WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

No chance and will be exposed on a big open ground with faster, running sides that play for the team, structured and disciplined.. WF too many slow bigger bodies, individuals and a couple of space cadets...
They aren't favourites but I wouldn't be taking them lightly. If they turn it on the Yze boys, Kennedy, Bray, Magnabosco are a lot of firepower to shut down.

They aren't favourites but I wouldn't be taking them lightly. If they turn it on the Yze boys, Kennedy, Bray, Magnabosco are a lot of firepower to shut down.

Won't get close to making it like lavo man said big ground will get expose big time back 6 won't hold down parkside goal kickers and they won't stop the vales run all over the ground happy to be proved wrong though

Glen Orden played a lot of kids but it doesn't explain that scoreline. Absolutely went to water after Parkside broke away. Take nothing away from the Magpies who were terrific but for as good as they were the Hawks were just as bad. No excuse for having 5 Magpie players fly against the Glen Orden full forward except pure laziness.

Don't make excuse out played game over at qt out coached no match ups orden coach spends more time bagging his side than coaching will be lucky to finish 4:D

Anybody know what will happen with the team of the year div 2&3 team or will there be a split team?
Anyway I'm willing to have a crack from the games I've watched..

Glenorden
-McDonald
-zangari
-crea
-scudamore

Parkside
-buttergig
-muratore
Liccardio
-barbuto

Whyndam vale
-Fonua
-jones
-OsheA
-graham
-the Ruckman

West footscray
-Kennedy
-speeksmam

Trowsdale
-yze
-Bucktin

Caroline springs
-buttergig Clarke
-caterinO
-Richards
-ryan

Manor lakes
-tobin
-priest
-montage
-baker

Nth footscray
-cavka
-kater

Sunny height
-munn
-Nicoleidis

I Definately have missed a few & have Definately missed backline players
I'll have a go I'm not going to put any div 3 players in as I think they will have their own so sorry in advance & mine just my opinion from what I have seen and word of mouth based have seen some sides more than others. Here's the players that I think clubs will put forward 5 each I believe.
*most likely feature
Parkside: Muratore*, Barbuto*, Buttigig*, Licciardo*, Vincent*
Wyndhamvale: Oshea*, graham*, Fonua, Reshke*, Dennerley
West Footscray: Kennedy*, bray*, yze*, yze, trowsdale*
Glenorden: Zangari*, Crea*, scudamore, sparks, McDonald
Manor Lakes: Priest*, Tobin*, Heyde, Montage, baker
Caroline Springs: Buttigieg-Clarke*, Ryan*, Richards, Caterino, Cavanagh
North Footscray: Cavka*, Kater*, Murphy*, chugg, liddicoat
Sunshine Heights: Nicoledies*, munn, lampi, Stevens (only have seen height for about 5qtrs)

Cant wait for finals to start can't see a change to any in the 4, rest just trying to take some momentum into preseason. Wests starting to play some good footy on the weekend parkside still the team to beat but makes for an interesting final 3 weeks of the season. Hopefully teams are close to full strength come finals and the umpiring is a bit more consistent so we can see some good footy.

Golden State, I believe you are right, no team should write off anyone at this stage of the year, particularly not West, they have a number of quality players, that would cause headaches for most coaches!

I had the privilege of watching Parkside go about their business on the weekend, I was extremely surprised with the score line like everyone else. I acknowledge GO had zangari, McDonald and other key players out, but that's hardly an excuse. Every club has injuries at this time of the year, Parkside included, who are still without at least 5 of their best 22, one of which Buttigeg is one of the best mids in the comp. There playing without Lochart, so no recognised ruck also. Speaking to those around the club, I've heard they have played 37 players through the senior side in 2014 outlining their depth. I must admit, super impressive, and I don't think it matters who GO were missing, 170 point margin is a belting.

