WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have as much chance of Nick playing for Colts as we do of having Rock play for heights lol. Seriously he has only played enough games to qualify in the last few years and hasn't trained. All going well he will play many games and be a major influence. Like a bonus new recruit really on top of last years team. Goes bang the comp medal might be a bit much as we know anything can happen in football. I think just let him go about his business as low key as possible as he is that sort of guy and wouldn't ever pump himself up. However it's very exciting watching him train.

Obe1 can you tell a little about Ash Lewis. Did he play any seniors at Colts and if not was he close. How old is he. Could he have become a senior regular at Colts in time or just not up to it.

Interesting about the night comp. as we are still looking to find another praccy. Have asked previous thoughts on playing an A1 club and receiving a thumping. Could it demoralise or as I think would do good seeing how top players operate and see where players are at as individuals playing wise and fitness wise. Your thoughts?

deer park played the colts in a praccy in 2004 when they last played in a granny got smacked by about 30 goals but i suppose it was a great hit out just to learn how they move and use the ball and i think it wouldnt be demoralizing you prob can get alot out of it i recon it would be a great eye opener to see where the team is at and what you have to work on in a degree if you wanna play in the top comp.......:thumbsu:

obe1;670323 Obe1 can you tell a little about Ash Lewis. Did he play any seniors at Colts and if not was he close. How old is he. Could he have become a senior regular at Colts in time or just not up to it. Interesting about the night comp. as we are still looking to find another praccy. Have asked previous thoughts on playing an A1 club and receiving a thumping. Could it demoralise or as I think would do good seeing how top players operate and see where players are at as individuals playing wise and fitness wise. Your thoughts?[/quote said:
It was a little disapionting loosing Ash after one year, he was close to a senior game a number of times. Probaly ranked around the 26th player on the list. He is around the 25 yo mark and was primarly gromed as a defender in the ones and was used in the ruck for the two's. He seems more than happy in his new "home" and is very keen to do well for North.

As for playing a higher standard club in a praccy match? I think it is always a good idea to aim high, get people out of thier comfort zone and test ones skills ( both mental and pysical ) How a club approaches a game as such depends on the coaches ability to "sell" the game to the team, identifying the key piont's that would like to achive fron the game. As long as it is approached with confidence and a focus on your clubs KPI'S you cant go wrong. It is also important to choose well in identifing the correct team to play.

Tell us a bit about Ash Lewis. Do you think he will do well in A2 coming from Port Colts reserves. Did he play any seniors at Colts and do you know why he has gone down a division being a young guy. Was he not up to A1's or does he have mates at Nth.

ash left the colts just because he wants to get a bit of snr footy under his belt and new that wouldnt happen at the colts. who know how he will go in div2 only time will tell!! he 24 loves playing ruck and had no hope of doing that at the colts or any div1 club so div2 prob suits him better plus his kicking is terrible. hes keen for a big season this year at nth.

You have as much chance of Nick playing for Colts as we do of having Rock play for heights lol. Seriously he has only played enough games to qualify in the last few years and hasn't trained. All going well he will play many games and be a major influence. Like a bonus new recruit really on top of last years team. Goes bang the comp medal might be a bit much as we know anything can happen in football. I think just let him go about his business as low key as possible as he is that sort of guy and wouldn't ever pump himself up. However it's very exciting watching him train.

Obe1 can you tell a little about Ash Lewis. Did he play any seniors at Colts and if not was he close. How old is he. Could he have become a senior regular at Colts in time or just not up to it.

Interesting about the night comp. as we are still looking to find another praccy. Have asked previous thoughts on playing an A1 club and receiving a thumping. Could it demoralise or as I think would do good seeing how top players operate and see where players are at as individuals playing wise and fitness wise. Your thoughts?

i think you can learn a lot from playing against an A1 team but the club from A1 isn't going to get anything out of the hit out

we played against a division 2 club a few years ago and we had players walking off the ground because it was just a waste of time and not the best preperation for the following week

it's only my opinion but i wouldn't like to play a praccy against an A2 club as there is no benefit and would shattered if i sustained an injury in such a contest

[/u][/b]

i think you can learn a lot from playing against an A1 team but the club from A1 isn't going to get anything out of the hit out

we played against a division 2 club a few years ago and we had players walking off the ground because it was just a waste of time and not the best preperation for the following week

it's only my opinion but i wouldn't like to play a praccy against an A2 club as there is no benefit and would shattered if i sustained an injury in such a contest

Appreciate your views cougarman.

