WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

my clubs doing fine, will get to have a look at yours this week.
no doubt as Cloke played twice as many games as Post he shall get twice as much bagging

We love clokey and respect his talents...will be good to see him battle Jason Butina again...But think poor jase will be up against it.

Lol at people having a crack at Jayden Post are you serious?

Bloke played what 30 games of AFL at a rabble of a club he was offered a rookie spot by another club which he knocked back because he just wanted to play footy with his mates

So instead of selling himself to the highest bidder he has gone back to his old club and will get no where near what he could at other places and blokes are knocking him for that and not being a star playing AFL?

Dead set i do not play at Altona and would be mates with probably 5 blokes down there but that is the most stupid thing i have ever heard jealous little keyboard warriors

Every AFL player that comes to a local comp cops abuse.....
Happened to Manton, Mcrabb and Ted Fidge at Albion.....but we didnt cry about it...
Pretty sure Post wouldnt be taking any notice....

Every AFL player that comes to a local comp cops abuse.....
Happened to Manton, Mcrabb and Ted Fidge at Albion.....but we didnt cry about it...
Pretty sure Post wouldnt be taking any notice....

I am not talking about what happens on the field I sm sure he copped worse at the G

I am talking about the keyboard warriors having a crack on this board dead set losers you blokes are you being one of the main blokes

I am not talking about what happens on the field I sm sure he copped worse at the G

I am talking about the keyboard warriors having a crack on this board dead set losers you blokes are you being one of the main blokes

Hahaha this has gone in the completely wrong direction, there was no bagging Post all the boys were yelling out was when Buttina kicked a goal that it was postys man, as posty was off the ground buttina went forward and kicked 5 in quarter and half. Like what's been said its good to get these players back it only makes OUR league stronger and they help the younger kids improve. It wasn't a we hate Post day it was just banter to the opposition's best player. Some people need to lighten up I think

Nudgeme 10 +1 for correct score 11

JohnSmith 8

Here we go again....Round 3

St Albans V Hoppers (Hoppers by 16pts)

Albion V Spotswood (Spotswood by 86pts)

Altona V North Footscray (Altona by 157pts)

Sunshine V Deer Park (Deer Park by 31pts)

Yarraville V Port Colts (Port Colts by 16pts)

Feel free to agree or disagree.

Here we go again....Round 3

St Albans V Hoppers (Hoppers by 16pts)

Albion V Spotswood (Spotswood by 86pts)

Altona V North Footscray (Altona by 157pts)

Sunshine V Deer Park (Deer Park by 31pts))

Feel free to agree or disagree.

Hoppers vs St. Albans - hoppers 16p

Albion vs spotswood - spotty 93p

Altona vs nth foot - Altona 230p

Sunshine vs deer park - dp 54p

Yarraville vs port colts - colts 1p (flip a coin)

Thanks John!

Ok so I have been able to get around to watch Deer Park twice, Hoppers once, St.Albans twice, Yarraville once and Altona and Spotty round 1. My thoughts so far.

Deer Park - Big side, solid mids but not the youngest side. Great KPP although their full forward looks like his going for try out for the next michelin tyre add as a mascot. Once they gel together will hard to beat, from what I have seen still a clear level below Spotty and Altona however if Broadbent/Klix/Smith/Bullen gel and have rippers they can surprise and push the top 2.

Hoppers - Very slick slide if left to play their open style of footy, they love a shoot out and if teams want to get one with them will lose more times than not. Moles is class, Mulligan adds KP strength in the back half. Mids look solid but maybe lack some pace, where obviously shown up against Spotty. Top 3

St. Albans - Jenkins is the key, they dont have alot of depth in the midfield outside of him. They have strong KPP with Henderson and Fitzpatrick. biggest weakness is in the ruck, will slot into 5th if they can string together a few wins

Altona - Post is a huge get and looks a cut above them, have supreme runners and show that when they spread from defence, will be hard to beat for the year. Will run Deer Park off their legs, can't see them not making it to the final day.

Yarraville - Have recruited well, looked the better side for the 1st quarter against Deer Park on the weekend, was surprised with their midfield where they had broke even most of the day. Couldnt sustain there 1st qtr effort and really lack some key targets up forward and size down back is also a worry. A side on the up.