Watching the game it seemed clinical, Parkside were in complete control from the outset. A number of their midfield are having outstanding years, especially in the absence of Buttigeg have really stood up. Not only are they winning contested football around the ground and supplying their potent forward line, they are hitting the scoreboard themselves! Muratore Licciardo Buttigeg and Stevens all have more then 25 odd goals to compliment the 40 odd goals each to khartibil, Kelly and Grigg. It's an extremely potent mix. And it was on full display at Merv Hughes on the weekend. However there is still along way to go.. And I believe any team on their day is capable of winning. I cannot wait to see the remainder of the 2014 season unfold.

Early predictions anyone?

Don't make excuse out played game over at qt out coached no match ups orden coach spends more time bagging his side than coaching will be lucky to finish 4:D

Yeah I did see that on Saturday bagging his own players in front of everyone not good enough for a senior coach to act in that way be disappointed but don't be bagging your own, speaking to a couple senior players from glen Orden at the game not all the players like the senior coach for the way he goes about it either might be the reason there season is starting to untangle

Yeah I did see that on Saturday bagging his own players in front of everyone not good enough for a senior coach to act in that way be disappointed but don't be bagging your own, speaking to a couple senior players from glen Orden at the game not all the players like the senior coach for the way he goes about it either might be the reason there season is starting to untangle
What a complete load of crap that is, Daly would have to be up there for coach of the year. Took over a side that lost 13 or their 22 from last years grand final and after 13 round were 12-1 and yes beat parkside and Vales, people on here were talking GO to drop to div 3 given the exits they had and they proved you all wrong. Also Angelini brothers worthy for team of the year doesn't come much harder and team focussed as them sacrificing their body for the team week in week out and Golden state would agree on that

What a complete load of crap that is, Daly would have to be up there for coach of the year. Took over a side that lost 13 or their 22 from last years grand final and after 13 round were 12-1 and yes beat parkside and Vales, people on here were talking GO to drop to div 3 given the exits they had and they proved you all wrong. Also Angelini brothers worthy for team of the year doesn't come much harder and team focussed as them sacrificing their body for the team week in week out and Golden state would agree on that

I'm not saying he hasn't done a good job was just reporting on what these boys were saying! Still gotta think why so many boys left after a grand final win and most to an opposition club was it really the money that lured them away or the coach who was taking over?

No love for West Footscray mate?
Went and watched West v North game last week and while West had the game under control after quarter time they didn't impress me specially playing against a side that have been ravaged with injury all season . On a bigger ground I believe West will struggle against a lightning quick side like Parkside. I may be right or wrong but time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't no if this is true or not but went and seen west and springs and the talk around the ground was west player are leaving at years end to go to parkside as the money is flowing there way?
Can someone correct me if I'm wrong cheers !

Don't no if this is true or not but went and seen west and springs and the talk around the ground was west player are leaving at years end to go to parkside as the money is flowing there way?

Also heard today Patrick wiggins to lakes along with 3 other players if a certain coach gets job down there, interesting times all round

If the roosters didn't think that was going to happen at years end more fool them
They are throwing all this money around to win a flag to go up to div 1 with no quality players, because they will all be elsewhere..

deserves anthor year,the improvement on the ground is obvious,maybe Micks wanting out of the bar and a role with the certain coach ?

Given that you walked across the lake at the Springs to get to the Lake at the Manor, do you really think that you can post an unbiased observation?
As I see it, the Springs may never have progressed as they wanted to, but the Manor has gone backwards in a hurry.
Maybe a problem with development of the Under 18's coming through?
Or was it just a case of over-reaching year 1 and this year was the reality check?

Given that you walked across the lake at the Springs to get to the Lake at the Manor, do you really think that you can post an unbiased observation?
As I see it, the Springs may never have progressed as they wanted to, but the Manor has gone backwards in a hurry.
Maybe a problem with development of the Under 18's coming through?
Or was it just a case of over-reaching year 1 and this year was the reality check?
I dont mind being un biased, results and ladder positions speak for themselves,so we are all positioned on the ladder where we deserve to be. And ive never bagged your mob,like you,s do ours.i like the walking across the lakes bit thou lol,

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back