WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what u saying is that u think fw and fff are the same person. Don't think so mate.

It's either that or you're just very close friends. Almost sisters, one might say. Either way, you've both clearly got the same bee in your respective bonnets and should keep your gripes about player selection in-house. If a player gets dropped from the senior side and doesn't have enough heart to just train hard, play at his best and make his way back into the side the old-fashioned way, then he's not the kind of player that any coach is going to want on his or her side. Well, perhaps FFF would pick that player in her Under 9s, but by Under 12s you would expect a lot better.

if a player gets dropped and he is disapointed in the outcome (ive been there plenty of times) the only way to stick it up the coaches backside is to play 2s and destroy it train harder than normal and prove the selction commitee wrong.

if a player gets dropped and he is disapointed in the outcome (ive been there plenty of times) the only way to stick it up the coaches backside is to play 2s and destroy it train harder than normal and prove the selction commitee wrong.

Too true mate. And given the quality of the Heights team this year, you can't just rock up and expect to be in the senior side. Almost every single player right now, is fighting to keep his spot. Bomber wants a team that is going to bring home the flag. If you want to be in that team, you have to work hard. If you get dropped from that team, work harder.

Too true mate. And given the quality of the Heights team this year, you can't just rock up and expect to be in the senior side. Almost every single player right now, is fighting to keep his spot. Bomber wants a team that is going to bring home the flag. If you want to be in that team, you have to work hard. If you get dropped from that team, work harder.

And that's that for that!

Now, let's call the subject moot and move on.

Devil, Karim, Weapons, Blueboy ANYONE FROM OUTSIDE HEIGHTS, PLEASE COME BACK AND HELP US START A DISCUSSION ABOUT DIVISION 2 WRFL THAT ISN'T ABOUT PLAYER SELECTION AT SUNSHINE HEIGHTS!

I know it's quiet weekend for us all, but that doesn't mean that there's not a lot going on around the league. I bet there's a few older players who are going to look pretty good next weekend after giving their body a break. I wager there's some players coming back from injury who have been missed. Tell us, people, what are the things that everyone is looking forward to in round 9? Who thinks Albanvale have a chance of ending West's run?

Devil, Karim, Weapons, Blueboy ANYONE FROM OUTSIDE HEIGHTS, PLEASE COME BACK AND HELP US START A DISCUSSION ABOUT DIVISION 2 WRFL THAT ISN'T ABOUT PLAYER SELECTION AT SUNSHINE HEIGHTS!

I know it's quiet weekend for us all, but that doesn't mean that there's not a lot going on around the league. I bet there's a few older players who are going to look pretty good next weekend after giving their body a break. I wager there's some players coming back from injury who have been missed. Tell us, people, what are the things that everyone is looking forward to in round 9? Who thinks Albanvale have a chance of ending West's run?

albanvale will struggle to match it with west, downs & krim need more help to be some sort of a chance

It's either that or you're just very close friends. Almost sisters, one might say. Either way, you've both clearly got the same bee in your respective bonnets and should keep your gripes about player selection in-house. If a player gets dropped from the senior side and doesn't have enough heart to just train hard, play at his best and make his way back into the side the old-fashioned way, then he's not the kind of player that any coach is going to want on his or her side. Well, perhaps FFF would pick that player in her Under 9s, but by Under 12s you would expect a lot better.

Well said.:thumbsu:

BB not playing for West anymore but I still think that they may be a 5-6 goal better team than Heights.

Do Heights have match ups for

McGhie
Lane
Innella
Evans
Webster
Saliba
Ziggy
Guerrera

ill chuck that right back at ya, does west have players to stop Greto, malia, fais, smiley, mickaladi, caruana, le roy, flappers and the new gun recruit.

BB not playing for West anymore but I still think that they may be a 5-6 goal better team than Heights.

McGhie
Lane
Innella
Evans
Webster
Saliba
Ziggy
Guerrera

Yes, very confidant of that. Deleting Guerrera the reality is if we have a win with 3 or 4 match ups out of the 7 it would be a good result. Saying that we will have confidance in all the match ups. Saying a bit further we wont be worrying about matching up the whole 7 anyway, West can worry about us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, very confidant of that. Deleting Guerrera the reality is if we have a win with 3 or 4 match ups out of the 7 it would be a good result. Saying that we will have confidance in all the match ups. Saying a bit further we wont be worrying about matching up the whole 7 anyway, West can worry about us.

Do you not think that Charlie can carve up the game? That is what I think the problem will be in the game. The second string players at Heights not having the depth of West. West always have different players in the best each week but Heights it's always the same few.

McGhie
Lane
Innella
Evans
Webster
Saliba
Ziggy
Guerrera

I think it has more to do with stopping to the supply to the forwards and I think Heights have the players to do that.

Will be a great contest, but I truley think Heights have been the stand out team so far this season and will get over the line against West.

