WRFL Div 3 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember North Sunshine going back a few years ago had a really good year. From what i recall they beat Parkside when they were in div 3, won maybe 6 games and were looking the goods. Was just prior to COVID.
North Sunshine won 6 games in 2015 and 9 games in 2017. 2017 ladder attached.

North_Sunshine.jpg

Not dwelling on it, just don't think it should be forgotten. That, and Parkside's disgraceful bit of downhill skiing. And Deer Park. ;)

Yep, I've gone blue in the face about the WRFL and their lack of strong decisions on here. The emergence of Sanctuary Lakes has helped save the comp though.

Imagine if parkside won the div 2 flag last year, the whole club would pack up and they'd be flogging North Sunshine again this year

Went to the Suns v Albanvale game yesterday and enjoyed a hard fought game at Goddard Street Reserve. Albanvale kicked away early in the first quarter but the Suns gradually wore them down for the next 3 quarters to came out winners. Took my camcorder with me and recorded the last half which I have now put on YouTube - see link below. Look out for GOAL OF THE YEAR CONTENDER at the 41:41 minute mark of the video where number 27 for the Suns snaps over his head from the boundary for the ball to sail straight through the goals. Sensational stuff. Canteen hotdog rating 8/10. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Last edited:
Went to the Suns v Albanvale game yesterday and enjoyed a hard fought game at Goddard Street Reserve. Albanvale kicked away early in the first quarter but the Suns gradually wore them down for the next 3 quarters to came out winners. Took my camcorder with me and recorded the last half which I have now put on YouTube - see link below. Look out for GOAL OF THE YEAR CONTENDER at the 41:41 minute mark of the video where number 27 for the Suns snaps over his head from the boundary for the ball to sail straight through the goals. Sensational stuff. Canteen hotdog rating 8/10. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Thanks for sharing the footage, 100% that was an epic goal.

You should send in to the WRFL page, the young lad would love that.

Thanks for sharing the footage, 100% that was an epic goal.

You should send in to the WRFL page, the young lad would love that.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've just emailed WRFL with the link. Let's hope they promote the goal and the player. I'm going to upload a short video of the goal on this forum soon.

Last QUARTER game-day scenes from the RESERVES Round 10 match between Suns and Albanvale played at Goddard St Reserve on Saturday 1st July 2023.

Last QUARTER game-day scenes from the RESERVES Round 10 match between Suns and Albanvale played at Goddard St Reserve on Saturday 1st July 2023.

Alot over over weight potatoes running around there!!
Albanvale 2's look horrible 👀 must of lost alot of players from last year's premiership win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alot over over weight potatoes running around there!!
Albanvale 2's look horrible 👀 must of lost alot of players from last year's premiership win
Fair few retired. Looked horrible yes, some putrid footy played in that last quater by us. Your comment about over weight potatoes though is pretty ordinary. Absolutely no need for it.

2 in a row for Lavo, only a game out of the four, still to play West in the run home.

Good week for them after getting $1.3m funding from the State Government for rooms and facilities upgrade. Hopefully 2023 is a turning point for the Magpies.
Three in a row! Was down there today second time this year I’ve been down and absolutely loved being back there. Someone said to me today that this is the first time they’ve won three in a row since they made Div 2 finals in 2009!!

Interesting day out at the suns ground this Arvo. A undermanned Lavo outfit took it right up to the Suns falling short by three goals in a massive effort. She was very animated on the boundary between a few Lavo supporters and a couple of Hyenas and the Sun's coaching box where that champ of a bloke Phil Crea was biting at the lure thrown out his way. Champion then decided after the game to walk out onto to the ground and try and get into a dust with the Laverton Coach with multiple people holding champ back. Nothing but trouble that bloke. No matter where he goes trouble happens. Surprised a team like the Suns under Dean would have a bloke like that on the sidelines. Hopefully the WRFL ban the bloke for a few weeks. Needs to pull his head in. Kudos to Lavo for the crack they had with 12 or so outs the mail was. Good signs down there.
People wonder why Glen Orden are in recess... this bloke was in charge of setting the culture when it came back. Just a dead set dribbler

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Div 3 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back