However as an A1 club the game could still be used for match fitness, working out set plays, working on zones etc for opposition kick ins, working on your kick ins, working out a structure all over the field and looking at new players. Saying that if I were an A1 club I would still want it to be in some way competetive say a 15 goal win or less, which is being outscored by 3 or 4 goals a quarter.

Maybe you just expressed a strong view so Rock can see it so he doesn't organise a practice match against Heights which might frighten a few of your players. Only joking there.

Appreciate your views cougarman.

However as an A1 club the game could still be used for match fitness, working out set plays, working on zones etc for opposition kick ins, working on your kick ins, working out a structure all over the field and looking at new players. Saying that if I were an A1 club I would still want it to be in some way competetive say a 15 goal win or less, which is being outscored by 3 or 4 goals a quarter.

Maybe you just expressed a strong view so Rock can see it so he doesn't organise a practice match against Heights which might frighten a few of your players. Only joking there.

i'm sure there a some benefits like the ones you mentioned but i prefer not to play in those type of matches, one massive benefit would be to rest most of your big guns and throw your young players in and see how they go, pick a side that will ensure a competitive hit-out and help with the development of younger players on the list, after all scoreboard is irrelevant in praccy games

yer funny i like it but somehow i dont think so

i will go for robertson(deer park)

gretto(heights)

what about u all eyes???

havnt seen any of the boys play yet but from training i would say michael lanciana is gunna be a big show at north if he stays injury free!!

havnt seen any of the boys play yet but from training i would say michael lanciana is gunna be a big show at north if he stays injury free!!

Yeah big Mick is flying... however, if Hayden Phillips is not getting a game at Werribee, he may end up going back to back b&f's at North. You may be a chance as well all-eyes!!!

Yeah big Mick is flying... however, if Hayden Phillips is not getting a game at Werribee, he may end up going back to back b&f's at North. You may be a chance as well all-eyes!!!

hahaha beeing very generous dek thanks mate but dont think so, happy 2 just be apart of the team!!!

Anyone got any info on some of the teams that never getmuch of a mention on here:

Gladstone Park
Braybrook
North Sunshine
Brunswick

and Unit27 got any names on those recruits at the Magpies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Havn't seen them play yet. You have practicly pencilled yourselves in for a top two or three finish. Make up your mind.

Seriously though it must be exciting down there having a big guy like Ash Lewis come down from A1's. Talls are hard to find. Are you starting to learn how he plays by training alongside him. Whats your thoughts.

Havn't seen them play yet. You have practicly pencilled yourselves in for a top two or three finish. Make up your mind.

Seriously though it must be exciting down there having a big guy like Ash Lewis come down from A1's. Talls are hard to find. Are you starting to learn how he plays by training alongside him. Whats your thoughts.

It is very exciting TD, over 35 on the track tonight, new blokes running around fitting in well and the big fella Ash looks great.

How have all the new guys settled in down Glengala road. How many from Centrals have come across??? Big Fasil will be a good recruit for you guys... another big body across the forward line will serve you guys well.

yeah well just going off where they finished last year and with the pick ups they have they can only go forward. so they would be top 3 if thats the case!!!

ash lewis is doing k is been winning the time trials and is very keen. playing with the colts for the last 2 years so hes trying 2 bring a few things hes learnt from the best of div1. so that can only benefit the club and him self. his kicking skills need a lot of work. we have picked up at least 4 players over 6'2 with matty young sighning 2nite aswell so things are looking up for the devils o7 mate

It is very exciting TD, over 35 on the track tonight, new blokes running around fitting in well and the big fella Ash looks great.