Ok here's one for you - What do the next rung of teams need to do or what type of players do they need to pick up to have a crack in 2008. This year obviously Albanvale, Wests, Heights are the frontrunners nobody can deny that, but what do Braybrook, Districts, North Sunshine, Wydhamvale and North Footscray need to push into that top rung next year.
Having spent time at Districts last year I know that numbers at training would be one thing for them to work on (Me included in that - not the best trainer around I'll testify to that!!) - they do have some quality players and could do with a few more pacy flankers, but they need to develop their fitness without doubt.
Sorry Unit for not including Western but what they need will take more than 1 year and Brunswick shouldn't be here (Did I hear somebody say Club 18's in the Ammo's???)

at the mid season break i know ppl still havent played ervybody yet but lets have an update of end of season predictions?

Premiers: Sunhine Heights
Runners Up: West Footscray
Comp BnF: Greto/ Kadour tie
Leading Goalkicker: Greto
Wooden Spoon: Western Magpies

Ok here's one for you - What do the next rung of teams need to do or what type of players do they need to pick up to have a crack in 2008. This year obviously Albanvale, Wests, Heights are the frontrunners nobody can deny that, but what do Braybrook, Districts, North Sunshine, Wydhamvale and North Footscray need to push into that top rung next year.
Having spent time at Districts last year I know that numbers at training would be one thing for them to work on (Me included in that - not the best trainer around I'll testify to that!!) - they do have some quality players and could do with a few more pacy flankers, but they need to develop their fitness without doubt.
Sorry Unit for not including Western but what they need will take more than 1 year and Brunswick shouldn't be here (Did I hear somebody say Club 18's in the Ammo's???)

i think what they might need is depth and not the over 30 type depth they need qualit 19-25 year olds that have at least 3 of the following:
stong mark
great skills
pace (break the lines)
Fit
height

if you dont have those attributes across the board then your going to struggle. you also need about 5 in the 2s that fit into this category in case of unavailabilty or form.

you could go out and spend a heap of cash trying to build this up but the best way would be to have a good junior program in place with good coaches to nurture the young talent through the ranks and a senior coach who will take a risk and blood young 17-19 year olds to build a solid base in the coming years. it cant happen overnight.
look at heights (for example only because i have been there and i no their players) a strong core of the senior team have grown up playing together.

Greto westo mallia m caruana n caruana m nicolaides s nicolaides farnfield mizzi haracca cammaleri Kapetanios
all played under 18 or below at the club

come on typewriter magpies for the wooden spoon we arnt talking AFL here. Div 2 wooden Spooners will be Brunswick Power.

i thought i would mix it up a bit brunswick have offesively been imprressive the last fortnight scoring over 100 against west was very good, i think they might surprise a couple in the second half of the season is there another magpies v power?

on the other hand i wouldnt be surprised if im wrong on that 1, id rather get that 1 wrong than the premiership 1 wrong

i think what they might need is depth and not the over 30 type depth they need qualit 19-25 year olds that have at least 3 of the following:
stong mark
great skills
pace (break the lines)
Fit
height

if you dont have those attributes across the board then your going to struggle. you also need about 5 in the 2s that fit into this category in case of unavailabilty or form.

you could go out and spend a heap of cash trying to build this up but the best way would be to have a good junior program in place with good coaches to nurture the young talent through the ranks and a senior coach who will take a risk and blood young 17-19 year olds to build a solid base in the coming years. it cant happen overnight.
look at heights (for example only because i have been there and i no their players) a strong core of the senior team have grown up playing together.

Greto westo mallia m caruana n caruana m nicolaides s nicolaides farnfield mizzi haracca cammaleri Kapetanios
all played under 18 or below at the club

Some good points but a simpler way of looking at it is:

1- Make sure your Juniors know that senior footy is within reach and they will be given senior game time.

2-Make sure that you create an atmosphere at your club that the players enjoy being there (both training, games and Sat nights). If they like being there they will never leave regardless of what offers they get. I'm sure the Magpies have produced plenty of good footballers over the last 10 years but they have all left... why? cos the place is a sad dingy joint.

Some good points but a simpler way of looking at it is:

1- Make sure your Juniors know that senior footy is within reach and they will be given senior game time.

2-Make sure that you create an atmosphere at your club that the players enjoy being there (both training, games and Sat nights). If they like being there they will never leave regardless of what offers they get. I'm sure the Magpies have produced plenty of good footballers over the last 10 years but they have all left... why? cos the place is a sad dingy joint.

I think GBF hit the nail on the head. Obviously I'm another Heights player, so I might be missing some perspective but from what I have seen this years success has (so far - touch wood) has been all about atmosphere and desire. Guys who were there in the finals last year have all trained our asses off and are taking everything that little bit more seriously this year. The rest of the guys who weren't have either come to play with old friends or are guys like Nicolaides who played juniors at Height and have come back from other teams that obviously weren't as much fun to play for. I can't imagine how it looks from West's point of view, because I haven't been there and trained or played with them or anyone else around the league, but if Heights wins a flag this year, it will be because a bunch of good players and good mates have come together and worked hard for it. (Sounds a bit like a bad mid-day movie, but it's the truth)

it's about time we started to talk positive footy talk, and have you noticed that Female footy freak and wife have not been seen for a while, thats rite today Kmart have 30% of all shoes maybe they are there were they belong insted of waisting time on big footy forum with their negative coments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back