WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Joe, take out Caro's full forward/main goal kicker and WV would have won by more. See what's wrong with this statement?
Caro has players to come in but WV doesn't? Without knowing the players to come in from both sides I wouldn't bother predicting how either of them are going to go just yet. Having said that, Smackers is a pretty good coach so there should be improvement.

Going by the reserves & u/18's results, i'd say they depth runs alot deeper at Wyndhamvale, so i'd say C.S need them players to come in & have an injury free season, but must be pleased with the results, thou takes a bit to please Smackers lol

Going by the reserves & u/18's results, i'd say they depth runs alot deeper at Wyndhamvale, so i'd say C.S need them players to come in & have an injury free season, but must be pleased with the results, thou takes a bit to please Smackers lol
I don't know much about WV apart from what a mate tells me. Saw them yesterday and thought they were ok. CS looked alright too, play a good brand of open footy. Where both sides will end up on the ladder? Who knows?

What is the go at laverton?? Heard a player in the 2's king hit a manor
Lakes player after the game?

The joint is a disgrace

It was just before the end of the game. You called it right, i won't comment.
And yes Checkside, one in the crowd too ( Neither ML or Lavo ).
Yeah, dunno the details but heard there were a couple cut lunches thrown. Neither Lavo or Manor Lakes? Warm day, beers were flowing, to be expected.

Yeah, dunno the details but heard there were a couple cut lunches thrown. Neither Lavo or Manor Lakes? Warm day, beers were flowing, to be expected.

So every time it's warm and beer is being served local clubs should expect fireworks in the crowd? It's round 1 guys and this in unacceptable behavior. WRFL officials would be seething when they find out i'd imagine, given the amount of time and energy invested in the 2 new clubs. They are trying to woo Point Cook and Werribee Ammos also and create a 3rd division, couldn't see those clubs coming across if crowd brawls are expected and/or accepted.

So every time it's warm and beer is being served local clubs should expect fireworks in the crowd? It's round 1 guys and this in unacceptable behavior. WRFL officials would be seething when they find out i'd imagine, given the amount of time and energy invested in the 2 new clubs. They are trying to woo Point Cook and Werribee Ammos also and create a 3rd division, couldn't see those clubs coming across if crowd brawls are expected and/or accepted.
Expected but not accepted Cougar. The WRFL will seethe but will do f all to hold anyone to account. Toothless tiger. Anyhow I don't think they'll know about this one, a couple of punches in all and pretty much done.

Expected but not accepted Cougar. The WRFL will seethe but will do f all to hold anyone to account. Toothless tiger. Anyhow I don't think they'll know about this one, a couple of punches in all and pretty much done.

Does this put a spanner in the works of clubs trying organise alternative playing times?? If other clubs will go and cause trouble int he crowds, will other clubs want to subject their own supporters to this behaviour?

On a more positive note, full credit to Sanctuary Lakes over the weekend. They really impressed me, with their run and maturity. Got some real qaulity kids coming through and are very well coached. They will be a force in a few years time, if they can keep their list together and add a few.

Does this put a spanner in the works of clubs trying organise alternative playing times?? If other clubs will go and cause trouble int he crowds, will other clubs want to subject their own supporters to this behaviour?

On a more positive note, full credit to Sanctuary Lakes over the weekend. They really impressed me, with their run and maturity. Got some real qaulity kids coming through and are very well coached. They will be a force in a few years time, if they can keep their list together and add a few.
I don't know which clubs were involved but there's always a risk when playing alternative playing times. More chance of the settling of scores when people are less likely to be identified with a club. I know it's a money maker for clubs but if this stuff is going to go down, even if its only sometimes then fixture every game at the same time. We've said 'ah that shit happens' for too long. Kill it now or it gets out of hand. The clubs have to get on the front foot and tell the trouble makers that they are not welcome. Make a rule and enforce it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok il clear a few things up.... In the 2's game number 30 (Milney) was just going around throwing dirty elbows n punches all game... The lavo boys told him he wasn't required last yr but because of low nums he was playing... He has been asked to leave the club which is good from lavo IMO... As for the king hit there was a bit of pissed talk bw trev ulrich from wv and commo... Why you would start a war of words with him is beyond me because what else would you expect except to end up getting flattened.. The bloke loves a blue... The streaker was micka Lindsey former lavo player who was plastered lol.... And Lubke isn't playing this year(from his own mouth he's having a year off to go around and watch local footy and drink beers) also with the blue in the crowd a wrfl official was standing right next to it and said he was taking it further... Watch this space I guess...

