton keep improving then they won't be too far off.

But yes, let's pander to division 3 as its clearly the most important division.

I’d say Div 3 is more the ammos/stuff around comp. If a bloke like me who is 35 and hasn’t played footy in a few years and just wants to have a kick with his mates then you go into Div 3. Yeah I know players in Div 3 get paid (don’t know why) but the competition needs a league where blokes can feel comfortable enough at and skill set to come out and have a crack.
They have reserve grade for social football.

I’d say Div 3 is more the ammos/stuff around comp.
:rolleyesv1:

I'd happily put down a couple of lazy pineapples on almost any ammos A or B side towelling up any WRFL div1. From my years in both comps I'd rate WRFL div1 = roughly ammos bottom of B/top C, div2 = D1/D2, div3 = D3/D4. Suns would probably play finals in D2.

And as old mate from PC points out, there's always the twos if you just want to have a kick around, but don't get in the way of those regular magoos who flog their guts out every week trying to get into the ones.

From the WRFL website:

Laverton Magpies 11.7-73 vs Sunshine Heights 9.14-68
Hopefully north sunshine are the next to improve it’s a shame they went down that road appointing that conman of a bloke Brett kennerly a few years back he sent the club backwards with his utter lies and promises they lost a lot of there older heads when he took over clubs be aware if he ever puts in an application to coach anywhere

Hopefully north sunshine are the next to improve it’s a shame they went down that road appointing that conman of a bloke Brett kennerly a few years back he sent the club backwards with his utter lies and promises they lost a lot of there older heads when he took over clubs be aware if he ever puts in an application to coach anywhere
Didn’t he coach northern saints as well in the EDFL ?

I remember North Sunshine going back a few years ago had a really good year. From what i recall they beat Parkside when they were in div 3, won maybe 6 games and were looking the goods. Was just prior to COVID.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Div 3 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back