WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little harsh Red Devil. Central Altona will be remembered for the last few years unfortunately. Prior to that they were a good solid club dating back to the 70's I think. The area didn't really lend itself to continued growth with juniors etc which is where things fell down. Most area's have youngsters being born and coming through the ranks but Central Altona is an old area.

As for Brunswick credibility or not the club gives the opportunity for the aboriginal community to be involved in a sporting club whether as a player or official, thus gives some a purpose or meaning in their life. It gives the younger aboriginals the chance to develop discipline, learn about working hard and achieving. Yes they are not very good but sometimes its not about winning or being sucessfull its about a whole lot more.

All fair points TD.

Central Altona may have been good club in the past, but their onfield behaviour has been poor for more than just the last couple of years - try the last decade. I realise they have had some decent people behind the scenes who have worked really hard to keep the club afloat, but unfortunately their 'talent' has let them down. Players who don't support the club by not attending training, paying memberships etc. This year I personally witnessed some shocking incidents by CA players which we cannot tolerate and which the League needed to be stronger in not condoning.

I concur about providing young Aborginals an opportunity to develop, but not at the expense of the operations of the competition. Many players are forced to play two games per weekend and often they have not been able to field a reserves team at all. I realise we have other teams from the northern suburbs, but nevertheless BP are not a local western suburban club promoting the youth of our area. Therefore they have to retain even higher standards (than say they Magpies) of which they don't and I doubt ever will. Further, they are not competitive on the field which does our competition no favours.

A little harsh Red Devil. Central Altona will be remembered for the last few years unfortunately. Prior to that they were a good solid club dating back to the 70's I think. The area didn't really lend itself to continued growth with juniors etc which is where things fell down. Most area's have youngsters being born and coming through the ranks but Central Altona is an old area.

As for Brunswick credibility or not the club gives the opportunity for the aboriginal community to be involved in a sporting club whether as a player or official, thus gives some a purpose or meaning in their life. It gives the younger aboriginals the chance to develop discipline, learn about working hard and achieving. Yes they are not very good but sometimes its not about winning or being sucessfull its about a whole lot more.

the aboriginal community would be welcome at most clubs as would all nationalitys.
everybody should be given oppurtunitys to particapate, however
if we look at the lessons learnt from soccer in this country 1 race clubs are a reciepe for disaster.

What does 37points $$$$ mean?

Righto if u wanna stop the crap, just post something productive on here to start things off. U might think that its me stirring but if you read back I have offered alot more stuff for the Big Footy users than you.

yer all your dribble has been interesting.........adding fuel to the fire.......

ask your buddy tony

[/b]

the aboriginal community would be welcome at most clubs as would all nationalitys.
everybody should be given oppurtunitys to particapate, however
if we look at the lessons learnt from soccer in this country 1 race clubs are a reciepe for disaster.

Yeah fair point there. Don't know about disaster but know where you are coming from. The crap players are more inclined to play at Brunswick rather than other clubs because they know they will get a game.

And Red Devil Central Altona have probably had a bad element involved for about 10 years but moreso the last 3 or 4. Before this time they were not so bad to play against.

Yeah fair point there. Don't know about disaster but know where you are coming from. The crap players are more inclined to play at Brunswick rather than other clubs because they know they will get a game.

And Red Devil Central Altona have probably had a bad element involved for about 10 years but moreso the last 3 or 4. Before this time they were not so bad to play against.

havnt seen them play for a long time but the storys have been poor reading does nothing to enhance the leagues rep hopefully this chapter is closed.

Anyone know who is coaching Brunswick this year??
I know it would be hard to attract a quality coach but maybe if they started at the top they might have some chance of building up a team.

All fair points TD.

Central Altona may have been good club in the past, but their onfield behaviour has been poor for more than just the last couple of years - try the last decade. I realise they have had some decent people behind the scenes who have worked really hard to keep the club afloat, but unfortunately their 'talent' has let them down. Players who don't support the club by not attending training, paying memberships etc. This year I personally witnessed some shocking incidents by CA players which we cannot tolerate and which the League needed to be stronger in not condoning.