Spotswood - What can you say? one of the best local footy teams in Victoria. Okeefe is in a league of his own, dominates through the midfield and Cloke up forward provides a huge presence. Langlands is always reliable and provides a bit of class. My tip for the flag and based on rd 1 against Altona where a good thing beaten, imo should have won by 5

Hopefully get around to a few other teams this weekend.

gee i must be watching a different club....

not too sure about deer parks game plan.....sat back and had a real good look v yarra.... obviously have some quality players on every line though the game plan from what i seen on the w/e against the top 2 or 3 teams from last year results may go the other way...could it be an edfl style of play????.....on a number of occasions deer park were hemmed in through pressure and either turned the ball over or the ball was forced to the boundary or 50 metres backwards.....credit to yarra and definately may suprise a few teams......

smith king(kept baker quiet after 1/4 time) mcharg hunt harrison......were my better players

need to get foley/klix/king into the action more.....

take the game on and back yourself are my words of wisdom!!!!

i dont want it to happen but i recon sunshine may get the chockies this week.....

Can someone please tell me what is it exactly that the CEO and the General manager of Football Operations actually do? Why hasn't the League to intervened at North Footscray and simply demoted them to Div 2?.Why didn't they do this in February when it was pretty evident that they would not be competitive?
It would create a bye, however it would negate the damage that is being done to the competition and the club. It would also give the club the opportunity to reorganize themselves and try to rebuild their club without wasting the rest of the year getting smashed. If the League doesn't intervene soon then the club will either permantly fold, or go into recess for the remainder of the season; Either option is an abject failure. Pretty sure you don't need an MBA to work out that a team getting flogged week in/ week out will actually do more harm to the standing of the competition and attracting sponsorship.

Can someone please tell me what is it exactly that the CEO and the General manager of Football Operations actually do? Why hasn't the League to intervened at North Footscray and simply demoted them to Div 2?.Why didn't they do this in February when it was pretty evident that they would not be competitive?
It would create a bye, however it would negate the damage that is being done to the competition and the club. It would also give the club the opportunity to reorganize themselves and try to rebuild their club without wasting the rest of the year getting smashed. If the League doesn't intervene soon then the club will either permanently fold, or go into recess for the remainder of the season; Either option is an abject failure. Pretty sure you don't need an MBA to work out that a team getting flogged week in/ week out will actually do more harm to the standing of the competition and attracting sponsorship.
The league can not demote a club without it being voted upon at club and executive meeting. If that meeting happened North would have the right to defend why they should stay in first division and the sad part of it all is North's football dept (if you can call it that) and its committee are in denial. They dont think they have the problems that they are in front of them.
Anyway its not the first time in history that the bottom team in 1st division gets belted week by week. Just recently Sunshine Heights and Glenorden were pretty disgraceful.

The league can not demote a club without it being voted upon at club and executive meeting. If that meeting happened North would have the right to defend why they should stay in first division and the sad part of it all is North's football dept (if you can call it that) and its committee are in denial. They dont think they have the problems that they are in front of them.
Anyway its not the first time in history that the bottom team in 1st division gets belted week by week. Just recently Sunshine Heights and Glenorden were pretty disgraceful.

Pretty harsh word. When you know you are going to get belted every week but still get two teams on the park and do your best I wouldnt consider that being disgraced!!

But I agree that Heights and Orden are 2 examples to have a look at. Heights are now looking much better in Div 2 and Orden have turned the club around and may be ready for another crack at it next season. Nth Footscray just needs to take the 17 floggings that are coming their way and starting preparing for next season in Div 2. The sooner the preparation starts the better chance they have of turning it around next year.

gee i must be watching a different club....

not too sure about deer parks game plan.....sat back and had a real good look v yarra.... obviously have some quality players on every line though the game plan from what i seen on the w/e against the top 2 or 3 teams from last year results may go the other way...could it be an edfl style of play????.....on a number of occasions deer park were hemmed in through pressure and either turned the ball over or the ball was forced to the boundary or 50 metres backwards.....credit to yarra and definately may suprise a few teams......

smith king(kept baker quiet after 1/4 time) mcharg hunt harrison......were my better players

need to get foley/klix/king into the action more.....

take the game on and back yourself are my words of wisdom!!!!

i dont want it to happen but i recon sunshine may get the chockies this week.....

You make no sense and are inept at constructing a meaningful sentence, you need to be abolished.

It would create a bye, however it would negate the damage that is being done to the competition and the club. It would also give the club the opportunity to reorganize themselves and try to rebuild their club without wasting the rest of the year getting smashed. If the League doesn't intervene soon then the club will either permantly fold, or go into recess for the remainder of the season; Either option is an abject failure. Pretty sure you don't need an MBA to work out that a team getting flogged week in/ week out will actually do more harm to the standing of the competition and attracting sponsorship.

I come from a club that plays finals on a regular basis with an abundance of junior sides in the WRFL, the above 2 paragraphs I couldn't agree more with. The so called "powers that be at league head quarters" really need to address not only what's happening in Senior footy but also at the junior level.