Ok il clear a few things up.... In the 2's game number 30 (Milney) was just going around throwing dirty elbows n punches all game... The lavo boys told him he wasn't required last yr but because of low nums he was playing... He has been asked to leave the club which is good from lavo IMO... As for the king hit there was a bit of pissed talk bw trev ulrich from wv and commo... Why you would start a war of words with him is beyond me because what else would you expect except to end up getting flattened.. The bloke loves a blue... The streaker was micka Lindsey former lavo player who was plastered lol.... And Lubke isn't playing this year(from his own mouth he's having a year off to go around and watch local footy and drink beers) also with the blue in the crowd a wrfl official was standing right next to it and said he was taking it further... Watch this space I guess...

Lavo have tolerated and do tolerate bigger dick heads than milney to be fair (not justifying anyone king hitting someone else)

A big reason the club is going nowhere

Heard Lindsey was asked to leave yarraville as well

Willipremiers
The WRFL will do nothing about it and if they do, it will be stern warning which is next to doing nothing anyway. As for naming the individuals, I think posters were avoiding it.

Willipremiers
The WRFL will do nothing about it and if they do, it will be stern warning which is next to doing nothing anyway. As for naming the individuals, I think posters were avoiding it.

Name them, and shame them. Don't need them associated with the league in any form, IMO.

Doesn't matter that posters are avoiding it... About 100 people saw who was involved so if people can't hack the truth of actually happened then that's cool, I just clarified it because people were getting confused, letting rumours flow and letting the dish run away with the spoon.. Wrfl officials will either make a statement(which I can't see how they could as it's too hard to punish supporters I local footy) or just secretly be happy that such a rivalry and interest has been created in the league... Also want to clarify that in my post that I have no affiliation with either go or wv, just a very interested bystander and will be heading down before my game for a watch as it will surely be an interesting contest to say the least :)

How does everyone think go can be beaten by the vales? IMO wv try and switch to their runners too often.... When it comes off they can look really good but when they try and do it to get out of pressure the better teams that put pressure on wvs hbf and wingers seem to be in complete control of them. Will they try for a shoot out with orden/match them physically or try and switch and run? To me it's a tough ask with the quality and size of glen orden will be too much, and I'm thinking glen orden will prove too strong! Although wv do love being written off historically?

Either your mate had too many or you're just stirring the pot. Both clubs will be keen to avoid trouble and get the points without having to front the tribunal the next week. I know blokes from both clubs and neither are interested in players being rubbed out for a couple of months.
Agreed. 4 points is all you want!

How does everyone think go can be beaten by the vales? IMO wv try and switch to their runners too often.... When it comes off they can look really good but when they try and do it to get out of pressure the better teams that put pressure on wvs hbf and wingers seem to be in complete control of them. Will they try for a shoot out with orden/match them physically or try and switch and run? To me it's a tough ask with the quality and size of glen orden will be too much, and I'm thinking glen orden will prove too strong! Although wv do love being written off historically?
Agreed. 100% agreed!

Gee almost want to watch this rivalry this week I was speaking to an old mate from wydnhamvale who says a few of the players are gonna go the fist early in the match for revenge from last year be interesting to see how the wrfl will handle this match surely officials will be watching as this is surely going to get out of hands

As if the players have the same priority's match day, as a hand full of drunk'n spectators.

Hey Jo Jo , you have C.S in the top 3,
What's his name, number 2 winning the B&F,
can i guess whats next,
The reserves and U/18's bouncing back from floggings to win there GF's,
Only stirring ya ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back