I concur about providing young Aborginals an opportunity to develop, but not at the expense of the operations of the competition. Many players are forced to play two games per weekend and often they have not been able to field a reserves team at all. I realise we have other teams from the northern suburbs, but nevertheless BP are not a local western suburban club promoting the youth of our area. Therefore they have to retain even higher standards (than say they Magpies) of which they don't and I doubt ever will. Further, they are not competitive on the field which does our competition no favours.

agreed i actually played for cents this year and found the commitee were working extremly hard off the scene but a few players for various reasons spoilt the work so in the end fatty and the crew had no option to chuck it in:(

agreed i actually played for cents this year and found the commitee were working extremly hard off the scene but a few players for various reasons spoilt the work so in the end fatty and the crew had no option to chuck it in:(

sounds like a tough situation but in my opinion if a couple of individuals are causing trouble then the commitee have to bite the bullet and send these players on their way and forbid then from representing the club, from what i hear this has been going on for a while at central altona and the club only has itself to blame to continuing to these guys play for the club and ultimately ruin it

If you did play hopefully you were one of the five that actually paid full membership otherwise you also contributed to its down fall.

Fatty worked hard trying to make up for 2005 (a year in which you made the finals) in which not one cent profit was made on the bar. Where did all the money go? Also poor committee decision to loan I think $1500 to pay for the bar mans sons 21st which was never repaid. On top of that a cancelled 2005 football trip which no player received a refund all added to a poor club to be involved with.

On top of that players that were turned away in 2005 on the grounds of being trouble were allowed back in 2006 and guess what caused trouble which we now know the result of.

Committee work was left to too few and the poor decisions made have ultimately led to the down fall of the club.

Poor player behaviour by a few and poor membership support by many meant that it was not a few but was in fact the majority of the team that let the club down and ultimately themselves.

Many good blokes at Central Altona and only a few rat bags but the running of the place was a shambles.

If you did play hopefully you were one of the five that actually paid full membership otherwise you also contributed to its down fall.

Fatty worked hard trying to make up for 2005 (a year in which you made the finals) in which not one cent profit was made on the bar. Where did all the money go? Also poor committee decision to loan I think $1500 to pay for the bar mans sons 21st which was never repaid. On top of that a cancelled 2005 football trip which no player received a refund all added to a poor club to be involved with.

On top of that players that were turned away in 2005 on the grounds of being trouble were allowed back in 2006 and guess what caused trouble which we now know the result of.

Committee work was left to too few and the poor decisions made have ultimately led to the down fall of the club.

Poor player behaviour by a few and poor membership support by many meant that it was not a few but was in fact the majority of the team that let the club down and ultimately themselves.

Many good blokes at Central Altona and only a few rat bags but the running of the place was a shambles.

i only played 1 game so membership wasn't required and as for no money made on the bar, The lebanese players of which ended up being a majority would never stick around for a drink so it made it hard for making money

i only played 1 game so membership wasn't required and as for no money made on the bar, The lebanese players of which ended up being a majority would never stick around for a drink so it made it hard for making money

In 2005 there were many players who were not Lebanese at the club and the bar made no profit whatsoever. The alcohol was drunk but the til was empty.

I understand your point about Lebanese players due to religion not drinking alcohol.

Membership is required to be paid by all players, some clubs have it as policy to have it before they play. Most clubs don't though and have to chase it up because players don't realise that is one thing that keeps clubs afloat. Cllubs that pay take it straight out of match payments.

Delaney... were u on the track at Dragonland tonight? i wandered over from the pub and had a look when I saw the boys having a scratch match.

The big bloke at Full Forward looked the goods.... will be a big pick up for the Dragons. If he can kick 40 at Centrals last year pencil him in for at least 70 on the small Ainsworth ground. A few other recruits there that I hadn't seen before as well. Can u name some of them?