Some clubs work very hard at getting 2 junior sides in the same age group on the park only to be graded by the WRFL in an appaulling way, for example if you have 2 sides in under 16's, my logic would tell me that you would have a U16A and a U16C and not the second side playing in U16B where they play against all other clubs that have only 1 side and therefore get smashed every week, who benefits from that, "NO ONE". Its about time we put it on the "WRFL POWERS THAT BE", if you want to treat club's poorly ecspecially junior's who are the future of the competition, then how about listening and grading the sides correctly or you might lose that club to another league altogether.

Has anyone else noticed that the "Umpires Appointments" on the WRFL website have not been updated since September 2012. They are supposed to be uploaded by noon on Fridays. Pretty poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone else noticed that the "Umpires Appointments" on the WRFL website have not been updated since September 2012. They are supposed to be uploaded by noon on Fridays. Pretty poor.
Agree. At least last year you could jump online on a Friday arvo and prepare yourself for the torture ahead on the Saturday.

following todays result the comp must look at this, I speak from first hand experience i nearly seen our club fall over in the same situation, North are a proud and strong club with a history better than most, the problem is the people running our league are NO GOOD and dont do what is right for the clubs. There are some older an well respected people in the league (ex umps) who are screaming for the comp to do the right thing and maybe save a club????????

You make no sense and are inept at constructing a meaningful sentence, you need to be abolished.

pppffftttt......inept.....abolished.....gee wizz!!!!

ill make it a little easier for you.....
point 1.....i didnt like the way deer park went about it.....
point 2.....through yarra's pressure made deer park at times looked second rate.....
point 3.....my best players....
point 4.....instead of going backwards when under pressure take the effing game on......
point 5.....i picked sunshine to get over the top of deer park.....though it was good to see the lions start well and get the job done today.....

hope you take the time to slow down and read it properly!!!!

ayres due back his week this is 1 game im not going to miss.....

deer park to win!!!!

Unbelievable reactions to North Footscray being belted in the last 2 games. No 1. North Footscray is a very PROUD club with a solid committee a great supporter base and a FUTURE. Ok we are struggling at the moment and it doesnt read well but with the amount of injuries the club has a few clubs would be struggling also. We have also fielded full teams in each game this year with quite a few players due back in the next few weeks. So this is for a few of the people out there rubbishing our club....we will not fold ...we will not go into recess and we will come back bigger and stronger.....take a look at yarraville-seddon 4 yrs ago and glenorden 2 years ago they struggled then but have turned it around since.

There is no doubt that everybody associated within the WRFL and local Footballing Community would all agree that North Footscray are a very proud club, yes they have a very proud history, yes they have very loyal supporters, yes they have a strong junior/auskick program and im sure there committee is doing all they can. What needs to happen now is for everybody involved at NFFC to take on as many responsibilties as they possibly can, stop blaming certain people that are at the club or have recently left, have a look at what has been done since then and what needs to be done now. One thing is obviously keeping this team together for next year, so start working on that now, get as many signed now as possible. Money is always going to be an issue so cut player wages now and start saving for next year, there are certain people/players down there now getting paid way to much for results that are not going to change to much throughout this year. Hopefully those players accept the fact that the club is struggling now, but understand and stick fat, the club can then reward those players next year and beyond. Go back to the old NFFC an put all the effort into youth and getting good young talent down there to build, the NFFC from what i remember was always about the kids and that in the end got them there GF in 2010. Nobody wants to see another club go down especially this one. :thumbsu:

Unbelievable reactions to North Footscray being belted in the last 2 games. No 1. North Footscray is a very PROUD club with a solid committee a great supporter base and a FUTURE. Ok we are struggling at the moment and it doesnt read well but with the amount of injuries the club has a few clubs would be struggling also. We have also fielded full teams in each game this year with quite a few players due back in the next few weeks. So this is for a few of the people out there rubbishing our club....we will not fold ...we will not go into recess and we will come back bigger and stronger.....take a look at yarraville-seddon 4 yrs ago and glenorden 2 years ago they struggled then but have turned it around since.

Glen Orden has turned around from 2 years ago not winning a game for 2 years, to currently being 4-0 and looking like a very hard outfit to beat, credit goes to a few guys including Nick Diker & Louie Elevato who have turned the club around on & off the field. From what people saw of glen orden 2-3 years ago, I can guarantee a much different club now exists.

You have a whole new bunch of blokes, a new clubroom currently in construction in final stages & many new sponsers getting round the club. It's being run like a good div 1 club & anything less then a flag this year will be disappointing.

So point being, your club may be at it's worst position in many years, but you can only move forward, stick strong & it can easily be turned around in less then 2 years.

Which former Afl player (very very quick apparently) has signed for a wrfl club? Was on 3aw rumour file this morning but no club or player named

that is a massive sign!!! he is still good enough to be in the system.. crazy he has come to wrfl but like above ^^ good luck playing on him!

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back