How have all the new guys settled in down Glengala road. How many from Centrals have come across??? Big Fasil will be a good recruit for you guys... another big body across the forward line will serve you guys well.

dek is looking good being a new bloke down there find it hard 2 believe a bloke with those skills mite just play 2s. think he hit me lace out at least 5 or 6 times!!!! thanks dek

Yeah big Faisel is going great. Seeing him close up you appeciate how talented he is. Kicks 45 to 50 both sides of his body is a strong mark and hits like a train. Have another 3 or 4 from Centrals too all very good footballers capable of playing good senior football. If their training keeps up all will be in the seniors for the practice games giving them every chance of being there in round one. Also have another of Centrals 2005 team training and hope for another one to sign up also from 2005. Both played in higher leagues in 2006.

We recruit differently as we don't pay we need to find the guys who are not chasing a dollar and need to sell the club in other ways to entice players to come and play with the best club in A2's. Yes we are all biased I know.

About 25 at training tonight. Good to hear about young Ash, I suppose all eyes will be on him once the real stuff starts to see how he goes. Who are your assistant coach/s and reserves coach at Nth.

dek is looking good being a new bloke down there find it hard 2 believe a bloke with those skills mite just play 2s. think he hit me lace out at least 5 or 6 times!!!! thanks dek

We would all love all of our players to have the passion and love of football Dekka does. I think with a guy like Dekka it is very easy to be pigeon holed as a type of player, ie a reseves player. Once that happens it is hard to become a regular senior player. A new club and opportunities where a player like Dekka could start from scratch could mean being a regular senior. If you are interested in a change Dekka just pm me and we will get you down to Ainsworth lol.

Anyone got any info on some of the teams that never getmuch of a mention on here:

Gladstone Park
Braybrook
North Sunshine
Brunswick

not this sat but next sat will be playing cricket down at dempster park and ill update on the road runners then ground/players if i can

a couple have come back from the eagles from first div so i think they will be ok

We would all love all of our players to have the passion and love of football Dekka does. I think with a guy like Dekka it is very easy to be pigeon holed as a type of player, ie a reseves player. Once that happens it is hard to become a regular senior player. A new club and opportunities where a player like Dekka could start from scratch could mean being a regular senior. If you are interested in a change Dekka just pm me and we will get you down to Ainsworth lol.

Thanks for the kind words TD,
I will keep you guys in mind if i ever feel that a chnage is needed. At least i know i can find a club where i may be able to speak my second language frequently and also be around guys that enjoy a punt on the trots.
I must say, I think you guys need a step up from the greyhounds... time to move on to the pacers...

How is Theo going as Ass coach??

Thanks for the kind words TD,
I will keep you guys in mind if i ever feel that a chnage is needed. At least i know i can find a club where i may be able to speak my second language frequently and also be around guys that enjoy a punt on the trots.
I must say, I think you guys need a step up from the greyhounds... time to move on to the pacers...

How is Theo going as Ass coach??

Theo who? Assistant coach is Michael Grima. Who is your assistant/s and who is your reserves coach.

Theo who? Assistant coach is Michael Grima. Who is your assistant/s and who is your reserves coach.

I heard a whisper that Theo, ex Central coach was down and had a coaching roll.... I knew Grima was an assistant as well.

We have Cameron Mullinger as Assistant coach and Aldo Pagano is the Twos coach. I do believe however that we are seeking another assistant as we speak.

I heard a whisper that Theo, ex Central coach was down and had a coaching roll.... I knew Grima was an assistant as well.

We have Cameron Mullinger as Assistant coach and Aldo Pagano is the Twos coach. I do believe however that we are seeking another assistant as we speak.

Theo hasn't been sighted as yet.

Was also hoping to get big MJ and Scott V from Central. However both decided that their priority was money and ended up at West.

Grima does have a coaching role at Heights and between you and me enjoys any sort of roll he can get his hands on. Very fortunate to have Michael as an assistant at Heights, will make a great coach one day, very astute. It's like we have two coaches and both work very well together.

Gladstone Park
Braybrook
North Sunshine
Brunswick

Hey goesbang down at magpie land we are looking pretty good we have picked up 5 from Westbourne and had a few from Glenorden have a look.and for all those teams you want to know about does it matter how they are going(hope they are struggling) we need a few side to beat this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back