And which one were u if u were there?

Delaney... were u on the track at Dragonland tonight? i wandered over from the pub and had a look when I saw the boys having a scratch match.

The big bloke at Full Forward looked the goods.... will be a big pick up for the Dragons. If he can kick 40 at Centrals last year pencil him in for at least 70 on the small Ainsworth ground. A few other recruits there that I hadn't seen before as well. Can u name some of them?

And which one were u if u were there?

what time do the dragons start?????

yer a scratch match with about 15 players did you play against the cricket team went past about 7 ish and counted 15 by the time i drove past wheres the 30 youve been getting.........and im sure the cricket club wont let yous run on the centre wicket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yer the big fella is faisal, he played at centrals last year, really good player with potential to kick a ton. get him fit and watch out.

we call him the f train, if i was you watch out what you talk about him because if he plays against ya he will probally squash ya

yer a scratch match with about 15 players did you play against the cricket team went past about 7 ish and counted 15 by the time i drove past wheres the 30 youve been getting.........and im sure the cricket club wont let yous run on the centre wicket

U must have been driving too fast champ.... Cricket club was at the pub end and the game was at the other end going across the ground from the rooms to the coaches box. Was about 12 per team with a few guys sitting out.... that makes 24+

hey guys im new to the western suburbs looking for a good club, with good atmosphere and close knit group, can somebody let me know of any???

Depends on your situation...

I agree that the Devils are not a bad club. Might be a few years away from a flag....

If you are 18-28 you would fit in at Sunshine Heights who will be challengers this year for sure. (If you are into Greyhounds thats a bonus)

If you are over 30 and are looking to spend your last few years at a Div 2 club before you move in to Super Rules I would suggest that Deer Park is your club.... In actual fact you will probably consider yourself a young buck there!!

Good Luck

13 per side so 26 trained.

Depends on your situation...

I agree that the Devils are not a bad club. Might be a few years away from a flag....

If you are 18-28 you would fit in at Sunshine Heights who will be challengers this year for sure. (If you are into Greyhounds thats a bonus)

If you are over 30 and are looking to spend your last few years at a Div 2 club before you move in to Super Rules I would suggest that Deer Park is your club.... In actual fact you will probably consider yourself a young buck there!!

Good Luck

the devils a few years away, budd we are gunna give it a shake this year. teams wont know what hit em if thay come out thinking we are just gunna make up the number. we are the real deal. we have had at least 6 new sighed players that should all play snr footy and a few 18 that are coming up. it might be the year of the devils this year!!!!! DEVILS 07

the devils a few years away, budd we are gunna give it a shake this year. teams wont know what hit em if thay come out thinking we are just gunna make up the number. we are the real deal. we have had at least 6 new sighed players that should all play snr footy and a few 18 that are coming up. it might be the year of the devils this year!!!!! DEVILS 07

You gotta do better than that mate... Name the 6 new players and give there credentials.... while ur at it, list ur losses as well. Let the BF members know WHY u guys are going to improve

You gotta do better than that mate... Name the 6 new players and give there credentials.... while ur at it, list ur losses as well. Let the BF members know WHY u guys are going to improve

k we have got 4 blokes from seamore 2 sign unshore of all the boys names!! ash lewis ex port colts 2s player a guy from willy c y jeff butts. greg mckenzie plus matty young is also a huge chance 2 sign with us!!

k we have got 4 blokes from seamore 2 sign unshore of all the boys names!! ash lewis ex port colts 2s player a guy from willy c y jeff butts. greg mckenzie plus matty young is also a huge chance 2 sign with us!!

and losses... Thommo... JB.. surely can't play ones again..

anyway, I don't like to bag clubs/players (unless it's Weapons or anyone from Deer Park)... so all the best to the Devils... but in my opinion anything better than week 2 of the finals will be Bonus for 07.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back